Get Excited, Nintendo's E3 Site Is Out In The Wild

Posted by Orla Madden

Hype begins in 3.. 2.. 1..

It is now the 1st of June depending on where you are in the world. You know what that means folks, E3 is creeping upon us so fast that Sonic himself is finding it hard to keep up.

As you all know, Nintendo will be hosting a Nintendo Direct broadcast on 11th June at 3pm UK time / 4pm European Central time / 10am Eastern / 7am Pacific, and the company has now set up its official E3 site where it will no doubt house all the goings on from the expo.

Coverage will continue for the duration of E3 and Nintendo will release game trailers, interviews and plenty more for us all to get excited about. Of course, we'll be providing you lovely readers with the usual live coverage on the day.

Nintendo also announced on the site that four unreleased Wii U games will be available to try out on demo stations at participating Best Buy locations across North America.

Ten days to go, need we ask if you're excited?

[via e3.nintendo.com]

JactheRipper

JactheRipper said:

Come E3 spot lights on PS and Nintendo to see what they can pull out there sleeves. With nintendo showing there big games on a Pre E3 Direct i cant wait to see what they show when E3 starts and if Sony is true to their word and every studio they have is working on a project. ITS GUNNA BE A SHOOT OUT!!!!

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

Awesome! If you look at the background on the E3 site, it flashes through games that will presumably be shown. There is a grey decal for multiple games. For example, I've seen decals representing the 3D Mario, Pikmin, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker, and Mario and Luigi Dream through refreshing multiple times! Give it a whirl.

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

So excited for e3! Hopefully, Nintendo can make the crowd excited with their new titles! #optimistlove

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

My predictions for the four games:
1) Mario Kart
2) 3D Mario
3) Smash Bros.
4) Wind Waker HD

Of course, I could be wrong about numbers 3 and 4, but 1 and 2 were confirmed to be true ages ago. Too bad they're not coming to my state, otherwise I'd be at Best Buy first thing in the morning.

Needless to say, I'm still excited for the Direct. June 11 couldn't come any sooner.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

3D Mario and Smash Bros are really making me look forward to this E3, even if no huge press conference will be held.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I know they have the games they need to excite; I just hope that this new approach Nintendo is taking pays off. It's going to be an interesting E3 for all sides. Nintendo sure is taking the risk, but I'm going to be optimistic! Everyone is looking forward to Super Smash Bros., and rightfully so, but I have a feeling the new 3D Mario is going to really stun people too.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

I'm soOoOOooo Mondo 'n Mega excited!!! :D Hopefully, they'll beable to top their brilliant 2010 E3 where they busted out the guns & unvieled the exciting 3DS, Zelda Skyward Sword, Epic Yarn, DKCR, Golden Eye 007 ect ect, which was honestly thee' greatest NintenE3 that i've seen in years. The last two however were pretty darn underwhelming and far from great....Here's hoping they knock it out of the Proto man park! 3rd time's a lucky charm right? :p

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

@Captain_Balko thanks for the heads up about refreshing the page for new character silhouettes :)

Actually if you go to http://e3.nintendo.com/_ui/images/charart/char1.png you can see the 3D Mario silhouette & change the 1 in the url above to any number inbetween 1 & 10 to see all the different silhouettes, haha.

I'm greatly looking forward to the awesomeness of Nintendo E3 Directs :D I can't believe its only a week & a half away :O

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

@WiiLovePeace awesome.
1 is clearly mario, 2 is WW Link, 3 is mario and luigi, 4 is pikmin, 5 i dont recognize! New IP?? 6 is Luigi on Yoshi, and 7-10 are individual pikmin.
I do hope they have more in store for us than that, I expect Super Smash and the new Zelda to be shown but not playable. Perhaps these characters are of just the playable demos?
I'm guessing:
1. New 3D mario adventure, 2. WW HD, 3. new mario and luigi game on 3DS, 4 is pikmin, 5 is unannounced game (unless i just dont recognize the character) and 6 is New Super Luigi U.
I'm super excited.
Between Nintendo pulling out all the Big Guns we've all been waiting for, to PS4 to follow up their exciting reveil with even more games and the actual system on display, and microsoft needing to seriously step up their GAME (pun intended).
Hehehe, I feel my nerd senses tingling.

Nintendude789

Nintendude789 said:

@hwrose379 No silly, it's confirmed.

If you refresh the site, the shadow changes. So far is saw a Pikmin, flying Pikmin, Luigi riding on a Yoshi, and a mysterious shadow that looks like Viewful Joe!! Could he appear on E3?!?!

EDIT: Never mind. It's from Wonderful 101. XD

Nintex

Nintex said:

I'm so excited too see what is announced at E3, but sadly I'll be leaving june 2nd and will be gone all month for military stuff :( Worst part.... no internet :0 I will be looking forward to the influx of info when I get back for sure!

Robzy1990

Robzy1990 said:

Bet you this "3d mario" will be a 3d luigi game instead, hence the year of luigi and the silhouette on the image above.

Luigi's mansion at the beginning of the year. Luigi u dlc mid year and luigi 3d at the end.

gamr4life

gamr4life said:

Can't wait for E3! Sucks that I'm going camping that week sniff. I'll have alot of work to do once I get back. I wonder what the four unannounced games are........

SockoMario

SockoMario said:

I hope the new 3D Mario game isn't Super Mario Galaxy 3. If it is, I'm going to be very mad. Don't get me wrong, the galaxy games where good, but. Its time for something new.

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

@Robzy1990 Ehhhh....no. That won't happen. Nintendo even confirmed that it's a 3D Mario game. If you take a look at the New Super Luigi U box art, you can see Luigi riding Yoshi...and lo and behold, it matches the silhouette. It's probably just New Super Luigi U.

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

And so the countdown officially begins...

I've already made sure I have the 11th off work, so my body, and schedule, is ready!

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

Love, I'll be away in Florida for vacation. Oh well, maybe I'll be able to find a Best Buy location there and see the E3 announcements through a mobile device. :)

hydeks

hydeks said:

Can't wait for the hour long Nintendo Direct :) I gotta find a Best Buy that's hosting too, need to play some new games!

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

Ya know, ci would love to try out those demos, BUT THERE NOT AT ANY OF MY LOCATIONS!!!! C'mon Nintendo, u need to release them to all the locations, not just select ones.

rjejr

rjejr said:

"You know what that means folks"

It means the NL crew gets very little sleep the next 2 weeks.

As for the 4 playable demoes for "games that arent released yet" - Pikmin 3, Luigi Levels, Wonderful 101 and Windwaker HD. No way Super Smash Bros. U is far enough along for a demo, and Mario and Mario Kart will be shown but probably not playable at Best Buy.

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

Sooooooo excited! Definitely on a Nintendo high right now. Cannot wait until E3, and I can't wait to demo these games!!!

Just got paid today, I went on a tear in the eShop. Picked up Super Metroid, Mega Man, Mega Man X, Ghosts & Goblins, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 2, Kirby's Adventure 3, Kirby Super Star, and Kirby's Adventure.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Is anyone else worried that they won't get a good connection during the ND due to how many people are going to be streaming it at once? Like really, REALLY worried?

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

@drumsandperc92 I think the four Wii U games for the demo stations have to be Super Mario U (or whatever it will be called), Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and New Super Luigi U. Although I have to believe they will talk about and show some video of many more Wii U games in the Nintendo Direct, like hopefully whatever game Retro is making for it and Monolithsoft's new RPG. :D

LonDonE

LonDonE said:

@brooks83
Am i stuck in a damn time warp? dammit doctor who! why does it seem like time for the last 2 weeks is just going by super slow? i mean WTF? when a bill is due the damn time goes by so fast i don't have enough to even do a poop in peace, and now i want it to go by fast, its going by super slow, i feel like i am a kid again, waiting for Christmas so i could open to new Nintendo console or latest game and have a gaming marathon of a few days straight, looking at clock, SIGH, still going by super slow!!!!!!!

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

@Robzy1990 i would agree with your logic, however due to the Wii Us poor sales we all know Nintendo wants to move consoles, a lot of them, fast, and need to do so with a "must have" game.
Also with PS4 and Xbox 1 coming out with 3rd party support that Ninty just isn't getting right now, plus 15 exclusives on X1 and every Sony studio developing for PS4, Nintendo knows they need to do what they do best and make games that people have to buy their console for because they won't get it anywhere else. Case in point, new 3D mario adventure.
Thats why I bought a Wii - only games I own on it are the 1st party major IPs.
And thats why I will buy a Wii U at some point this year, probably around the time Wind Waker HD is released.
also, 3D Luigi adventure = Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
A 3D Luigi adventure on Wii U simply won't cut it for what Nintendo needs right now on the software end.
I bet you the Luigi on the Yoshi is representative of the New Super Luigi U dlc.

Technosphile

Technosphile said:

Really hope Nintendo has something exciting to show, and outside of the usual Mario/Zelda/Metroid fare.

Nomad

Nomad said:

Every year I think to myself, "this is going to be the best E3 yet". But I think that this year it might actually be true. Nintendo have got some seriously big hitters to show off, while both Sony and Microsoft will be unleashing their next gen consoles. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

The-Chosen-one

The-Chosen-one said:

Just give me alot of smashbros.... and i am in love :p
if they show the new Epic zelda i will faint lol.
and i want to see more from the game Xenoblade.

seronja

seronja said:

here i hope to see these games & info about: bayonetta 2, tloz WW HD, shin megami tensei x fire emblem, tloz: lttp 2, project x, secret retro title, new f-zero for wii u & 3DS, star fox wii u, metroid wii u, the new ssb game, 3D mario wii u & mario kart wii u... i sure love Nintendo xD

Yoshi3DS

Yoshi3DS said:

i hope the new mario is a bit more like mario sunshine and sm64. and i hope yoshi's are on it. and i hope the battle on mariokart is more like mk64

MarkDaBeast

MarkDaBeast said:

Am i the only one that cares about Inazuma Eleven 3! They said it would be released in the summer so i'm expecting a release date.Nintendo,please

DualWielding

DualWielding said:

Japan gets direct on Monster Hunter 4 and Ace Attorney 5, and the rest of the world only gets boring Wii U stuff, not fair

ritsuka666

ritsuka666 said:

Please be careful to not post images that involve profanity here at Nintendo Life. Thank you! — TBD

Hype!

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Why this is still in the morning and not at night is crazy. Oh Nintendo, you so silly.

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

I'm in the UK, but I expect the games to realistically be:

Pikmin 3
Luigi U
Wonderful 101
and either Game and Wario, or Rayman.

All these games are completed and unreleased, but will be released soon. Don't expect marvels and miracles when it's taken Nintendo all his time to get this point.

Varia01

Varia01 said:

Oh yeah! :D This is great news! The new games mentioned are really something to get hyped for, and hopefully a surprise Metroid game.

KAHN

KAHN said:

@ritsuka666
nintendo is not doomed. even if the wiiu fails, they wont even leave the hardware business anytime soon. they've got banks full of cash. they've been in the business for a VERY long time.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

well at least now all Nintendo have to worry about is the PS4 because it looks like MS and the xbox one are trying to compete with Apple now

what games i'm hoping to see though are a Final Fantasy game (maybe FFXV or hell even re-releases of FF 1 to 13) Kingdom Hearts, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, a new Metriod, a new Star Fox and the Metal Gear Legacy Collection (they could include The Twin Snakes version of MGS1) and MG Revengence as well i also wouldn't mind some Wii U versions of other games like Tomb Raider the Mass Effect Trilogy the original Bayonetta and Castlevania Lords of Shadow

but we all know that most if not all of that will never happen, but a guy can dream right?

Nintendaholic

Nintendaholic said:

@rjejr oh. i thought when they said unreleased wii u games will be playable, i thought they meant games that no one has ever heard of yet. you are most likely right though. this makes me much less excited, im still going regardless

WinterWarm

WinterWarm said:

@Orla You know when I said you made my day with your article about 'Sonic: The Lost World'? Well, now you took that day, put bunches of E3 gooey goodness on it, then you put THIS day on top, and you made the worlds first 'You've Made WhoBeThat's Day' sandwich. :)

Rod64

Rod64 said:

10AM on a tuesday??
Who is at home at 10AM on a tuesday?????
Damn, I'm going to miss it...

Intrepid

Intrepid said:

After E3 2012, I vowed to myself not to get too excited, only to be severely disappointed instead. This E3 sounds amazing, but I'm still going to air on the side of caution, and go in with no hopes or expectations.

Though a new Advance Wars would be nice...

Frapp

Frapp said:

Wind Waker, 101 and Pikmin 3 is fantastic enough. Anything beyond that is an amazo bonus. Really would like to see a new 2D Metroid on 3DS though. And something brand new.

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

I bookmarked the Nintendo e3 site right away. I'll be watching this direct while I'm work. Hope I'm not called for anything while the Direct is playing. XD XD

CaptainAmerica5

CaptainAmerica5 said:

@Nintex Hey man, I'm in the middle of some military stuff too. I MIGHT be able to get online but probably not during the presentation. I can't wait to see it nonetheless. I'll avoid spoilers until I can watch the Nintendo Direct for myself.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

So it's now 8 days, 7 hours and 6 minutes until nothing will happen at all. I'm excited beyond words.

d_rock

d_rock said:

In the Char3 picture... who is the circular character with the star above his head, and what does this suggest?