Nintendo may not have hosted a live press conference this year, but through Nintendo Direct and a number of subsequent developer videos it still bombarded us with information of games coming this year and beyond. Although most of the big reveals were already known ahead of time, we had some important first looks, and an extensive line-up of first-party Wii U content, particularly, was given a lot of air time on the E3 floor.
As is often the case with these events, keeping up with goings-on or even finding the key information you want can be difficult with so much to see. So consider this your all-in-one convenient guide to the most important, significant stories related to Nintendo’s Direct broadcast and all of the information that came out of the first day.
So without further ado, below are the big stories from the day.
- Super Mario 3D World Coming To Wii U This December
- Super Mario 3D World is "The Grand Culmination" of The Best Ideas From Past 3D Mario Titles
- Nintendo Reveal Why Its 3D Mario Title Isn't Super Mario Galaxy 3
- Mario Kart 8 Drifting Onto Wii U in Spring 2014
- Hideki Konno Delves Into Mario Kart 8
- Mario Kart TV Will Allow You To Share Your Racing Skills On Miiverse
- Masahiro Sakurai Demonstrates Super Smash Bros. in Developer Video
- Super Smash Bros. Footage Revealed, Mega Man Introduced as a New Challenger
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Hopping To Wii U This Year
- David Wise Returns To Compose The Soundtrack To Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Kensuke Tanabe: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is "Kind of a Road Movie"
- Retro Chose Donkey Kong Over Metroid as Its First Wii U Title
- Eiji Aonuma Shares Wind Waker HD Thoughts
- Aonuma Explains Why The 3DS Wasn't Used As The Tingle Tuner In Wind Waker HD
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Sails Onto Wii U in October
- Platinum: Wii U GamePad Allows Us To Take Bayonetta 2 To New Territory
- Bayonetta 2 Reveals Exciting New Hairstyle
So there was a lot to digest. As a final taster of the first-days events, below are the full Nintendo broadcast and our live reactions.