Feature: Our Top 10 3DS Games - Summer 2013

Posted by Nintendo Life Staff

The favourites so far

With E3 2013 now a little over a week away, we expect a lot of talk to focus on the Wii U and its competitors, as the home consoles prepare for a battle at the retailers this Holiday season. And yet, we feel we should take another opportunity at this juncture to show some love for the 3DS, the handheld that overcame a rocky launch period in 2011 to become what is, today, Nintendo's crown jewel.

The system has become Nintendo's banker, and as we discussed in our recent 3DS round table, the exceptional standard of the games library is establishing the handheld as one that may be regarded, in years to come, as one of the finest. Less flashy in terms of raw processing power and whizz-bang operating system apps than Sony's Vita, Nintendo's portable has nevertheless dominated the dedicated gaming handheld market due to one overriding strength — games. Now over two years old, the system has a diverse and high quality software lineup.

And that's what we're celebrating here. There are some huge titles coming from Nintendo this year — Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Pokémon X & Y and The Legend of Zelda 3DS are perhaps the most notable examples — which can all play an important role in ensuring that the system maintains momentum.

Before those latest releases, and in keeping with our celebration of two years with our recent 3DS report card, we've decided to hold a vote to determine our favourite 3DS games to date, to reflect on how much the library has evolved since our 12 month anniversary list. There were no limitations — eShop and retail games were both eligible — apart from the exclusion of any titles not yet released, to avoid votes from individuals reviewing a certain title landing this June. Naturally a few region-specific releases made an appearance, but generally this list reflects the games that are dearest to our team's hearts.

In total 16 staff members contributed votes for their personal top tens, with a total of 45 games earning at least one point. A fair number of third-party niche titles made lists, but naturally the most prominent releases earned the most consistent votes across the board. Without further ado, let's reveal the top ten.

A surprise entry perhaps, with some big fans within the team. This arrived in the relatively early days of the handheld, very much fulfilling the role of a "schedule filler". Yet it took a fantastic on-rails action experience from the Nintendo 64 and delivered spruced up visuals with a buttery smooth frame rate. The longevity in this one is in chasing scores and exploring every route in the campaign, and is the definitive version of the game.

The Professor's first appearance on the 3DS, though his finale has already arrived in Japan, and the use of the extra processing power and capabilities of the system are kept to a minimum. There are some minor tweaks to the formula, but this delivers more of what makes the series such a fan favourite — terrific puzzles, charming characters and quirky storytelling are all present and correct.

Though this 2D Mario title can be divisive, it's still — at its core — a fun experience; it's also stacked up against some of finest games ever made when fans debate its merits for the franchise. There's a lot of running, jumping and wahoo-ing, with enough coins to make a banker blush; throw in Coin Rush and co-op play, and this one earned quite a few top 10 spots to place in the overall standings.

A big favourite in the Nintendo Life community and among some of the staff, but there's absolutely no denying the fact that this can be divisive in its own ways. For every gamer or two that loves the control scheme and humour in this title, there'll be another that dislikes those very same features. A game where concensus just isn't likely to happen, its qualities still serve it well, not to mention its insane numbers of collectibles and achievements to chase.

A recent entry in the list, as this 3DS port of one of the Wii's finest games has had an immediate impact on a number of staffers. Though lacking the 60FPS fluidity of the original, it has gorgeous stereoscopic 3D, excellent controls and eight new stages to enjoy. The original was a masterpiece from Retro Studios, and the multi-layered, exceptional level design is a terrific fit with the 3DS.

What do you get when you produce a remastered version of one of the greatest games of all time? A memorable experience, and this did an admirable job of tiding 3DS early-adopters over in the system's early days. The visuals have been re-worked stylishly, it performs wonderfully, while the touch screen and gyroscope of the handheld have been smartly implemented. Throw in the Master Quest, and this is wonderful version of an epic adventure.

It's the Year of Luigi, and his solo debut on the 3DS has had quite an impact, being both critically acclaimed and a commercial success. Adopting a steady, puzzle-exploration approach, this is an experience greatly focused on framing the gameplay to be as charming and fun as possible. Luigi is beyond lovable, and Next Level Games has produced one of the system's most visually appealing games, while the ghosts — particularly the polterpup — are terrifically designed. There's online multiplayer, too, to put the icing on the cake.

Gliding into the Holiday 2011 season to boost the system, this is an excellent iteration of the series on the handheld. It has the usual single player Cups to indulge in, as well as local and download play, but it's perhaps the online multiplayer where it truly shines. The communities are a neat setup for arranging games with friends — we've utilised them for Nintendo Life racing sessions — while there are always plenty of others online ready for some matches. When you also consider the gliding and underwater sections in some of the excellent tracks, this is definitely an "evergreen" release on the handheld.

Recent revelations that a poor commercial performance could have ended the series are thankfully irrelevant, as this title has sold well around the world as well as being a critical smash. This is turn-based strategy at its very finest, with modes to accommodate those new to the series and those that want to punish themselves with permadeath and tough opponents. A lengthy campaign, a ludicrous amount of depth and even paid-DLC if that's not all enough, this has quickly become a big favourite in the team.

And so Mario wins again, as is his way. This arrived alongside Mario Kart 7 in the Holiday season of 2011, and played a big role in reviving the handheld's fortunes. With levels structured for short bursts of play, flirtations with 3D, 2.5D and 3D throughout, this title is full of creativity, tight controls and clean, attractive visuals. While the steroscopic 3D isn't essential it's used in playful ways, with some levels going out of their way to accentuate the screen with clever camera angles; even when you beat the initial story, there's much more to do. This was the most consistent performer among our staff, topping four lists and appearing in an additional nine top fives. For most of our team, it's an indispensable part of the 3DS library.

So there you have it, almost a first-party lock-out, with the only non-Nintendo IP being Professor Layton, though the series has always been published by the big N on DS and 3DS. Of those 45 nominated games the closest third-party efforts to breaking into the top ten were Resident Evil Revelations, Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy and eShop title VVVVVV. While a lot of diverse titles earned votes, the issue for them was consistency across the board, with the winner topping four of the 16 lists but, most importantly, consistently scoring well in others. It almost makes us want to do a third-party-only list to give some of these excellent titles their own spotlight...

And yet, the third-party lineup on the system is arguably something to be addressed in the coming year, with many of the most widely anticipated releases coming from the House That Mario Built. We suspect the system has plenty of time to remedy that situation.

This is just our current list, but we do feel that these represent some of the best experiences on the handheld. Let us know your thoughts or provide your own lists in the comments, while you can also vote in the poll below.

What's your favourite 3DS game so far? (563 votes)

Super Mario 3D Land

14%

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Star Fox 64 3D

None of the above

10%

Please login to vote in this poll.

BTTFDeacon

BTTFDeacon said:

For me its between Luigi Mansion Dark Moon and Fire Emblem Awakening. Since I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening right now again I guess thats what I'm voting for. (I'm surprised Resident Evil Revelations isn't on the list.)

TeslaChippie

TeslaChippie said:

DKCR3D for me, and of course Kid Icarus has a permanent spot in my library. I don't think I've been as charmed by a video game in years; here's hoping Animal Crossing, Mario and Luigi, Pokemon, and Zelda continue the 3DS's tradition of excellence in the back half of this year!

Now if you'll excuse me... cryogenically freezes myself until 6/9

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion are my two favorites right now, but I enjoy all of the 15 or so 3DS games I own. This year has been great so far, and the future is so bright I need these sunglasses. puts on super cool shades

ibrahimman0

ibrahimman0 said:

Here how this list should be. Top 5:
5.Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
4.The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
3.Kingdom Hearts 3D
2.Fire Emblem Awakening
1.Kid Icarus Uprising

beat

beat said:

haha! looks like a lot of people agreed with me. :D fire emblem awakening!! YEAH! :D i cant even describe how awesome it is! added the fact that jrpg is my favorite genre(turn-based, strategy, etc...)! :D

123akis

123akis said:

my top 5 3ds games are...
1) Zelda ocarina of time 3d
2) metal gear solid: snake eater 3d
3) super mario 3d land
4) kid icarus uprising
5) mario kario kart 7

Ukulele_Wizard

Ukulele_Wizard said:

I'm stuck between Fire Emblem Awakening and Kid Icarus Uprising. They both have fantastic gameplay, high replay value, and beautiful graphics. Still, all the games on the list are fantastic, it's hard to chose just one.

Yoshi3DS

Yoshi3DS said:

my top 5: 5.paper mario sticker star
4. new super mario bros.2
3. luigi's mansion 2
2. mariokart 7
1. kid icarus-uprising

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS 3D LAND IS OVER-RATED! i much prefer the usual 2d mario bros games. i bought 3d land expecting a 3d mario game, instead we got a 3d mario games that plays like a 2d mario game. the 3ds is perfectly capable of having a REAL 3d mario game(super mario galaxy 3d!). my only criticism of nsmb2 is the easy bosses(last one was perfect though)

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

Editted again: My top 10 3DS games

1) Fire Emblem Awakening
2) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
3) Paper Mario: Sticker Star
4) Super Mario 3D Land
5) Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?!!
6) New Super Mario Bros 2
7) Mario Kart 7
8) Kid Icarus: Uprising
9) Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
10) Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Edit: I am aware that I'm leaving out fan favorites like Kid Icarus: Uprising and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. However, the former I thought was pretty decent at best, aside from the story while the latter I found to be...not as good as the first game, as well as 3D Land, Kart 7, NSMB2, and Paper, in my opinion, and coming from a person who loves Luigi and wants to support his year, that's saying a lot.

dumedum

dumedum said:

I don't like top 10 lists very much, and I don't see the point. But for me the most enjoyable game was:
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
followed by Resident Evil Revelations.
The 2 Marios, Luigi's Mansion, Layton, and currently FE too, would follow.
I also need to get around to play Ocarina and MGS...

Mk_II

Mk_II said:

"do a barrel roll" never gets tired for me... StarFox all the way!

belmont

belmont said:

OK, except from Layton nothing from the above. Seriously Revelations and Mirror of Fate are the best experiences on 3DS this far. I also enjoyed Dead or Alive.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

I'd love to see an extended list or 3rd party list. My top 5 so far...
1. VIrtue's Last Reward
2. Kid Icarus Uprising
3. Fire Emblem Awakening
4. Zelda OoT (I've played this through too many times already)
5. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

HandheldGuru97

HandheldGuru97 said:

Haha I own all ten of those games on this list...but my favorite isn't. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy all the way!!!

ibrahimman0

ibrahimman0 said:

@Yoshi3DS actually its way better than most of the 2D marios , its way way way ......... (2years later) better than NSMB2. Its not better than Mario Galaxy but its still an amazing game

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@StevenSeagal And that is why I hate this list almost as much as I hated the NWR one. I take that back, this list is worse than NWR's. There isn't a single 3rd party game on here. Now that's just deplorable. Even NWR's had one or two Third Party games, though I think they were all download games for some silly reason.

I don't have a top 10 list, but I already have a top 7, which is good for a console this young:

1. Etrian Odyssey IV
2. Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
3. Code of Princess
4. Rhythm Thief
5. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
6. Fire Emblem: Awakening
7. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

The last 3 spots are reserved for Rune Factory 4, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Bravely Default.

Coop

Coop said:

1. Virtue's Last Reward
2. Etrian Odyssey IV
3. Fire Emblem Awakening
4. Soul Hackers
5. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

I found Super Mario 3D Land to be quite dull, actually. It's nothing compared to past 3D Mario games.

ibrahimman0

ibrahimman0 said:

@AJWolfTill Dude lol I kinda agree with u on that list, but Kid Icarus uprising and FE Awakening are slightly better than Zero Escape, not in terms of Story because Zero Escape got the best story of all time(Video Games)

ibrahimman0

ibrahimman0 said:

@belmont WHAT!!! Revelations and Mirror of Fate are very cool , Rev deserves a spot on the list but Mirror of fate doesnt ( its still a very good game though)

Zeldalover

Zeldalover said:

I would call for Ocarina of Time 3D (#1), Mario Kart 7 (#2) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (close 3rd). Super Mario 3D Land lasted for no longer than 30 hours and didn't have that much appeal.

Link's Awakening DX (GBC) on the 3DS Virtual Console has to be the best 6 bucks spent in an entire lifetime.

Klimbatize

Klimbatize said:

Fire Emblem: Awakening is my favorite. I just passed 200 hours on it, and I still have more I want to accomplish. My play time has slowed down, but it's a game I know I'll be picking up from time to time for the next few years.

FritzFrapp

FritzFrapp said:

Although those are all worthy games, a Top 10 for me has to have Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in it. It's godly,

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Super Mario 3D Land is a fun game, but still horribly overrated IMHO.

I believe the title should go to either Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion or DKCR3D.

seronja

seronja said:

i have to say legend of zelda: oot 3D... it was my very first zelda that i played & finnished EVER, and because of this game i got the 2 DS, 2 Wii & all 3DS virtual console zelda games... that's why it's worth, to say that it is my favourite 3DS game so far =)

Zeldalover

Zeldalover said:

seronja, OoT 3D is the greatest Zelda experience of all time. Nothing will ever come close to it's level of brilliance.

BenAV

BenAV said:

Kid Icarus: Uprising is the clear winner by a mile for me.
Probably followed by Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, or maybe Virtue's Last Reward.
Fire Emblem: Awakening's up there too but unfortunately I didn't love it as much as some previous games in the series.
Ocarina of Time's pretty great too of course but I don't really count that.

Kirk

Kirk said:

There's a couple of those I don't think really deserve to be there but a pretty good list nonetheless.

biglittlejake

biglittlejake said:

OOT is number 5? It should be number one. Regarded as one of the best games and remade on the handheld, that seems like it should be 1. :)

TeslaChippie

TeslaChippie said:

@StephenYap3 I wish the ground sections could match the mania and spectacle of the flying sections, but it's still my favorite Nintendo title since Zelda: Wind Waker =P

rayword45

rayword45 said:

Mine thus far.

1/2 (tied). Fire Emblem: Awakening/Kid Icarus Uprising (both are sucking up or going to suck up over 100 hours)
3. Tales of the Abyss (Avoiding ports is something I try to do, but this one is a rare game anyways)
4. Resident Evil: Revelations
5. Super Mario 3D Land (not sure, might be something else like Professor Layton)

KAHN

KAHN said:

completely disagree with this list. i've played the living crap out of all of these games, and none of them are as good as you make them out to be. have to say this, i hate SM3DL. a lot.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

New Super Mario2? Really?
And Mario 3D Land is good but not that good (obviously imo).

I miss Castlevania LoS - Mirror of Fate and Resident Evil: Revelations in the list. Oh, well "nunca llueve a gusto de todos" ) :D.

Klunk23

Klunk23 said:

Fire Emblem Awakening is definitely my favorite. But Kid Icarus definitely deserves a spot. It's my second favorite for sure... though Animal Crossing could take it over.

Mickamott

Mickamott said:

My Top 10
1. Fire Emblem Awakening
2. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
3. Super Mario 3D Land
4. Kid Icarus Uprising
5. Ocarina of Time 3D
6. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
7. Paper Mario Sticker Star
8. Star Fox 64 3D
9. Mario Kart 7
10. New Super Mario Bros. 2

Note that I am almost certain Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Link to the Past II will make it on the list.

I-U

I-U said:

Super Mario 3D Land is the first 3DS title that made me really think the 3DS had a chance to compete against the Nintendo DS's library, which is brilliant. It's not my favorite though, that would be Mutant Mudds, the only 3DS exclusive to really stick with me game-wise. 60 levels of pure charm, pick up and play action and engaging difficulty, Mudds is the only 3DS game I've put more than 50 hours into. I'm not entirely sure where my list would go after that, because I've not been returning to these games much. New Super Mario Brothers 2 and Mario Kart 7 are, right now, the most likely for my #2 and #3 spots respectively.

pariah164

pariah164 said:

My top 3 are
1. Fire Emblem: Awakening
2. Theatrhythm
3. Super Mario 3D Land

Once Animal Crossing comes out, I'm sure that will edge itself into there.

KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK said:

Super Mario 3D Land is SO overrated. Actually, it's my least favorite Mario platformer so far, and I've played all of them to date.

ivanmata

ivanmata said:

I would add Metal Gear 3d and Resident Evil Rev. to my list; and wouldn't place Mario 3d that high.

DualWielding

DualWielding said:

my list:

1. Zero Escape VLR
2. Fire Emblem Awakening
3. Kingdom Hearts 3D
4. Super Mario 3D Land
5. Art of Balance Touch

beat

beat said:

@Prof_Elvin_Gadd looking forward???? OF COURSE! haha! XD if i can, i'll learn japanese this very moment and then fly to japan just to play that game. :D... too bad i cant. =_= :D

DualWielding

DualWielding said:

the best thing is the upcoming list looks even better than the already released my top 5 upcoming are

1. Ace Attorney Dual Destinies
2. Bravely Default Flying Fairy
3. Pokemon X & Y
4. Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate
5. Sonic Lost World

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Super Mario 3D Land's biggest sin? Being developed after Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 by the same team. If you wanted three brilliant games in a row by them, you are asking for WAY too much. Still a pretty nice game and an experiment after all. The way it presented 3D levels with 2D levels' rules was interesting. But it is of course missing the grandeur of the Galaxy games, those could bend all the rules.

Now, my Fire Emblem is on the way so I cannot give my opinion, so my favorite would rest between Luigi's Mansion 2 and Kid Icarus. I also enjoyed Pushmo, DOA Dimensions and Theatrhythm, among others.

And this is my opinion, but no matter how brilliant the remakes are, they should not be here as they are not original games for 3DS. I would rather see Pushmo (shameful omission here, btw) and Revelations than Ocarina (a game that would top any console's list if it got a remake in said console anyway) or Starfox.

The good thing? When you put ten games here and tons of people ask why their favorites are not in the list, it goes to show the handheld has a lot of great games to choose from.

Scarlet5683

Scarlet5683 said:

Not sure I can pick a favorite but I'm thinking Animal Crossing New Leaf just may top the list for me.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Kinda surprised that Super Mario 3D Land is number one. I will admit I enjoyed that game but one playthrough and that was it for me.

Also kinda surprised that Harvest Moon: ANB, Resident Evil Revelations or Castlevania: MoF didnt make it.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Word.

DanielHPoetry

DanielHPoetry said:

RE: Revelations is my #1 favorite title on the system. I HATE Starfox64. It was too underwhelming and lack luster. I think Super Mario 3d Land is also overhyped. My top 10, in no particular order (with the exception of RE: Revelations) is:

1. Resident Evil: Revelations
2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
3. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
4. Metal Gear Solid 3D
5. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
6. Dead or Alive Dimensions
7. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
8. Heroes of Ruin
9. Mario Kart 7
10. WWE All Stars

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

@beat You can do anything your heart desires friend! I'd save the money and wait though. ;) However, learning Japanese is a great idea. Oh what the heck, I'll go with ya to Japan, and then we can tour Studio Ghibli headquarters as well as get some games early.

Nintendude789

Nintendude789 said:

I only have 7 retail games, but I have a ton of 3DS Downloads, VC, and DSiWare. I'll rate the games I have:

7.Star Fox 64 3D

4. SM3DL
3. MH3U
2. KI: U
1. FE: Awekening

CaPPa

CaPPa said:

It's hard to pick a top 10 as there are so many great 3DS games to choose from, but I think my current picks would be;

1. Fire Emblem: Awakening
2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
3. Resident Evil Revelaitons
4. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
5. Super Mario 3D Land
6. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
7. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
8. Mario Kart 7
9. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
10. DOA Dimensions

There's certainly a lot of other games to choose from like DKCR, Kingdom Hearts DDD, Starfox, Paper Mario, Etrian Odyssey, MGS, Theatrhythm, Devil Survivor, Soul Hackers, NSMB2 etc and including eShop games would have made it near impossible. With a load more great games coming over the rest of the year it's a great situation for 3DS owners to be in.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Resident Evil: Revelations, all the way. I've finally passed the 100 hours logged mark, and I still find myself wanting to play it.

mizzy_helen

mizzy_helen said:

Fire Emblem: Awakening all the way.
I had no expectations, it just picked it up because it looked great. But it blew my mind away, beyond my expectations.

psychoshamoo

psychoshamoo said:

I bought a 3ds to play the sequel to one of my favorite Gamecube games. So Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon it is.

bahooney

bahooney said:

It's so funny how nostalgic I feel for Super Mario 3D Land, considering how relatively fresh it still is! So many fond memories of that gem. It's such a good game, just absolutely gushing with charm.

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

Fire emblem.
Its the only game I got so far that makes it worth that I had purchased the 3DS .
(before FE:A, I only used it for DS games mostly :P)

hamsterfactor

hamsterfactor said:

I'm torn between Super Mario 3D Land and Ocarina of Time. Plus, I just started Luigi's Mansion 2 and I'm loving it!

BJWanlund

BJWanlund said:

Here are my top 3 3DS games. Not top 10, top 3. These are only the games I've played, so don't hurt me if your fave isn't on my list:
3) Streetpass Mii Plaza (yes, I consider this a game.)
2) Super Street Fighter IV 3D (A 3DS launch game that was actually good)
1) FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING. Easily, EASILY my most-played 3DS game ever. I should be wrapping up playthrough #3 (!!) this week, and I couldn't be more excited to kick some evil to the curb.

MrZanctom

MrZanctom said:

I would have to say that my top ten is
1)Fire Emblem Awakening
2)Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
3)Mario Kart 7
4)Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
5) Kid Icarus Uprising
6)Super Mario 3D Land
7)Heroes of Ruin
8)Star Fox 64 3D
9)Paper Mario Sticker Star
10)Super Street Fighter IV 3D

Blaze

Blaze said:

None of my favourites are really on that list. D: Not sure about a top ten, but my top three would definitely be Tales of the Abyss, Virtue's Last Reward & Devil Survivor Overclocked.

Gamer83

7. Mario Kart 7
8. Star Fox 64 3D
9. Dead or Alive Dimensions
10. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D

Peach64

Peach64 said:

My favourite by far is Fire Emblem: Awakening, with Super Mario 3D Land next, and then Luigi's Mansion.

Romeo

Romeo said:

really?
super mario 3d land is cool and all, but #1?
and OoT #5? lol what

and btw.. so many cool 3DS games coming this year... :)

ejamer

ejamer said:

My favorite games so far have been Etrian Odyssey IV (ok, just started playing the actual game... so maybe it's early to list it, but loved the demo) and Resident Evil Revelations. Lots of love goes out to both Zen Pinball 3D and Marvel Pinball 3D as well.

Kryce

Kryce said:

I think that NSMB2 is a little underated, this game is just awsome ... but I still choose Zelda : OOt3D as my favourite !

XFsWorld

XFsWorld said:

1. Kid Icarus: Uprising
2.Resident Evil: Revelations
3. Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
4. Mario Kart 7
5. New Super Mario Bros. 2

Jeremyx7

Jeremyx7 said:

Fire Emblem Awakening is my absolute favorite 3DS game thus far by far. Followed by Mario Kart 7 & Etrian Odyssey IV. Than Kid Icarus Uprising.

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

1. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (167 hours in and counting)
2. Fire Emblem
3. Mario Kart 7
4. New Super Mario Bros 2
5. all the Rest, don't have much time besides MH and FE

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

I reckon we'll do a 3rd party list, that should be intriguing. I reckon about 30 3rd party games had votes, but as I said in the article, they struggled to win consistent votes across the board. So we all have favourites, but naturally some games are owned and enjoyed across the board, while we have to pick and choose between others. I for one have a number of games I want to try that are well loved, but don't have the time or money to try them all. It's the same for all of us.

So yeah, maybe we'll do a 3rd party list; that wpuld be up in the air for sure!

Oh, and with MH3U, I think most in the team that have it got it for Wii U :)

Expa0

Expa0 said:

The only one in the list that deserves a mention is Fire Emblem.

E: Thankfully things should change with (most likely) amazing releases like Soul Hackers, SMT4, Etrian Odyssey 4, Pokemon X & Y and Bravely Default coming up later this year.

Yasume

Yasume said:

1. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
4. Super Mario 3D Land
5. Mario Kart 7
6. Super Monkey Ball 3D

1. Mighty Switch Force!
2. VVVVVV
3. Mutant Mudds
4. The Starship Damrey
5. Gunman Clive
6. Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo
7. Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!
8. 3D Classics: Excitebike
9. 3D Classics: Kid Icarus

ParSnake

ParSnake said:

Here's my top five:
5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
4. Super Mario 3D Land
3. VVVVVV
2. Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
1. Kid Icarus: Uprising

I haven't played Luigi's Mansion or Fire Emblem yet, looking forward to those!
By the way, is this list including download games? I am sure there are some that are good enough to be on this list. (VVVVVV)

As for games I am looking forward to, Bravely Default, Pokemon, and M&L: Dream Team are the ones I'm excited for.

RaymanFan2

RaymanFan2 said:

I think it's telling that I've played everything on this list and they're the ONLY 3DS games I've enjoyed. I really shouldn't have bought this thing so soon. Then again, perhaps Sonic Lost World can fix that.

cmk8

cmk8 said:

Wario Kart for me, though the top 3 games I've played the most on my 3DS are DS games (Pokemon White 2 and Black, FFTA.)

hydeks

hydeks said:

I would have thrown in Sonic Generations in there somewhere, but great list! I own most those games, Super Mario 3D Land still being my favourite, Star Fox 64 3D is an absolute addiction for me as well.

psuboy172

psuboy172 said:

Top 5 (I havn't played a ton, but a healthy amount)
5) Kid Icarus
4) 3d Land
3) Mario Kart 7
2) Professor Layton
1) Ocarina of Time 3d

Top 5 Most Anticipated by me
5) Mario Golf World Tour
4) Pokémon X/Y
3) Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies
2) Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies
1) Project X Zone (already preordered it! Cant wait!)

And my favorite eshop game has to be Liberation Maiden.

Mr_Vengeance

Mr_Vengeance said:

I don't own Ocarina 3D, as I have it on the N64, and its my favourite game ever, so I'm not going to include it on my list. Neither am I including the wonderful Donkey Kong 3D, as again I don't own it but really love it on Wii. I haven't bought Fire Emblem yet but plan on doing so very soon! With that in mind, here is my top 10 favourite 3DS games:

1. Mario Tennis Open - a hugely enjoyable game with my favourite gameplay on the console - a highly underrated title!
2. New Super Mario Bros. 2
3. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
4. Kid Icarus: Uprising
5. Super Mario 3D Land
6. Mario Kart 7
7. Luigi's Mansion 2
8. Resident Evil Revelations
9. Star Fox 64 3D
10. Pilot Wings Resort

moroboshi

moroboshi said:

Mario 3D and Fire Emblem for me.

I'm looking forward to Project X Zone and Bravely Default. I love these obscure Japanese RPGs and SRPGs. It's too bad the good ones are pretty much exclusive to handhelds now, with the exception of the Disgaea series of course. I guess there just isn't the money in such games to pay for full console dev on one.

Doma

Doma said:

FE should be my top, but it's been disappointing for me. The Story gets progressively worse from about the mid point, just found it boring after. Other than that, i was irked by the many ways in which the difficulty was nerfed, and hated having/needing the ability to grind on separate maps (free-roam should never been allowed imo). Great way to lose focus.

There were some obvious improvements from the previous entries – the custom avatar, battle animation, supports/indicators etc. But i'd never purposely grind just to obtain these conversations though. Too tedious. In the end playing this game just gave me the desire to play FE GBA again.

My best 3DS game remains the same as last year's: RE:R.
I have high hopes for SMTIV.

KryptoKrunch

KryptoKrunch said:

I voted Kid Icarus Uprising. My top 10 would something like:

1. KI:U
2. Fire Emblem
3. Luigi's Mansion
4. Ocarina of Time 3D
5. 3D Land
6. Mario Kart 7
7. Re Revelations
8. Star Fox
9. Paper Mario SS
10. Dead or Alive

Honorable mentions: NSMB2, Re Mercs 3D, Prof. Layton

Good library for a system that's barely two years old.

idork99

idork99 said:

Mario Kart 7!

@Rumbler, @Nintendude789: We are the only ones that have MK7 at number one!

Personally, my 3DS experience could be summed up like this:
3DS! Got it for Ocarina, kept it for MK7!

All of the other great games are just icing on the cake :)

CowLaunch

CowLaunch said:

Loving Luigi's Mansion, but it's still Kid Icarus for me. One of the finest games of all time.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Even with all of its technical flaws, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is my favorite title for the system.

After that, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Super Mario 3D Land and Fire Emblem: Awakening round out my top five.

KiwiPanda

KiwiPanda said:

Miracle Mask is what I was really delved into the most. Second would be MK7, followed by Kid Icarus in third. Wasn't expecting 3D Land at all.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Here's my top five list so far.
1. Kid Icarus Uprising
2. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
3. Super Mario 3D Land
4. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
5. Mario Kart 7
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team has a good shot at getting in there.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

lol. I've only played 2 games on the list. Super Mario 3D Land and StarFox 64 3D. I need to finally play my copies of Kid Icarus and Mario Kart 7, this is getting absotootly' ridiculous! :p

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

@CanisWolfred So you say that you dislike this top ten because, as another user said, there are too many ports (and not enough third party games). However technically speaking Devil Summoners: Soul Hackers is a port (yes, of a Japanese exclusive Saturn game, but a port nonetheless) and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is an upgraded port. DK Country 3D includes a "new" mode with more items and more courses, so that is upgraded as well (although technically a port). And yes, Starfox and Zelda don't have much extra going for them other than upgraded graphics (Starfox had an upgraded multiplayer mode and crappy gyroscope controls, and Zelda had Master Quest included which was nice, a neat boss battle mode, and the Water Temple was colour coded so people don't rage throughout it). Still, 2 of 7 (or instead of 7, 10, but only if you count the games that you listed which weren't release yet) of your listed games were ports. That's one less than Nintendo Life. I'm not sure that it's fair to complain about Nintendo Life's list on those grounds.

Hipofrenia

Hipofrenia said:

I'm glad Nintendolife recognized Professor Layton as one of the Top 10 games por the 3DS so far, even if it is obsly underrated by most of the gamers.

mjhopkins81

mjhopkins81 said:

I wish I could have liked playing Ocarina of Time, again, but frankly, it just reminded me of why I liked the top-down design of Link to the Past, and the original NES game. In fact, I could probably say that I even liked The Adventures of Link more so than OoT, and have yet to enjoy a game with the same level of wonder and joy that I do even now, when I replay those original games.

New_Age_Retro_Hippie

New_Age_Retro_Hippie said:

Didn't like a lot of the choices, especially how prevalent ports are. Disappointed too that 3D Land, a fairly by-the-numbers-but-still-good 3D platform game is #1. over games that really tried hard to be special.

I'd say it should go as such...

10. Resident Evil: Revelations
9. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
8. Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy
7. Pushmo
6. Crashmo
5. Kid Icarus: Uprising
4. Fire Emblem: Awakening
3. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Titans
2. Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (exception for me on the port issue, because it was never released in the US, and the console it was on sold terribly in Japan)
1. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

RR529

RR529 said:

Not a single 3rd party game? (odd...)

As for me:
10. Cave Story
9. The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave
8. Crimson Shroud
7. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
6. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
5. Dead or Alive: Dimensions
4. Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
2. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
1. Tales of the Abyss

While fun, I didn't think their was anything special about Kid Icarus: Uprising, Super Mario 3D Land, or Mario Kart 7...

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

@mjhopkins81

I could never get into OOT back when it was released either, for the brief playtime that i had with it I was completely put off. Like you said, it just didn't seem to capture the magic & wonder of LOZ, II: Adventure of Link and ALTTP. I haven't played too much '3D' zelda, but wind waker i found was such a mind numbingly boring experience. It's going to take wii remote plus controls to truly get me into 3D Zelda, ala' Skyward Sword. Also, Link's Awakening was funkin' phenomenal! ;)

Emaan

Emaan said:

Kid Icarus: Uprising and Fire Emblem: Awakening are my two favorites~

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Also, take out StarFox 64 3D and throw in PilotWings Resort. That game defined the 3DS launch amidst that overrated SSFIV hootenany, and mediocre to barely decent >>> Steel Diver, Monkey Ball and Nintendog's + Cats.

moomoo

moomoo said:

Aaaaand three of the 10 games are ports. And they're all Nintendo games. It's unfortunate that not enough of the people who voted to make up this list played enough 3rd party titles to get any of them on the list.

Anyways, others are doing it, so I might as well list mine as well:
10) Pushmo
9) Super Mario 3D Land
8) Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
7) Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
6) Theatrythm: Final Fantasy
5) Resident Evil: Revelations
4) Kid Icarus: Uprising
3) Dead or Alive: Dimensions
2) Fire Emblem: Awakening (how this didn't get #1 on the Nintendolife list I'll never know. Don't get me wrong, Mario's fun, but there wasn't really anything exceptional in 3D Land in my opinion. Meanwhile, Awakening has blown pretty much everyone away)
1) Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (glad to see it's also #1 on so many of the users' lists as well. Truly a brilliant game.)

Now, for what it's worth, if Ocarina of Time and MGS3: Snake Eater were original games for the system, they'd both totally be in the upper echelons of the list.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Fire Emblem Awakening is clearly the dominant force on 3DS, however, it was difficult for me to choose because Donkey Kong Country Returns is SUCH a good game, as is Luigi's Mansion. All three games were released in about a three month time-span, and are certainly the best trio on the system to date (imo). I think Donkey Kong Country Returns has the highest "fun factor" while playing, although Fire Emblem is certainly the most addictive, and even had me daydreaming at work about what was going to happen next in the game when I got home. It's not often a game can manage to grasp me that strongly.

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

@Scollurio is the MH3U game you're talking about for the 3DS, or is it the Wii U version. Cuz I'm wondering if village quests can really get you 200+ hours of MH

InsertTokenz

InsertTokenz said:

A good list overall. Can't really disagree over the selection. That being said, my top 10 thus far would be:

1) Kid Icarus: Uprising (I highly doubt there will be a game to topple this from being my favorite original 3DS game of all time)
2) Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
3&4) Super Mario 3D Land/Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Both games are interchangeable for these spots on the list, as I find them equally great)
5) Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
6) Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Titans
7) Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater
8) New Super Mario Bros. 2
9) Star Fox 64 3D
10) Super Street Fighter 3D Edition

I'll be interested to see how much my list changes by the end of this year. (Waits patiently for Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Project X Zone)

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

5. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
4. Mario Kart 7
3. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
2. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
1. Kid Icarus Uprising
Mario 3D Land is what helped to start selling consoles but it isn't #1 material maybe #9 or #10.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Captain_Balko Soul Hackers never came out in the west until the 3DS version, so nice try, but your statement is invalid. Also, there's so much new content in MH3U that it's practically a new game. Even DKCR3D's new mode pales in comparison.

Again, Nice try, Captain.

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

I would take out a few games on that list and replace them with Dead or Alive Dimensions, Code of Princess, Resident Evil Relevations and Zero Eacape.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

I still have yet to play any of this year's biggest 3DS releases as I'm currently catching-up with older games. Mario Kart 7 is my favourite 3DS game at the moment. :)

Taya

Taya said:

My top three are Harvest Moon A New Beginning, Virtue's Last Reward, and Final Fantasy Theatrhythm

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

While not entirely unexpected, it still feels wrong to see 3 remakes/enhanced ports, along with the rather uninspired New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Mario Kart 7, make this kind of list. Especially when the 3DS has quality, original 3rd party titles like Virtue's Last Reward, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Etrian Odyssey IV, Soul Hackers (it is an enhanced port, but seeing as it was never released outside of Japan before April 2013, I'm counting it), Rhythm Thief, Resident Evil: Revelations, Harvest Moon: ANB, Kingdom Hearts: DDD and Code of Princess that can stand beside some of the best Nintendo has to offer.

MrPanic

MrPanic said:

I have exactly 10 3ds games now so I'll put them in a personal top 10:

10) New Super Mario Bros. 2
9) Mario Tennis Open
8) Star Fox 64 3D
7) Super Mario 3D Land
6) Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
5) Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
4) Mario Kart 7
3) Ocarina of Time 3D
2) Luigi's Mansion 2
1) Kid Icarus Uprising

NSMB2 and Tennis are probably quickly replaced by new titles as soon as they launch but the rest I view as top notch titles so I can't be happier with my 3DS.
Really tried to like Fire Emblem, even though I can see why it's a good game and see its appeal, I just can't have any fun with the game at all. Too bad I have to miss out on a seemingly great series because of my dislike of the genre, oh well.

Here's my current hype list:
1) Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
2) Animal Crossing New Leaf
3) Mario Golf World Tour
4) Pokemon X/Y

FOURSIDE_BOY

FOURSIDE_BOY said:

Professor layton should be replaced by mirror of fate, and I dunno why mario tennis gets a lot of love as I had it and I thought it was mediocre at best, the game being far too easy really killed it for me. In a few days animal crossing will be on the top 10 and eventually pokemon, mario and luigi and DEFINITELY a link to the past 2 will be replacing games on this list.

SuperMinusWorld

SuperMinusWorld said:

3D Land bests all! Which reminds me, can't wait for that 3D Mario for Wii U! Let's see what E3 has in store for us.

Ren

Ren said:

yeah weird list here. It's like Nintendo Power is living on here. They're all great games, but it's seems like such a classic Nintendo fanboy list, no third parties and E-shop games?
Sakura Samurai, Pushmo, Mutant Mudds, Cave Story, not to mention RE:Revelations, and Lords of Shadow. I don't know if I'd call it a fault or just greatness that Nintendo games still overshadow every 3rd party thing, it's really a shame. As a dedicated nintendo site that's not bankrolled by Nintendo I would hope the writers here could see past some of the arbitrary glitz of the continuous march of Mario games. Am I really the only one totally bored with Mario games now?
Even Kid Icarus was the worst derivative, adolescent nonsense to me but I guess I'm alone there too; I tried but it was too cheesy to handle as an adult. However you slice it the 3DS overall is the best thing that's happened to games in a few years.

Funbunz

Funbunz said:

If I based my list on time spent playing, it's Fire Emblem FTW!
I've also wasted huge amounts of time collecting hats and puzzle pieces, and on a $5 sudoku download. I felt Mario 3d was too short to justify a #1. When I started clearing levels as fast as I could to be a good rival for spotpass people, I realized that some levels have almost nothing to them,

FOURSIDE_BOY

FOURSIDE_BOY said:

@Ren I agree with you on that last part with the 3ds being the best thing in video gaming, not even the wii u has that staying power the 3ds simply has, it's such an important handheld right now to the industry overall; and yes, lords of shadow absence from the list really pissed me off.

astros75

astros75 said:

Great list, I've enjoyed all 10 of the games very much. As is usually the case with opinion based lists, not everyone agrees, but it's nice to see the various amount of different lists posted. Only game I'd have on the list differently would be revelations instead of Fox. Keep up the good work Thomas

orravan85

orravan85 said:

@Linky_97
Never had the chance or the time to play another Metal Gear sized adventure. The 3DS allowed me to enjoy it on MY time, whether that was 5 minutes here and there at work or while traveling.

Otto-Soq

Otto-Soq said:

@CanisWolfred That's an impressive list, sir! I can't wait to play EO 4, when hits the stores in August 2013. I have a good time playing Overclocked, and Fire Emblem in 2 weeks.

Yoshi3DS

Yoshi3DS said:

suprised that mhu3 didn't make the list, even though i don't own it and i didn't enjoy the demo, i expected castlevania to get a place, and has harmoknight even had a mention! i might buy sonic generations cos some people have mentioned that(and it's cheap) but i don't think starfox should be on list, because even though the original was my favourite and most played game as a kid, i just didn't enjoy it as much. i'm glad to see that there are too many good 3ds games

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

@CanisWolfred - Why are you fighting against the opinions of 16 people? It is possible for someone to enjoy an upgraded port of an old game more than new ones. As for third party games - they're played far less across the board so of course theyre hardly going to appear in a list like this. Judging by the replies most people agree with a large majority of this list anyway. It's all subjective.

keynote

keynote said:

My summer will be full with Animal Crossing.
Even though the games mentioned are great I know for certain that Animal Crossing will be a blessed gift on those sunny/cloudy/rainy/snowy/dry/wet/does it matter?/normal days.

Nautical-Rudie

Nautical-Rudie said:

4 out of my personal top 5 didn't make the list - Resident Evil Revelations, Bit Trip Saga, Pullblox and Dillon's Rolling Western. Guess that shows the strength of the library!

Master-Splinter

Master-Splinter said:

My List

10. - Heroes of Ruin
9. - Castlevania LOS MOF
8. Shinobi
7. NSMB 2
6. Mario Kart 7
5. Star Fox
4. Paper mario Sticker Star
3. Ocarina of Time
2. Gunman Clive
1. Kid icarus

Notable Mentions: Dillon's Rolling Western

any decent games that ive ommitted are likeley due tot he fact I havent played them!

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

@CanisWolfred First of all, I said in my post that I knew Soul Hackers was a Japanese exclusive, but you obviously missed that part, otherwise you wouldn't be telling me. (No, don't recall the statement "Soul Hackers is a port (yes, of a Japanese exclusive Saturn game, but a port nonetheless)" that was included in my previous point?) Also, it really doesn't matter how much content Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate added - it's still a port. The amount of content isn't even taken into account. According to Wikipedia (I know, not the best source, but I don't have time to find another "Porting is also the term used when a video game designed to run on one platform, be it an arcade, video game console, or personal computer, is converted to run on a different platform." Where in that definition does it mention what regions the game was released in. Ergo, basic logic dictates that if Soul Hackers was released on the Sega Saturn (it doesn't matter where) and was then re-released on the Nintendo 3DS, it is a PORT. Period. As for content, if ANY new content is added, I believe for all intensive purposes the game is referred to as "remastered". The amount of content does not matter. So, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is still a "remastered" version (or perhaps upgraded, if you are so inclined to prefer that term) of Monster Hunter 3, since it IS the same game, just with much more content (hence the ULTIMATE). Using that logic, actually, Ocarina of Time 3D is 'remastered' because it had upgraded graphics and a boss battle mode. Starfox 64 3D is 'remastered' because it had upgraded graphics and an upgraded multiplayer mode. And DK Country 3D was 'remastered' because it featured 3D graphics, and a new mode with new items and levels. Essentially, your points are invalid because 1. None of the games mentioned are ports in the first place, and 2. Even if they WERE considered ports, your arguments that your games are apparently not ports make zero logical sense.

So I suppose the person that should be saying nice try is ME? Wow. Okay.
Nice try, Mr. Wolfred. I'm not sure if you'll reply again, but I doubt you will. However, if you choose to, I'll be waiting to throw yet another wrench into your unsatisfactory arguments. (remember what happened on the "top 10 SNES games" page? Good times)

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

@ibrahimman0
While I agree the complete package of Kid Icarus and maybe Fire Emblem make them better as games, Virtue's Last Reward was a more unique experience and illicited a greater emotional response from me. Since it is still a 3ds game I put it higher.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@Captain_Balko Who's arguing? I'm just saying: This list sucks. Deal with it. Seriously, you cannot seem to accept that there are people who have an opinion that differs from the majority. I'm fed up with it, and I won't be talking to you again. So I'd appreciate it if you'd stop writing mile-long posts telling me my opinion is somehow wrong. Understand, Capn Baka?

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@Mickeymac: Given that you called him an idiot in your last comment here before I edited it out, you could stand to be a bit more graceful in your disagreement. Please tread carefully.

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

@CanisWolfred Understood. However, I recognize that opinions are not wrong or right, and that everybody has got a different opinion. My problem certainly isn't with your opinion, but rather with your 'evidence'. "I'm cool because I have a different opinion than you MAINSTREAM LOSERS" isn't an argument. You said that three of their games were ports. I proved that this was untrue and that even if it was, two of your games would be considered ports as well. Notice I didn't attack you about your anger that no 3rd party games were on the list - yeah, I think that Nintendo's games are superior, but that is undoubtedly my opinion, and you have a different one. I fully respect that. However, when you start uttering falsities, that's where I draw the line.

And I do apologize for my walls of text. My biggest weakness is an inability to be brief. However, my weakness is apparently acting up again, because I'm not finished. In your comment, you didn't even bother to defend your points. No logic was used. Literally your only argument is "I have opinions, so hah!". My theory is that you recognized that what you said was incorrect (about the ports) and instead of admitting that you were wrong, you changed the topic to something completely unrelated. I'd still like to continue our discussion on ports - what is a port, what is a remastering, et cetera. The fact is, I don't believe you have any real arguments left after your "well Japan only, so yeah" and "SO MUCH CONTENT AND STUFF" arguments were dismantled.

Also, I apologize for using the word "arguing". It has a negative connotation (not to me, but to others). I suppose what I'd like is to debate. However, it appears that you've resorted to informal fallacies instead of solid, logical arguments.

In summary? Your opinions are not wrong. Nobody can have a "wrong" opinion. However, the way that you present your opinion is off, and your evidence is off.

"This list sucks" - an opinion, and understandable. I can "deal" with it.
"This list sucks because it has too many ports! Now here is my list! It ALSO has ports, but because I don't define them as ports, it's all good!" - An opinion backed up by false evidence, becomes a false argument. I am most certainly NOT okay with that.

The only reason I can think of that you'd want to "stop responding to me" is that you have trouble debating against me. In my opinion, you're one of the more interesting people to debate with here because our opinions are so different from mine. I can tell you haven't exactly had a fun time talking with me on here, but I can tell you that I've had a relatively good experience talking with you. If this stops now, neither of us will have a chance to affect each other's opinion in the future. Who knows what could come out of our continued debates (on other topics, of course)? Maybe you'd convince me to play a neat JRPG that I was skeptical of, or I could change your mind about a "mainstream" game that you never gave a chance. The possibilities are endless.

In order to keep this going, I formally apologize for offending you at all (if I did), and respectfully ask that you not flat out ignore me if I decide to spark a debate about a comment of yours, and I'd be honoured if you did the same for me. Debating happens to be an interest of mine (if you haven't guessed) and I'd be happy if our debates would continue in the future (considering this one has already been won). What do you say?

Yours in Gaming,
Captain B. "Balko Punch" Balko

P.S. Is Captain Baka a reference? Because I am wholly unsure.

Relias

Relias said:

My top 3 for the 3DS would be

3. Lego Batman 2... (Don't ask me why.. but I love this game..) tied with Marvel Superhero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet 3D

2. Fire Emblem Awakening.

1. Legend of Zelda OOT3D.. and what do you mean one of the greatest games of all time?? How about the greatest... I remember having all the most popular machines from the 32-64 bit era.. and as much as I loved my Playstation... my N64 got a lot more play time.. do to OOt, Gauntlet Legends, and Perfect Dark..

ibrahimman0

ibrahimman0 said:

@AJWolfTill I love Virtue's Last reward , its the best story i've ever experienced in a video game, the story is defintely better than Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem Awakening but I kinda like them a little more , because of thee replayability and gameplay in VLR isnt the best of its kind.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Here's my Top 10, although I still have to eventually get "Super Mario 3D Land," "Pac-man and Galaga Dimensions," and some additional 3DSWare:

1. Fire Emblem: Awakening
2. Dead or Alive: Dimensions
3. Kid Icarus: Uprising
4. Code of Princess
5. Mario Kart 7
6. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
7. Starfox 64 3D
8. Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
9. Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
10: Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition

Lobster

Lobster said:

I would have to say my top five is:

1. Harvest Moon: New Beginning
2. Paper Mario: Sticker Star
3. Ocarina of Time 3D
4. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
5. Denpa Men: They Came By Wave

This is a mix of time put into the game, nostalgia, charm, polish, etc. Pretty weird list, really. Actually I never would have thought you could knock OoT from my favorite 3DS game, but then HM came out and I put several hundred hours into it. OoT is still my favorite game in general though.

EDIT:
The very MINUTE New Leaf comes out of course expect it to go to the top. Sorry Denpa Men, my cherished memories of waving my 3DS around in a restaurant like an idiot will get you nothing more than an honorable mention at that point.
EDIT2:
Editing seems to have stretched my comment out so I look like a total jerk. Is there any way to fix that, mods?

Gregor

Gregor said:

BOOOO! You put SM3D Land at the top! In my opinion that game is a disgrace. I can't believe Nintendo would ever put that much PADDING and FLUFF in one of their games. For shame!

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

@Fusion14 Are my posts that absurd? I'm not sure if you're saying this because you like them or because you thought they were stupid...

Either way, you have my blessing, as long as I get a 50% cut as the author.

ravens326

4-super mario 3d land
3- mariokart 7
2- spy hunter
1- nfs the run

Rerun

Rerun said:

No love for Monster Hunter?

IMHO, it's one of the best games on the 3DS. Multiplayer is great. So many hours of gameplay. We hardly get any good 3rd party games and it gets dropped of the list of bests?!?!? Sorry if I'm overreacting.

SonicTheBluBlur

SonicTheBluBlur said:

@Mk_II The one thing that got me so annoyed about Star Fox 64 3D was the HORRIBLE voice acting (which made me sell my copy before I even finished it). I think Nintendo should have just enhanced the quality of the original voice acting and put those into the game.
You've been warned before about comments containing advice and/or questions regarding piracy and ROMs here at Nintendo Life. Please stop. There will be no further warnings — TBD

Goginho

Goginho said:

Oh wow, so little love for NSMB2, DKC Returns 3D and Star Fox 3D :/
..ok sure, DK and Star Fox are remakes, but NSMB2?? C'mon people, that is a great game.