Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl Confirmed For North American Release

Posted by Andy Green

Coming to 3DS this Summer

Atlus has confirmed Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl will be released in North America.

For those unaware, it's a reworked adaptation of the original Etrian Odyssey title and will feature two modes. The first is a story mode, which tells the tale of the original game with new characters thrown in. There are five pre-made characters, each with their own personalities and dialogue

There are new dungeon layouts, floors and enemies to play through with the aim of finding out the truth behind the Yggdrasil Tree and the mysterious girl, Frederica.

Classic Mode will give you the opportunity to create your own characters as was possible in previous games. First-person dungeon exploring and turn-based combat naturally make a comeback, while there are now new difficulty modes that can be changed at any time. Picnic and Standard mode have been devised for players new to the RPG genre or the Etrian Odyssey series as a whole. However, for those who enjoy a challenge there's Expert mode which will be sure to push your talents to their limits.

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl releases this Summer exclusively for the 3DS in both retail and downloadable form. It's out on 27th June in Japan.

Are you happy to see this one make it to North America? Let us know in the comment section below.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Classic mode?! Good god, the replay value just shoot through the roof!

Oh my poor wallet...

invmat

invmat said:

Wow, NA is already getting another Etrian Odyssey game? That reminds me...
When is part 4 coming to Europe? I mean, when exactly in "this summer"?

One-Winged-Pit

One-Winged-Pit said:

Ha playing EO1 now. :P Maybe I should just wait for this to come out and play Classic after story mode.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

This better come to EU, oh and how about that EO4? I'd like to see that too.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

I love JRPGs, but Etrian Odyssey is just wayyyyyy to grind-heavy for my tastes. I couldn't get into Legends of the Titan at all. So it's nice to have more confirmed titles for the 3DS, but this one is definitely not for me.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

^I wouldn't say Etrian Odyssey IV is grind-heavy per se. It's exploration heavy. Good equipment does way more than level-ups, and honestly, I have yet to grind for money or equipment so far.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

@CanisWolfred
I don't know how exactly you're playing, but In every single EO I've played you have to grind at least an good hour at the beginning just so your party can survive anywhere beyond the first 2 floors. Personally I don't mind grinding though, actually I enjoy it and I love seeing the fruits of my labour when I completely roflstomp a boss or a FOE.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

Yay I'm glad. First person dungeon crawlers are great :*
@MERG Fall 2013 for America but Japan in the Summer from what this article says

Algus

Algus said:

Oh good. Super easy mode so I can plow through the story, followed by expert mode on classic setting where the real meat of the game is. Atlus always does a great job of delivering for the fans

Honelith

Honelith said:

This AND Etrian Odyssey 4? I loved the first 3. :D

Hate the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait for UK releases though. :(

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

So what does that make 5 quality 3ds releases in about a year. Can't wait to see whats in store for the future of the 3ds from them!!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@expa0 well I would agree with you that the first 3 were grind heavy but its not totally necessary till maybe half way through EO4!

f_zul

f_zul said:

...and european release of EO4 is still a mistery to anyone.
Sadfaces all the way down.