Call Off The Search, Katsuhiro Harada Was At Home Playing Games And Drinking Tequila

Posted by Andy Green

Tekken producer was suffering from a cold

Yesterday we reported on the strange announcement from the Tekken project support team, which commandeered the Twitter account of Katsuhiro Harada, the series producer, to state he hadn't been turning up for work and that they were now out looking for him.

This naturally prompted some concern from all corners off the globe, but it appeared Harada was somewhere as he was occasionally logging into Steam.

Well today the great man has tweeted confirming his safety and even posted a lovely picture of himself to prove it.

I just finished up the master version, and I had a cold and a fever so I was home drinking tequila and getting some work done. Ono got a new car late last month so I took it for a test drive, and cleared some games I had piled up (Crysis 3, Bioshock, Metro) so I ignored calls from the office. I was busy. Then Grid 2 came out while work was piling up, people were treating me like I was missing or something. I’m fine, and back to work and I’ll be at E3, so don’t worry.

That certainly is a relief. We all need some downtime from the daily grind and that's exactly what Harada-san was doing.

Would you like to see a juicy Tekken announcement at E3? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via twitter.com, nintendoeverything.com]

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

What's that? A person took a break from day-to-day life? Never would have thought...

Nice to know he is okay though.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Yeah that was weird. Couldn't they have just visited his house to see if he was there first before going on to twitter?

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

What a relief, but he could at least have told them that he satys home. My boss would instantly fire me if i wouldnt show up without telling them, cold or not.
Also, is it me or does this guy have a serious drinking problem ? :D He references alcohol in almost any second sentence of him.
But whatever, hes fine and thats all that counds. Sounds like a funny, if irresponsible guy to hang out with :)

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

Odd how he would drink Tequila when he have a fever.Then again I drink Vodka with chaser when I have a headache so I'm in no position to judge.

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

I had a fever so I was drinking tequila, best thing I've read all week!! This guy is awesome!!!

BrightBeing

BrightBeing said:

I thought alcohol to treat sickness went out with the snake oil vendors in the early 20th century...

LDXD

LDXD said:

Tequila and games is a pretty good combination if you ask me last time I did this I wound up naked face down in my back yard.
Fun times

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

REALLY? This became this huge a news story and no one decided to check his house!?

Owlynator

Owlynator said:

Anyone who follows Harada on Twitter knows that he loves tequila, so of course he's been home drinking it and playing games! :)

rjejr

rjejr said:

"Ono got a new car late last month..."

Anybody else think that sentence looked way out of place? Like some perp mumbling nonsense alibi's to the police? Or he trashed the car while driving drinking his tequila?

Oh well, he forgot to call in sick. Actually happened to me once, boss was not happy when I showed up at work the next day.

readyletsgo

readyletsgo said:

Eh, am I the only one on this site that thinks he is a cheeky bollox? Took time off work without saying a word to anyone in the office to play games and drink while having a 'fever'?

If I didn't turn into work for a week and was seen online playing games all day I would be fired on the spot.

And the cheek of him to just post it online that he is just drinking tequila the whole time? I'd fire his donkey!

b23cdq

b23cdq said:

This sounds like a coverup. The truth is probably, he was out fighting crime as usual, but got caught up in a job that took a bit longer than expected. He's actually a super hero.

smashbrolink

smashbrolink said:

Ahahaha, he escaped to the Matrix, through a tequila bottle.XD
Glad to hear you're alright, man. Good on you for taking a break when you knew you needed one most.

Rafie

Rafie said:

@rjejr Well him and Ono are very good friends! Considering the backlash of Street Fighter X Tekken (which Ono was the producer)...they remain very close. That's probably why he got a mention in the article. No biggie.

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

He ignored calls from work wondering what was up because he was busy… playing video games? With people like this no wonder the industry is in trouble.

Alienfish

Alienfish said:

He definitely strikes me as a tequila drinker. Must be nice to be so awesome that you can just stop showing up for work for a week and there isn't any thought of losing that job.

"I'm back now, I was just at home drinking." lol

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Had Namco fired him, he would be immediately hired by Capcom. And since the guy makes games, playing games is actually some kind of homework for him.

And most likely Ono must have told him how Capcom overworked him so much, so he decided to get some vacations by himself. But the rest of us mortals cannot miss our work.

Jollykarp

Jollykarp said:

Drinking tequila and playing games to recover from a cold...

I find this man intriguing and I would like to subscribe to his newsletter.

Wait, isn't it summer in Japan?

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

lol! i like his whole attitude about this :) hes like i been gaming and chilling so calm down i still got my work done as well :P

but see just as i had said he was sick not missing jeez next time check on ppl before assuming they gone missing :P

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

He was logging into Steam and the search party didn't check his house. I know he wasn't answering the phone, but someone is probably okay if they are logging into Steam and you should probably crack his house too. What kind of geniuses were looking for him. He would die before before they found him if was actually in trouble. Even if the cause of death was old age.

Anyway, that's awesome. Took a sick a break and couldn't answer the phone cause he was busy playing some games and driving sweet cars. This guy know how to live. Doesn't have to fear for his job or getting in too much trouble either.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

He should have stayed home and played some actual fun games :P. Wait, I'm a bad sheep not following the rest of the herd again. I meant to say, "those games he was playing are gamechangers in the industry, that must be where he gets all his creativity flowing". Or it was the Tequila!

MAB

MAB said:

Sounds exactly like whenever I fake a sicky... Just change tequila to beer and Jack Daniels though ;)
Untitled

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

@Einherjar
Hahaha! Only difference is that he IS the boss (technically). If they fired him, Tekken would be ruined!

Also, whether he's working or not, Tekken X Street Fighter won't be getting any closer! ^_^

Ncannon03

Ncannon03 said:

I'm always up for another Tekken only to have fun and to That katsuhiro & his team for great success of their games that makes me happy. Glad to hear that he's alright though because sometimes when people are reported missing, it scares people a lot but sometimes it won't be the case because people sneak out of work to be deeply at home. That will get people thinking that they have been missing but actually have personal life work to do and finish. I sorta knew that he wasn't missing because there were certain places he would be at that would be only for him to know and everyone else to find out.

Ncannon03

Ncannon03 said:

Another thing is that I know T7 is going to be a huge hit like T3 and will gain much more affection to me and other people that DOA5U. Can't wait to hear about the game soon. I've played the series for years and it got me all heated up because of the intense fights in each one. Ready for the next one to see how this game ends after it's beginning back in 1994. One funny thing is that Anna Williams has a nice big booty that I love so much.