Arc System Works Keen To Know How Badly You Want Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- On Wii U

Posted by Damien McFerran

Sign the petition to make your feelings known

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- is the latest instalment in the long-running fighting game franchise, and is currently slated to hit arcades in the near future. Set one year after the events of Guilty Gear 2: Overtune, the game will make use of Epic's Unreal 3 Engine.

A petition has been set up by hopeful fans to get the game ported to the Wii U, and this has come to the attention of developer Arc System Works.

Although this is obviously a long way off being any kind of confirmation of a port, it's interesting that the company has decided to give the petition exposure. Perhaps if it gets enough signatures it might convince Arc System Works to make the Wii U part of its plans?

[via change.org]

Grubdog

Grubdog said:

Not interested in sympathy games. If you don't want to make it, don't.

Lasermaster123

Lasermaster123 said:

Signed. This looks like a great game and this is what the Wii U needs. AND we will get another fighter game along with Smash Bros :D

CHECKit095

CHECKit095 said:

Anyone else noticed that the girl at the end has 28-12-13 written on her hat. What would that mean?

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

Signed up ;) Even i i connat even gaspp the pronounciation of that title :D But i guess its a "feature" of the GG series by now :P

MAN1AC

MAN1AC said:

This is great news for Wii U owners. Especially those that like competitive fighting games.

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

I couldn't care less about Guilty Gear but the Wii U needs more games. Signed.

Fancykong

Fancykong said:

DEFINITELY signing. I loved Guilty Gear XX Accent Plus for the Wii, so this one is a no-brainer!

Diogozaca

Diogozaca said:

@deitypower I'm really done with old ports and remakes... We need new and fresh games, not games that we could had already played on another plataform months or years ago. Excluding the classics from genesis,snes,megadrive,mastersystem,etc... on the virtual console.

Rafie

Rafie said:

Most definitely signed. We need more fighters on the Wii U outside of Injustice and Tekken. Imagine this on the game pad?! WOOOHOOO!!!

Macarony64

Macarony64 said:

@Diogozaca what the heck you talk about? This game has not brawn released on any console actually wiiu has been the first hinted console that the game may be coming.

• been not brawn.
Beta

Beta said:

Signed! Would love to play this! But my purchase would depend on the age rating of it -_-

letsplay

letsplay said:

Great looking game. I like the play mechanics. Is this strictly a fighting game? Would like to see an RPG of this type.

Kodeen

Kodeen said:

This is just like the recent The Division campaign for PC players. Listen, Arc, do your own marketing. Don't turn to your fans to do it for you for free.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

If it would be a Wii U console exclusive, it would be great, but if other consoles get it, it would be a good addition anyway.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

I love ARC System Works, and I love Daisuke Ishiwatari. And any fighting game with those two names on it is bound to be epic. If anyone on here has ever played BlazBlue, this is from the same people, so get PUMPED! Heaven or Hell, LET'S ROCK!

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

A new Guilty Gear and BlazBlue for Wii U would be awesome. The Wii U is seriously in needs of more 2D fighters.

wdblues

wdblues said:

@Diogozaca This game isn't even out yet on any console, so how is it even a port? (technically you can call it an arcade port, but technically every fighter is like that.) The Wii-U needs 3rd party support in any case so this is good news. I'm a big fan of both the Guilty Gear and Blazblue series so this is a no brainer for me.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

I'm more of a Blazblue guy but I've had my fun with Guilty Gear as well.

I suppose I might as well sign, I'd rather get a PS3 version, but most likely it's coming to PS4 which I'm not interested at all in the moment, in which case the Wii U version would be pretty cool to exist.

R_Champ

R_Champ said:

No one even mentions it, but Wii U still has the best D-pad IMO. That alone is enough to buy it on Wii U. 360 D-pad? Meh. PS3/4 D-pad? OK. XOne D-pad? Better, but I'm not dropping $600 out of the gate for that. Signed, because I want to use great D-pad (and can't afford a fight stick).

Rafie

Rafie said:

@R_Champ How do you figure the Xbox One D pad would be better than the PS3/4?! They never had a better d-pad. Yes Nintendo's D-pad did trump a lot of controllers. I'll agree to that.

Gorlokk

Gorlokk said:

PLEASE ARC! THE Wii U D PAD IS AMAZING! I WANT TO PLAY A FIGHTER WITH IT!

Spectator

Spectator said:

Please bring this awesome franchise to Wii U. It needs more games like this, this is a must!

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Signed! Blazblue and P4 Arena were my fav fighting games this gen, love them so much! I love crazy 2D fighters, so over the top and awesome. I'll be all over this release!!!

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

AWWWWW YEEEEAAAAAHH! That would be more than awesome! The WiiU finally needs a good fighter, so why not the best one?

R_Champ

R_Champ said:

@Rafie

vs.

It is all relative, but the XboxOne D-pad looks WAY better than the PS4 one IMO. I never liked four-button style PS2/3 D-pad and PS4 looks the same. I think most people just considered it good because Xbox 360's D-pad was SOOOO bad. The final verdict is Nintendo always gets it right, but can't usually get the fighters to use it with! Here's hoping the petition has some effect.

Shambo

Shambo said:

had to wait till the last few seconds to see my favourite character... but she's there, so i'll sign! that, and of course because i could use a new guilty gear game.

shinpichu

shinpichu said:

@Grubdog
A bit late on this, but how is this a sympathy port? Game ain't even out yet.

Signed, though IDK if it'll really mean anything. Hoping this doesn't become a PS4 exclusive.

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

@shinpichu
Well, Arc tweeted the link a few days after the petition started, so I'm sure they are interested in our opinion. But I have no idea how many votes they'd want to see to be convinced.

Rafie

Rafie said:

@R_Champ Difference of opinion I suppose. IMO I still don't think the Xbox d-pad is better than the PS4's. It never has and chances are....it never will. PS was the only one that ever got close to Nintendo's perfect d-pad. Now the Xbox One controller as a whole looks better.