Video: New Assassin's Creed IV Trailer Shows Oceanic Warfare

Posted by Lee Meyer

Under the sea

Ubisoft has released a new trailer for the upcoming Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, which will be released for the Wii U this Holiday. The trailer shows some interesting gameplay and story footage, including a sunken ship, pirate warfare and the combat the series is known for.

Check out the trailer below:

Assassin's Creed IV begins a new chapter in the continuing saga of Abstergo and the Animus and centers around British pirate Edward Kenway, the grandfather of Assassin's Creed III protagonist Connor. As with previous Assassin's Creed games, the player will encounter real-world characters, events and locations. Ocean warfare and exploration will play a large part, as the game aims to be a more open experience than its frequently scripted predecessor.

Are you looking forward to Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag? Let us know in the comments section.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

After playing and enjoying ACIII I am totally looking forward to this game.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Looking good. I really enjoyed the naval battles from III the most, I should be right at home with this one.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

Looks cool Ubisoft, but self control says it's either this or Watch_Dogs for me. I am really liking the ideas in Watch_Dogs, so I'm going in that direction. I did really enjoy AC2, but in my eyes it got repetitive after a while and I never fully beat the game.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

After previously enjoying this series but then being quite disappointed with the last two games (especially Revelations), I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. It looks nice and I've heard a lot of good things from the devs, but I'm just severely disappointed how they took would could have been an amazing game in ACIII and instead it turned out to be just above par.

Kyoto

Kyoto said:

I hope this game runs smoother than AC3 did. That game felt laggy at times. Hopefully the optimise it for Wii U this time!

Fazermint

Fazermint said:

I don't get why most game trailers show 90% cinematics and 10% gameplay. It's a game, not a movie.

On topic, might make this my first AC title.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Gaming websites are going to have their hands full this holiday discussing every minute graphical difference between the WiiU, PS3, Xbox360, PS4 and KinectBox versions of this, Watch_Dogs and whatever else hits all 5 systems simultaneously.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

It's looking like in the immediate absence of Nintendo 1st party games my Wii U is going to be continually gorging on M rated games :P Most of which are from Ubi.

Linkus

Linkus said:

Seems like ubisoft is taking the lead in releasing good games on wii u so far.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

read the other article first then this one and wow they sure seem to be tryingbto hard and getting that advertising out yet i agree more scenes then actual gameplay o_o