Two Tribes: Toki Tori 2 Level Editor "Still Heavily In Development"

Posted by Orla Madden

No word on when an update will be hatched

Back in September, developer Two Tribes confirmed that Toki Tori 2 would include a level editor, allowing gamers to create new levels using the stylus and touch screen of the Wii U GamePad.

Sadly, this feature never quite made it to the finished product, but speaking to Cubed3, Two Tribes has reassured those who bought the game - or plan to purchase it in the future - that one of its main ingredients is "still heavily in development".

A release date for when the feature will crack open on the Wii U is unknown, but a least we know it's still on the way. Let us know what you think about this in the comment section below.

[via nintendoeverything.com, cubed3.com]

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

When it does finally get released, I hope it has a good amount of customizable options. I'd like to play some fan made levels.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Id give this game a try when they release this editor, it just seems too much of a big feature to not have it when buying the game.

DefHalan

DefHalan said:

I wonder how you will be able to share levels, through miiverse or just a global share function?

rjejr

rjejr said:

This is a big part of the draw for me. My kids have spent countless hours making their own levels in SSBB, Age of Booty and more recently Granny in Paradise. They've actually spent WAY more time making levels in Granny than playing the main game. TT2 seems like the perfect replacement for that game.

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

I'm really looking forward to getting this game, though I might wait for a sale or until the editor is released. (Or I might just break down and buy it soon anyway. I really want to play it!)

DrDingus

DrDingus said:

I honestly forgot that this was on the way. I bought, played, and loved Toki Tori 2 right after it released. I was really surprised by just how much I enjoyed the game. I'm really glad to see that it'll have some new life and a reason to start playing it again. Can't wait!

Pod

Pod said:

It's VERY difficult to do puzzle platforming levels better than the developers who've been working on a game for years.
I'm mostly not very excited about fan-made content, which is not to say that I don't thoroughly enjoy playing around with level editors myself.

From Pitboy to Settlers II and Heroes of Might & Magic III I've been having a lot of fun with it, despite my levels rarely being played by myself or anyone for that matter. Level editors are often as good a time waster as the game itself, and has helped foster many a developer and seed many a great game idea. Sim City arose from Will Wright liking the editor of a game more than the game itself, and genres like Tower Defense and MOBA would not exist without Blizzard's editors.

So I say bring it on!

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

@DefHalan They would maybe do it in a similar way to trials evolution with a in game menu that users can vote on which levels are their favorites.