This Mega Man 25th Anniversary 3DS Case Sure Is Snazzy

Posted by Damien McFerran

Available in standard and XL sizes, too

Capcom has received a lot of flak for not giving the Blue Bomber a proper 25th birthday, but the company has made amends to a certain extent by announcing this gorgeous-looking Mega Man 25th Anniversary 3DS snap-on case.

Available in both standard and XL sizes, the 2-piece case has an image of Mega Man on the top section and a special 25th Anniversary logo on the back section. It will be sold in Capcom's online store — just like the recent Monster Hunter cases.

[via capcom-unity.com]

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

"We're keen to get our hands on one of these, but what about you? Does this peace offering make up for the lack of a new Mega Man title?"

Probably not. Many people will still want a new game, I appreciate the effort though. It looks nice. It may not be a game but at least they're pushing the franchise instead of just pretending it doesn't exist.

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

I wonder if they're not secretly creating something. So many people are asking for a new installment and MM 9 and 10 were quite succesfull. They won't let this opportunity slip through the fingers, surely.

Xtremetdifan

Xtremetdifan said:

The closest i've came to a megaman game was a petit computer demo, but I think this case is cool, who kmows maybe the cancelled megaman game for 3ds will return. IDK i was just gonna hop on the franchise with that game

IxnayontheCK

IxnayontheCK said:

There's not even a megaman game thats been released even remotely recently. Lol come on capcom...

MrKoopa

MrKoopa said:

It would be cool if 3DS covers were easily changeable and Nintendo sold all kinds of covers. Wouldn't have to buy a new console just for the looks ;p

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Saw this and couldn't believe how gorgeous it is. I really need this for my XL.

Lions

Lions said:

oh wait. This is a CASE to go on the a 3DS? For a minute there I was thinking this was a new color version of the system. Okay, I might have to buy this. Just to cover up the generic red on my XL.

Kirbybrawl

Kirbybrawl said:

Capcom only sells mega man toys, comics etc.
At comic con two years ago thats all i saw and today thats all they still do. We want games

Squashie

Squashie said:

I've never tried Mega Man (does that make me a bad person) but nonetheless, this case looks truly awesome!

Yosher

Yosher said:

If it was an actual limited edition Mega Man 3DS, I might have gotten it. But not a case.

Sorry Capcom.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

I agree with yosher, if it had been a proper shell for the 3DS then I would have been interested.
Also, I was kind of reminded of the ghost in the shell logo with the maga man 25th logo design. Anyone else think so?

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Should the price be right, I might get this. Though, I would have preferred an entirely new 3ds model.

element187

element187 said:

What would be the point in a new megaman game? It would never live up to the NES classics... and gamers would complain that they changed the series too much, and if Capcom sticks with the same 8Bit graphics, gamers will complain it hasn't evolved enough.

Its a lose lose situation when dealing with entitled gamers.

Skeet102

Skeet102 said:

I really want one. but this is just to take our mind of of not getting a megaman game. clever girl

Squid

Squid said:

Capcom, you just cease to amaze me every day. It really shows how much you don't care about your fans.

Windy

Windy said:

I'm getting that. Don't see it yet in the cap come shop but as soon as I do it will be mine!

Pierceton

Pierceton said:

Yeah this in no way makes up for MML3 being canned but I will probably buy the case though.

Pierceton

Pierceton said:

@CaptainSquid I'm not sure if it comes down to the fans as much as it does direction. Megaman games were on a downward spiral and needed a change in direction and I believe that they still don't know that direction. Let a lone the creator of Megaman left the company. Saying that I hope they figure it out before we don't see one for 25 years like we did with Kid Icarus.

BrightShadows31

BrightShadows31 said:

does look rather nice, but when is a case a good replacement for a game? i might get this anyways, but so many things to download, LM2, Animal Crossing, Pokemon X/Y, LoZ:LttP2, and various other titles.

Andremario

Andremario said:

Might get the case but I don't get y capcom or crapcom as many call them just doesn't release a new megaman game? At least release mm9 and 10 on the 3ds eshop for Pete's sake!

Andremario

Andremario said:

@knightrider666:That's a great idea! Especially since I never played mm 7,8 or 9 I currently own MM10 on the regular Wii. p.s. I used to love the TV show knightrider! I'm guessing that's where you got your tag from?

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

@Andremario: Correct, it's my favorite show of all time my friend. I think we have more of a chance of getting MM 9 & 10 on the 3DS before we ever would see MM 7 & 8 because MM7 was a SNES game, and MM8 was a PSX game.

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

Oh wow, cool Capcom! I'll put this on my 3DS for when I play that hot new Mega Man game that's coming out for it OH WAIT. Screw you too, Capcom.

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

@element187 There's more to Mega Man than just Classic Mega Man. They could make another ZX game to tie up that cliffhanger they left at the end of Advent. They could give us Legends 3 back. Nobody said they had to make Mega Man 11.

Andremario

Andremario said:

@knightrider666: I could see that. Especially since MM9 and 10 were both on the Wii but at this rate is it even gonna frickin' happen? It's megaman's 25th anniversary! We get a case a soundtrack and some merch as well as megaman 1-6 but what about the rest of the series? Or whatever happened to MMlegends 3? Most people thinks capcom are being negligent but I think they are scared! Scared that Megaman games will take attention from their other precious games and scared that they can't put out another decent megaman game...which we all know that they can but I don't think capcom knows that.

Andremario

Andremario said:

@knightrider666:That's the point I'm making! Ever since keji inafune left and as tension built after seeing how well us fans responded to MM9 and 10 they took a good look at their other franchises and saw that they got money and fans andseen only 2/4 of the fans purchase other games from their company and seeen our responses with every otkher megaman game and said"we're in way over our heads. F the megaman fans, f megaman as a game we can't top ourselves anymore