The Starship Damrey Landing In The North American 3DS eShop On 16th May

Posted by Andy Green

The first of three Guild02 titles will be available soon

Nintendo of America's Bill Trinen announced during last month's bursting Nintendo Direct that all three of Level-5's Guild02 titles would be coming to the 3DS eShop over the next few months.

Well, we didn't have to wait too long as Nintendo has listed the first of the three titles on its official site. The Starship Damrey will be available to download in North America on 16th May.

The Starship Damrey, from visual novel specialist Kazuya Asano, who had a hand in some of the early Dragon Quest titles, is a suspensful story set in space that throws the player straight in with no hints or tutorials. Disorientated, you emerge from a cold sleep capsule with no knowledge of where you are and so you set off exploring the Starship Damrey in an attempt to find out what went on.

The other two Guild02 titles are Bugs vs. Tanks! and Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale. Both will be heading to the eShop in the near future, we just don't know when yet.

We're assuming the European release of The Starship Damrey won't be too far off the American release, but we'll keep you posted.

Three titles from the Guild01 series - Liberation Maiden, Aero Porter, and Crimson Shroud - are already available in the 3DS eShop.

What are your thoughts on The Starship Damrey? Will you be downloading it in the coming weeks? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via nintendo.com, nintendoworldreport.com]

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

Sweet. Hope the PAL release comes soon after. This looks like a purchase for me.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I'll wait till some reviews come out but so far I'm interested.

Andy, Guild01 had four games although only three if them reached our shores.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@DarkCoolEdge The way he worded it is fine as the 4th isn't available in the eshop.

I'll also wait for a review as I've got to much on my plate as it is. If its good though then it deserves my attention.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

This one likely interests me the most of the new 3 but I'm also awaiting a review because it isn't a game play type I've done before

Jamouse

Jamouse said:

Really great news as I was expecting Bug vs Tanks (the most boring looking of the bunch) to be released first.

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

I said if AotFM came out I'd buy all three Guild 02 titles...

I'm a man of my word. ;)

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

@crumpledpapyrus I was going to say "Just take out the 'the' and you are good to go!" but you are more clever than I give you credit for Andy ;).

I, like others have said, will more than likely check out reviews before purchasing this and AFM:TT. These interest me more than the G01 games did for some reason. Just more my style I suppose.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I'll wait for some reviews before I make any judgements on which ones I buy. As of right now though, I'm interested in The Starship Damrey and Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale. These games are much more suited to my taste than the Guild01 games.

Klimbatize

Klimbatize said:

This is the one that interested me the most, and I'm glad to see it will be available so soon. I definitely thought I would have to wait longer.

Gregor

Gregor said:

I hope it has jumpscares and put you back into that retro feeling of when games were unintentionally made creepy by darkening hallways so it wouldn't put pressure on the CPU. Remember those days?

kdognumba1

kdognumba1 said:

Very awesome, I'm glad to see these games getting broken up and thrown on the Wii U eShop. Gives the games a lot longer shelf life and lets people buy them at their leisure.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@MetallicDonkey This is the one that interested me the most, and I'm glad to see it will be available so soon. Looks like it could really immerse the player into the game if the 3D is done well.

Agreed on all counts. Cannot wait for this one.

Moorpheel

Moorpheel said:

This one is the first guild0x game that interests me, can't wait to hear more about it.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

I'm really looking forward to this one. I liked Crimson Shroud pretty well (except for the WTF ending) so I'm eager to see more Guild projects. They all seem so artistically done and with much love put into them.

EaZy_T

EaZy_T said:

These Guild selections are perfect as eShop downloads.
My XL has Liberation Maiden & Crimson Shroud and launch 3DS has Aero Porter, so these Guild02 releases will be welcomed in my household.
This title in particular intrigues me.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I wish there was some video gameplay, I don't know what to think of it yet.

RR529

RR529 said:

I'm trying to save up for a retail title, but I may just cave in & get these Guild 02 titles instead.

I love Liberation Maiden & Crimson Shroud. Unlike other eShop titles, these actually feel like bite sized retail titles (that's not to say other eShop titles are bad, BTW), and this new bunch looks to have the same quality.

Austroid

Austroid said:

Looking forward to it, hopfully I'll like what I see. Haven't bought an eShop game since Tokyo Crash Mobs came out.

ompgsag

ompgsag said:

We'll probably know the price by this Thursday if we don't already. I mean, I don't at least.

Windy

Windy said:

@Eisenbolan the level 5 games usually run about 7.99 so far every one of them worth every penny :) especially Crimson Shroud which is actually on sale right now for 4.99

Peachy

Peachy said:

Definitely interested, but I'll wait to see some reviews before I decide whether or not to pick this up.