Talking Point: What Games Are You Playing This Weekend? - Issue Thirteen

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Here comes the Sun (doo-doo-doo-doo)

As we glance out of Nintendo Life Towers we see something a little unfamiliar — there's an enormous ball of fire in the sky, and it's bathing us in warmth. We would go and bask in its magnificence, but we've got some video games to play.

Of course, as our team is scattered around the world — like missionaries in the faith of Nintendo — some will have some rain to make them feel better about playing video games all weekend. For those of us in places with nice weather, there'll always be curtains and blinds to keep that annoying sunlight out.

As it's a Friday, and Nintendo's decided not to hit us with a Nintendo Direct today, a collection of your Nintendo Life writers have therefore decided to share their weekend gaming plans with you. We're hoping you'll do the same, of course.

Mike Mason

I'm hoping to get my strategy on in Fire Emblem: Awakening — I've had it for a week or so, but so far I've not found any spare time to get into it beyond the opening stages. That is if I'm not still playing FuturLab's fantastic shooter Velocity Ultra (Vita) for Push Square's review!

Tom Whitehead

For the past few weeks I've been playing nothing but review games — not a complaint, but it's true! — so I feel like some neglected favourites need to be revisited. Mainly Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U, as last time I played I was up to 9-star in single player and had done around half of the HR6 G-Rank online quests — my hunter's a bit of a bad-ass, I have to say. I also want to play more Fire Emblem: Awakening, in which my record is far less impressive; I think between them those two titles will happily fill up my weekend.

Oh, and the price of Football Manager 2013 has been slashed on PC this weekend — thankfully I have no social life to speak of, so I may buckle and become addicted all over again.

Jon Wahlgren

The weather is looking pretty wet and dreary around these parts for Memorial Day Weekend, so that'll likely mean a lot of time spent indoors feeding my recent hunger for platformers.

I'll seize the opportunity to finish New Super Mario Bros. U – this one took me forever to get into but now it's snowballed to the point where it's all I want to play at home. The end-game challenge is mighty impressive, although perhaps not as much so as Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on Wii U Virtual Console. I used to be much better at that one, and now it takes abusing save states to get anywhere.

Rounding out the platforming will be Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. I think I'll stick to New Mode on this one to balance the hair-ripping others, and further relax by building up my town of Trash in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I say this all now, but watch me actually sink hours and hours into Excitebots.

Andy Green

I'm really busy this weekend as I'm doing a run for charity on the Sunday. However, on Saturday I'll probably spend some time playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I'm thinking of playing online and climbing the HR ranks as I'm only a lowly level 1 hunter right now, which puts me on a par with a docile squirrel wielding a toothpick.

Naturally, it wouldn't be the weekend if I didn't play some Fire Emblem: Awakening! I'm thoroughly enjoying it and am in need of a good long session on it! Would it be too much to play it while I'm running on Sunday?

Philip J Reed

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition, which I picked up with my Wii U but only now have found the time to play. I know lots of folks are concerned about the Wii U's small library, but I still haven't exhausted the original handful of games I pulled off the shelf, so I can't complain!

Anyway the game is great so far, even if every battle feels like it takes me four hours because I'm not used to stealth combat. Looks like all those years with shoot-em-ups and platformers haven't served me well after all!

I'll also be working my way through Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, since I never 100%'d the Wii version, and that'll be much easier to do on the go.

Ron DelVillano

I finally picked up copies of Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate, so I plan on having a pretty solid Saturday filled with M rated violence and... other things.

Sunday is strictly reserved for the new episodes of Arrested Development dropping on Netflix. Seriously, don't try to contact me that day. If my phone vibrates even once, I will promptly glare at it, then ignore you. But I won't forget.

Morgan Sleeper

I'm heading across the Atlantic this weekend, and along with hoping to score as many European StreetPass hits as possible, I'll be swinging my 3DS around wildly trying to catch some exotic Denpa Men in The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves! For more airplane-mode friendly gaming, I'm packing Fire Emblem: Awakening and Style Savvy: Trendsetters, both of which have spent the last few weeks leapfrogging each other for the top spot in my Activity Log ranking. I'm totally hooked, and dreaming of a Fire Emblem x Style Savvy crossover where you team up with Anna to outfit the Shepherds for their next spring fling or summer skirmish! This is why Nintendo doesn't let me make games.

Gaz Plant

Luigi's Mansion 2 - Thanks to Chase McCain's Wii U antics Luigi's return on 3DS has been sitting on my desk for 2 months. But now I've finally got a chance to give it a go, and so far, I'm really enjoying it. Mainly because the ghosts are just amazing.

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Wii U) - Another title that got steamrolled by Lego City, and another title I'm really enjoying finally getting a chance to play. The perfect hold-over until Mario Kart hits later this year, and finally a good reply to everyone who asks "why does Sonic need a car?"

Tim Latshaw

I've acquired two games this week I can't wait to stuff my U.S. Memorial Day long weekend with. First is New Super Mario Bros. U, which I hope to have finished before Luigi stages his coup. The second actually isn't a videogame at all. It's King of Tokyo, a fun little board game where you and your friends play a variety of Godzilla-esque monsters fighting for dominance of the city. I bought the expansion just so I could be Pandakai, the giant giant panda, because that's how I roll.

Dave Letcavage

As many NLifers may already know from my numerous showings of support around the site, the Donkey Kong Country series is not only my favourite series of all time, but I think Donkey Kong Country Returns may be the best of the bunch. With that said, can you guess what game I’ll be swinging through this weekend? I’ve intentionally refrained from playing my 3DS for a few weeks now just to make the experience all the more fresh.

In addition, I’ll be playing Lego Batman 2 on Wii U for review. If that old saying “nothing goes together better than crime fighting and Tiki boppin” is true, I’m surely in for one heck of a weekend!

Ken Barnes

GRID (Xbox 360) - With GRID 2 due at the end of the week, I'll be polishing up my skills in preparation. Easily one of the most anticipated games of the year for me, so I'm planning a good, old-fashioned gamers' weekend next week, where I play nothing but GRID 2, eat nothing but pizza, and drink my bodyweight in Pepsi Max.

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) - Most of my team has either died or retired as I'm playing on 'classic' mode, but we struggle on bravely, regardless. Chrom and Ken are a dominant force in these regions. Can't stop playing. Can't stop playing. Work to do. Must stop playing. Can't stop playing. Just one more battle. I'll just sort my team's inventory. Oh look, the light's flashing. I'll play until the battery runs out. That'll be OK, won't it? Hang on, Frederick needs a new lance. I'll just buy that and then I'll stop. One more battle. I don't need to work. I can eat leaves and live in a tree. Where's my charger? Can't stop playing.

Stephen Kelly

As far as I'm concerned, it's nineteen-ninety-something and I've got a Super Nintendo Entertainment System that needs some well-deserved attention.

The lovely, charming, and unwaveringly pink Kirby is all over the Wii U Virtual Console these days, so I'll be reviewing Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby Superstar, both of which originated on the good old SNES. Kirby never fails to put me in a good mood (especially the music — splendid stuff), so this is a recipe for immediate weekend relaxation.

Next on the list is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I've never played this game to completion (cue dropped jaws and lovingly accusatory pointed fingers), but the upcoming 3DS sequel has me determined to give it the chance it deserves. I've only just now turned into a spoiler pink bunny and haven't yet drawn the Master Sword from its mythical resting ground end of spoiler!, but the brilliant game is already shining. Dungeons and fairies and secret caves — gah, the weekend ought to hurry up and start already!

I also cashed in a bunch of coins via Club Nintendo, scoring me a virtual copy of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. This is another classic that eluded me for years, but will I have time to cram it into my weekend of nostalgic delight? Probably not, but here's hoping.

So those are our plans. Don't be meanies, now, tell us what games you'll be playing in the comments below.

Jayvir

Jayvir said:

I'm trying to finish up my platinum trophy run of Tales of Graces f. Maxing the eleth mixer is a test of patience -_-

I'm bouncing between Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS and Assassin's Creed 3 on Wii U as well.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

Completing Xenoblade Chronicles.

Also playing Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, FE: Awakening, Liberation Maiden, Fallblox and Steel Diver.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

Gonna try and finish SNES "Megaman 7". And I am afraid to admit I'm back to playing "Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate"... and when I do that, my "music works" gets delayed.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'll be playing Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, and with the original difficulty too.

ghall

ghall said:

Fire Emblem Awakening and Skyward Sword. Maybe a little Super Metroid.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm trying to finish LoZ: ALttP & Super Metroid then I'll finally get stuck into a whole series of PS2 games I started & played to near the end but never finished: Rogue Galaxy, FF X, Beyond Good & Evil & some others.

tchaten

tchaten said:

Having just finished Ocarina of Time for the first time I'll be moving onto Majora's Mask on the N64.

Making my way through all of the 3D Zeldas for the very first time - quite exciting and fun.

I'll also be finishing Luigi's Mansion - have 3 missions left until its finished!

Sonic Racing on Wii U will also be happening :)

Gregor

Gregor said:

Trying to complete Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon will take awhile. Missions can take any where from 15 minutes to and hour A FREAKING HOUR. So yeah. Lotta content. Mission usually stay around the 45 minute mark.

Beta

Beta said:

Fire Emblem: Awakening (just received this yesterday ^_^)
MH3U
Sonic and all-star racing transformed
Nintendo Land
The last two will be with my bro^^

XavandSo

XavandSo said:

The half-assed Sniper Elite V2 Wii U port and some delicious Red Orchestra: Rising Storm Beta. World War II all the way this weekend; I may even delight myself to some Battlefield 1942 while I'm at it.

neumaus

neumaus said:

Dynasty Warriors Next on Vita and Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires on PS3 :)
Love Dynasty Warriors, lol

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

So Jon got new leaf already?....I hate this planet (jk)
If I play anything it might be black ops 2 zombies (ps3)
Game & watch gallery 2 and other game & watch games (3ds)
Maybe lego city 3ds and a few other eshop games....what ever I'm in the mood for.

idork99

idork99 said:

DKR3D! Made the purchase at midnight via eShop. Never played it on the Wii and I've just completed the first couple of levels. If I'm to believe critics, when they say the first levels are underwhelming, then I better be prepared to be in awe because so far it's great!

BTW: The picture for this article (the one with the girl's reaction when playing a 3DS) is hilarious!! Lol. Classic. I've never seen any Microsoft or Sony product bring a reaction like that. Only the magic of Nintendo can create that girl's reaction :)!

Have a great weekend fellow gamers :) !!

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Should be finishing the story of Luigi's Mansion 2 finally. Now that I bought me a 3DS XL (Had the original 3DS all this time) games are looking 5 times better and it makes me want to play the handheld all over again. Prob will be playing some VC games as well like I like to do (Oh wow...I acutlaly want to play Wario Land again even though all my previous data is gone....that's what I get for relying on save states)

NImH

NImH said:

@Morgan we're hooked on the same two games. Fire Emblem Awakening and Savvy Style are dominating my 3DS! That crossover sounds ridiculous and rad.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

Final Fantasy (Wii VC) - The only FF game I've ever played before was X, so I'm making an effort to go back through them all. I've actually been playing it all month, can't believe how much grinding is needed.

Donkey Kong Country (GBA via DS Lite) - I never owned a SNES, but I did buy the first two of these games when they got ported to GBA. Unfortunately, my GBA was an original model, and because of the unlit screen I hardly ever played anything on it, so giving this another go, planning to work up to DKCR 3D.

Inazuma Eleven (DS) - I love this game! It took a while for me to get into it, but now I just can't stop playing it. Currently working to level up my team's ball control stats.

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

I'll be playing Fire Emblem: Awakening for the most part. Might give Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon a go, haven't gotten into that one yet. Will probably level grind a few of my monsters in Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver. I'm working on getting some of those guys ready for the inevitable transfer to Pokémon X/Y.

Millenia

Millenia said:

I've actually been very involved with my social life lately, haha. I have not been playing many games lately... well not video games anyway! xD
When I have the time, or if I feel like it, I'll be playing DKC2 and/or Yoshi's Island on Super Nintendo.

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

@ThomasBW84 Mistake on the 3rd paragraph, last line.

"We're hoping you'll so the same, of course."

The games I'll be playing this weekend:

-Fire Emblem: Awakening. Not a day goes by without this being played and I'm trying my absolute best to slow down my progression. At least Double Duels with my sister is a fantastic way in doing just that while having a blast!

-DKCR3D: Downloaded this amazing remake from GAME for £29.99 earlier today. It's simple, I want this game on my 3DS forever!

-I may also do a @Peach64 and play Inazuma Eleven. I haven't made much progression in the last few months but it certainly is one of my all time favourite DS games and it was also one of the games that made me fall in love with Level 5.

-Finally, I'll be playing MH3U on my Wii U whenever I can. It's so much fun and so challenging, I find that I'm learning something new everyday.

Shworange

Shworange said:

Fire Emblem and Super Metroid. Also, Tank tank tank with my 5 year old. I must say, it's a pretty fun game when playing with a little kid. He gets a kick out of taking pictures of himself with a pirate frame or as a gorilla for his avatar. If you have little kids, spend 15 bucks on a couple of modes. Highly worth it.

FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo said:

i'm trying to get every Pokemon in Pokemon White and will be messing around on Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Strom 3 a little as well but mainly it's Pokemon

Midnight3DS

Midnight3DS said:

@Peach64

It's the random encounters in FF that can get very frustrating for newcomers. Trying to figure where things are, exploring, and you're attacked every 5 seconds.

bassoongoon

bassoongoon said:

None :( My Wii U and games are in storage a mile from my college. I won't be able to play any games until I head back for an internship :(

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

I'll be trying to tell myself that I only need one new game and to wait for Animal Crossing, and that when I get Donkey Kong I want a physical copy, but I won't be surprised if I finally break down and just download the thing. So we'll have to wait and see on that one.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

Alan Wake, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, and Guild Wars 2. Picked up the bundle for Alan Wake on humblebundle.com/weekly and I'm close to getting my next ascended in GW2 so I'll be going for that all weekend.

Nintex

Nintex said:

Well Super Metroid is beat, so this weekend shall consist of Metroid Fusion, Metroid II and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D!

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

I'm gonna beat Kraid in Super Metroid, and try beating the first level in Super Ghosts and Ghouls since I haven't given it much time yet. I'm gonna try going for some Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, maybe a little Pokemon Black and White, and the random Wii game of the week.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

Got Ridley to defeat on Super Metroid then I think I am halfway through Super Ghouls and Ghosts and I have just brought F-Zero GX out of retirement so I am having a weekend of retro love..

Guitardude7

Guitardude7 said:

Luigis Mansion Dark Moon (Primarily)
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros 2
Kid Icarus Uprising

Going all 3DS this weekend. Haven't been showing it enough love lately.

Vriess

Vriess said:

Finishing Guacamelee (PS3), finishing Mass Effect 1 (PC) and playing Mario Kart with my children.

Neferupitou

Neferupitou said:

Smash Brothers Brawl, My 7 year old little sister teams up with me, she getting GOOD in the game!

skjia

skjia said:

@tchaten I envy you playing through all those for the first time. Majora's Mask is one of my favorites. Enjoy!

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

I'll be playing harvest moon and harvest moon tale of two towns, with some crimson shroud and magic bubbles mixed in.

Oh, and final fantasy 5 on my PS3 too~

MAN1AC

MAN1AC said:

The Last Story - I'll most likely finish this game this weekend :)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Self explanatory
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars(Wii VC) - I've been playing this off an on for the last few weeks. So underrated.

nik1470

nik1470 said:

After watching the hobbit the week I've come over all middle earth. So I will be trying war of the north on ps3. If that doesn't grab me I will play the hobbit on ps2. But under no circumstances will I play lord of the rings conquest on the 360 because its rubbish.

mookysam

mookysam said:

I've not got much gaming done recently as I'm moving house next week and have been busy packing. Sporadically playing bits of God of War 3, Persona (the first one) and Luigi's Mansion 2. Skyrim's on hold at the moment because I haven't had time to play a long enough session.

Tomorrow's my birthday so I'm gonna rest and maybe start one of my new games. :-D

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

I'm in the process of moving to a new house next week, so most of my time will be spent packing and saying "see ya later" to friends i won't see for a while after i move. So not too much gaming will take place, but i may sneak in a little bit of Fire Emblem: Awakening or something if i can.

BlackSpy

BlackSpy said:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
F-Zero X (eventually)
NSMB U
Mario & Luigi : Bowser's Inside Story
Mario & DK : MotM
Pushmo

Azikira

Azikira said:

I've got a nice mix of new and old. I'm going to be trying Defiance on PC, and make some time for Donkey Kong Country 2!! :D

tchaten

tchaten said:

@skjia thanks - Ocarina of Time on my 3DS blew my mind how fun and unique it is. Skipped the Zeldas because the 2Ds were impossible when I was a kid - may reattack those after I finish the 3Ds.

I've finished my first 3 day cycle of Majora's Mask and can tell this is gonna be a fun one - kinda like Groundhog's Day Zelda Style :) - pretty awesome - can't imagine the people playing this on Virtual Console though - the controller is great for this kinda game.

SuperSah

SuperSah said:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D on original mode. My first time playing and I really enjoy it!

MH3U on 3DS - need to fully upgrade my Arko Nulo Y bow and create some new armor. Deciding between Zinogre's or Brachydios'.

redoschi

redoschi said:

Injustice for Wii U (got it shortly after release but haven't had the time to try it yet!) and maybe some Kirby Superstar!

Kroisos

Kroisos said:

I just beat Dark Moon yesterday, so now I'm going back to find all the gems and Boos I missed. Console-wise I'm on the 10th tower of Pandora's Tower, so I'll be playing that when I'm not looking up how to avoid the glitch. And I'll throw in a few episodes of the original Fullmetal Alchemist for good measure.

LindsayPez

LindsayPez said:

I've started Final Fantasy IV for DS and will continue to play it. I've only beaten IX, X and XIII so this game is somewhat of a challenge (I've died stupidly a few times where I didn't save so I've had to replay some parts. GRRRRR).

snoox

snoox said:

I have sooooo many unfinished games on the Wii U omg, I've paused all of them like Monster Hunter, Batman, Need For Speed...& am doing 1 at a time with Lego City 1st. Ppl complain about a shortage of games, I dunno I just don't see it cuz I got a huge pile.

For 3DS I'm playin Luigi's, the quality totally surprised me, but it gets kinda repetitive. Also Fire Emblem, playin Hard/Casual, & even tho I played Final Fantasy Tactics & FF Tactics Advance & luved them to death, FE is kinda.....hard! Almost too hard......almost :)

OptimisticLink

OptimisticLink said:

Super Metroid
Rayman Legends Challenges App (Even though I'm starting to get tired of that...)
Crosswords Plus

Technosphile

Technosphile said:

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) - maxing out my team to unleash on unsuspecting StreetPass-ers.

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (PSP)

Valkyria Chronicles II (PSP) - haven't started this yet, but I plan to over the weekend.

Byron-3D

Byron-3D said:

Tonight I am going to try and finish the last 4 chapters on Kid Icarus Upriseing and once I got that out the way I'm going to make a start on DK Country, gonna play the original mode as I've already played through the Wii version to the last level but never finished the game so I'm up for the challenge again. Inbetween DK sessions I'm going to pick up some of the harder Coin Rush DLC for New Super Mario Bros. 2 and also finish of the last of Sonic Generations.
Basicly I'm going to have my head buried in my 3DS all weekend, Damb you Nintendo and your amazing games consoles.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

I'll be playing:

HarmoKnight - 3DSware
Luigi's Mansion 2 - 3DS
Lego City Undercover - 3DS
Super Little Acorns 3D - 3DSware
Sonic All Star Racing - 3DS
Angry Birds - 3DS

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate mainly, and Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, if we're including PC/Other games.

OracleOfTruth

OracleOfTruth said:

Since I'll be out of town this weekend, I probably won't be continuing the New Game+ in Xenoblade Chronicles, treasure-hunting in Wario Land: Shake It!, or getting S Ranks in Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed like originally planned. I will, however, continue Fire Emblem: Awakening and Rayman DSi. Might throw in some Scarescraper.

biglittlejake

biglittlejake said:

Nintendoland, Super Mario 2, Super Metroid, and Harvest Moon Magical Melody. But I do have a busy weekend now that college summer school has started so who knows.

miiandmario

miiandmario said:

Some Wii U vc games and possibly some fire emblem awakening since I haven't played it in about 2 months.

Mahe

Mahe said:

Some Wii Party, Wii Sports and Just Dance with friends, it looks like. Maybe some Muscle March thrown in for laughs. Also testing the Rabbids Rumble demo on the 3DS.

banacheck

banacheck said:

"Metro:Last Light" [PS3]
Zombies "Mob of The Dead" [PS3]
And some VC games, "Kirby", "Super Metroid" [Wii U] but i'm wanting to make a start on "Mass Effect" [PS3] for the platinum, so i'll have ever Mass Effect platinum from one-three.

Sparkz

Sparkz said:

Pokemon Black Version 2, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, and the rest of the demos I have on my 3DS XL.

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Not sure really... I have so many things to get to theses days. I suppose I'll be going into Lego City and get a bit more of that done. Maybe a bit of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the side, just so I don't feel like such a weakling online anymore. :P

FritzFrapp

FritzFrapp said:

Despite a very heavy work deadline, I hope to get more Monster Hunter in some time. However, that game's awesomeness is causing a big backlog with Fire Emblem, Luigi, Virtue's Last Reward, Shinobi, Paper Mario, and Layton on 3DS, and Lego City and Mario on Wii U all needing finishing. So much fun, so little time....

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

Just bought DK Country Returns 3D while on a trip to the cinema with my English class, cannot wait to play that this whole weekend. I missed out on the Wii version because despite wanting it, I always had something to play.
On the Wii U front, I suppose I'll be playing some Injustice online (I'm not very good, but I try my best) and perhaps if that grows tiresome I'll finally get around to finishing New Super Mario Bros. U in preparation for the upcoming Luigi DLC.

Omarsonic9

Omarsonic9 said:

Anyone heard about this site? It's great :D I put all my games that I own in it, pretty useful and fun.
www.backloggery.com/omarsonic9

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

While I should be studying for my exams beginning on Monday, I will undoubtedly spend most of the weekend playing DKCR 3D!

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

I imagine most of my weekend will be spent playing Lego City Undercover, Kirby's Dream Land 3, and I might even bust out Super Mario Galaxy again.

Emaan

Emaan said:

This weekend I'll be playing Super Mario Kart, Kirby Air Ride, and some Super Smash Bros. Melee :3

Boofonater001

Boofonater001 said:

Now that I finally got a replacement charger for my Nintendo 3DS Mario kart 7, NSMB 2,Monkey Ball 3D, and Piotwings Resort.

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

Just got my sweet day-one copy of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. I'll be surprised if I play anything else this weekend.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

restarting black 2 this weekend hopefully. I just have to transfer over 30 plus monsters to my White game. And maybe play some Professor Layton & Miracle Mask. It all depends on when my parents are coming down to visit.

Yai

Yai said:

Playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity since it released last week here. I was worried at people's general reactions to this entry in the series but after having played it through I love the game!

Also Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D because I never played the Wii version and I had no idea it was this good. xD Trying to hold out until AC:NL though..

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

For me it will Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. I'm about 1/2 way done with the game... definitely takes getting used to. Other than that, I'll get back around to La-Mulana and Retro City Rampage soon enough.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

I'll mostly be farming in various Harvest Moon games, and I'll be playing SimCity as well on PC. I also want to play Guild Wars 2 more often now.

kissoon

kissoon said:

some Super Ghouls n' Ghosts... I predict a lot of dying.

Injustice... haven't finished the story mode yet.

Lego City Undercover... need to 100% it.

some NFSMW and maybe some ACIII as well.

TheN64Dude

TheN64Dude said:

Are you ready:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Mother 1 / Earthbound Zero (NES)
Chu Chu Rocket (DREAMCAST)

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

In my excitement about prospective new LoZ on Wii U, and anticipation and anxious jealousy for when Wind Waker HD comes out (i don't own Wii U - yet!) last week I started a new file and played through the original OoT on N64 for the first time in about a decade, after which I started up a new Majora's Mask (which, ashamedly, I never played to completion.)
However, I have been distracted this week by Dark Souls on X360. My buddy lent it to me and this game is every bit an oxy moron as everyone says. You simultaneously love and hate it with all of your heart, wanting to break your tv yet never put down the controller. Odd. But awesome.
I, too, will probably start a new ALTTP file, it's been a couple years.

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

i feel like a hypocrite or something but i feel like i been rly busy lately and i dont even know on what O_O but yeah i started playing my pokemon black2 and i got it on release date that and still playing luigis mansion here and there...i forgot i downloaded mario bros2 D= darn it too much

most of the time im on miiverse drawing though or reading comments

hydeks

hydeks said:

Donkey Kong Country Returns: Re-playing, don't currently own a 3DS XL :(
Super Mario Galaxy: Trying to get every last star
New Super Mario Bros U: My first taste of the Wii U, and it's making me want one!
Walking Dead Survival Instinct: this game is WAY better than your reviews let on...

Expa0

Expa0 said:

I'm currently playing two games. Tales of Abyss (3DS), which to my surprise is a fairly competent game. After finding Symphonia (the supposed best game in the series) bad, Dawn of the new world and Graces F Average, I wasn't expecting to find a competent game in the series, but here it is.

Other game I'm playing is romhack of Pokemon Firered called Liquid Crystal, which is very good remake of the best pokemon game of all time - pokemon crystal, sure it has it's fair share of terrible fanfic goodness, but all in all the good overweights the bad. It's at least better than HG/SS in terms of remakes.

TheInvisibleTor

TheInvisibleTor said:

Hopefully pick up a copy of DKCR 3D. Downside is that i'll have to take away the pre-order I put towards animal crossing: new leaf.... is it worth it???

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

The subtitle for the article makes me want to get my 360 out again and play some Beatles: Rockband.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

@hydeks every review I've seen has given it at best 30%, but if you are getting your monies worth from it then you are one of the lucky few purchasers who like it, or have the patience of a god to get past its flaws.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

I played Metroid Prime on MP Trilogy all day yesterday. I didn't have time to finish it today, but I might tomorrow. Prime 1 is my favorite of the Prime series. To me, it has the best weapons, best overworld design, and best overall gameplay. It also has my favorite section of the whole Prime series which is where

SPOILER WARNING

you infiltrate the Space Pirate base in Phendrana Drifts and steal the thermal visor. I absolutely love that part. It's dark, atmospheric, and creepy how as you enter the base, the peaceful Phendrana music fades to a low humming and the bright outdoors change to a dark, creepy laboratory. Fantastic game!

END OF SPOILERS

I'm also playing DKCR 3D. I love the original so I got this one too.

Royalblues

Royalblues said:

EV training and Pokemon trading. Looking for any pokemon in the Treecko and Piplup line of monsters. those are the only starters I'm missing. I'll give any traders Pokemon AIDS for them!

InsertTokenz

InsertTokenz said:

I still need to finish Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and I'm not sure what else I might try playing after that. Maybe more Kid Icarus: Uprising, maybe Pandora's Tower, maybe some WarioWare.

defrb

defrb said:

Finished mh3u and now im making the streets unsafe in NFSMWU, ordering zombiu for 17.5euro for the next weekend :P

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

I finally got round to downloading Luigi's Mansion 2. That and doing a one Pokemon run on Fire Red with Venusaur. Blaine was a tough cookie. I'm currently at the Elite 4 and my Venusaur is level 76.

Noboty

Noboty said:

Been playing a lot of Sanctum 2 (PC), League of Legends (PC), and Tetris Axis (3DS).

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

Pandora's Tower, Kirby Returns to Dreamland, Smash Bros Brawl and Pokemon Black 2. "I might battle Ash!!!" Hahaha. XD

GamerJunkie

GamerJunkie said:

DOTA 2, Counter Strike: GO, a bunch of games I got in indie bundles and probably zen pinball 2 on wii u if I turn it on this weekend.

SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher said:

Pretty much been only on 3DS and some N64. Playing DK Country Returns and started new save of Ocarina of Time. Aside these, switching up random titles, trying to think of something else to play atm

Relias

Relias said:

Hmmm.. Probably.. Samurai Warriors Chronicles... Batman: The Brave and The Bold Video Game.. Dragon Quest 9... (I wuv Dragonquest) Might check out Dargonquest Wars...