Shovel Knight's Order of No Quarter Boss Lineup is Finalised

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

A motley crew

Of the many crowd-funded projects to align themselves to Nintendo systems in recent times, perhaps Shovel Knight has been the most prominent success. The first title to come from Yacht Club Games — founded by former employees of WayForward Technologies — has attracted rave previews and waltzed past its Kickstarter target with relative ease, digging up every single one of its stretch goals in the process.

One of those achieved targets just got even more interesting, as well as the core project itself. The developer has released an update to backers with the final list of bosses in the Order of No Quarter, one of which is set to await our hero at the end of every stage. Even better is the fact that every one of them will be playable in the promised four-player Battle Mode, which is a result of that aforementioned fundraising success.

Shovel Knight is coming to the Wii U and 3DS eShops later this year — the current target is September — and certainly looks the part. Below are the quirky enemies that'll be lining up to stop you in each level. Let us know what you think of the final results and designs in the comments below.

Related Games

WiiULoveGBA

WiiULoveGBA said:

Cannot wait! The bosses all look great and it will be fun to play them in battle mode and some of them in the story. And there's still the female knights to come!!

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

They look pretty cool. I really hope it delivers because it has become one of my most expected games.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Will be this interesting to see this game above all the others and this kickstarter nonsense. If the game fails, or the Eternal Darkness sequel fails, that might be the demise of kickstarter.

No pressure guys ;)

Wildfire

Wildfire said:

Those villains look great! I can't wait to play Shovel Knight on my Wii U!

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Can't wait till its done. I have yet to decide which to get it for, Wii U or 3ds when I get asked which system I want it for,

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

That pic reminds of a Megaman game, but with an extra boss. Keeping my eyes on this one

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

I find it hard to believe that's just 8bit, it's incredible! I definitely will be purchasing this and I can't wait!

FOURSIDE_BOY

FOURSIDE_BOY said:

It reminds me A LOT of rockman, which isn't a bad thing; does anyone knows if this similarity goes even further?, as in every time you kill a boss you obtain his/her weapon or you only have standard weapons?.

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Since three of the bosses will be playable, I would like to play as either specter, polar, propeller, treasure or king knight.

Moorpheel

Moorpheel said:

Don't tell me, you'll gain their special ability after defeating them.

Though.... Isn't that enchantress looking dangerously like maleficent?

bizcuthammer

bizcuthammer said:

I cant wait to play this game. I'm honestly more excited for shovel knight than i am for most of the AAA titles announced so far for this year. Shovel Knight reminds me of everything that made me fall in love with games as a kid, and a feeling that most games today dont come close to giving off. Outside of a few select nintendo franchises, the big name devs seem to have lost that sense of pure, uncensored fun. Too often today all the effort is put into the graphics or story or "experience" of it all. None of those things are bad, but i think it causes devs and gamers alike to lose focus on what games are supposed to be: fun.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

The screenshot makes it look like the game will have a Mega Man setup. Is that possibly the case?

Azikira

Azikira said:

I'm pretty sure at least Propeller Knight will have his own story mode, the guys at Yacht Club sure seem to love him! :P

AJTsuki

AJTsuki said:

I've been very disappointed with the games I've backed on Kickstarter, but this one alone looks to redeem my faith in the service. Got on board as soon as they announced 3DS support.

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

Specter Knight looks great! :O

Glad to know this is a Wii U exclusive! ...Well...sorta...

WiiULoveGBA

WiiULoveGBA said:

There are sub-weapons and some cool ones like the recently revealed spinning blade that gives you a horizontal moving air attack/dash!

SqueakyTheBone

SqueakyTheBone said:

Gosh, to think that when I first saw this shizzle I passed it off as just another generic, retro inspired indie game. How silly I was!

Seriously though, this game is lookin' to be freakin' amazing. Fingers crossed it turns out that way!

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

Yep, instead of "man" at the end of their names they have "knight", and aside of that being mega man like they even have the mega man composer for the music.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@ogo79
Night Knight haha... that's brilliant! Right before he kills you he say's "Night night" Could be the next Mario or Sonic!

ValentineMeikin

ValentineMeikin said:

@KnightRider666 Well, if Capcom weren't turning Megaman's corpse into a form of shovelware, I'd be looking forward to Megaman 11. Instead, Shovel Knight and similar give us what we want.