Second Project X Zone Demo Hitting 3DS eShop On June 27th

Posted by Damien McFerran

Lucky, lucky Europe

European 3DS owners are currently getting their hands on the recently-released Lethal Surprise demo for Project X Zone, which showcases characters from Sakura Wars, Cyberbots, Space Channel 5 and Valkyria Chronicles and offers a glimpse of what the final game will look like when it launches in the region on July 5th (the North American release is a little earlier — June 25th, to be precise).

Namco Bandai has now confirmed that a second demo will be released in Europe on June 27th. Entitled Dark Hours, this second helping will take place in the gothic world of Ghosts ’n Goblins.

We'll be posting impressions of the first demo soon, but feel free to share your thoughts below — and let us know if you're excited about the promise of a second demo while you're at it.

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

This one set in Ghost'n'Goblins world should be even more interesting than the one we already have.

Late

Late said:

I didn't quite understand all the game mechanics (probably because I skipped all the text before battle) but I had fun. I think I have to try again later and read everything to enjoy the demo even more.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

I'm not crazy thinking us Americans have to get the first one, right? I want to play!

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

i am pretty sure i will never buy this game, because it is not my type of game and i dont even know half of the charakters. but i will definetly check out the two demos

AceTrainerBean

AceTrainerBean said:

Good demo the game was fun I will play it again to get a proper feel for it. One thing I did notice from my short play through was that the 3D effect was bad but it looked good in 2D. The gameplay was fun but again I need to play again to get a proper feel for it.

DanielBass1986

DanielBass1986 said:

Ive played the Demo 5 times since last night and loving it. Cannot wait for the second Demo followed by its release. Awesome game!

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

i hope NA gets a demo for this game. I'd love to try it out and see if it's really for me. But if not, worst comes to worst I can always trade it in if I don't like it.

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

I was like "2nd demo? When was the 1st demo?" Then I see "in Europe" and I'm like "Oooo...that's why." XD

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Demo was brilliant, but I didn't know who most of the characters were. They were still cool though!

gurtifus

gurtifus said:

I tried the frist demo and ok, it's beautiful and it does feature all of your loved character but It 's a big mess when you battle !
I tried pushing any direction with the pad without understand the real point between the different combos ?!?
Before playing, I thought fighting was in real time but I'm really disappointed now...
Maybe I didn't understand this game.
I'll try the next demo but I think this game is not for me...

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I wonder when North America will be getting the first demo. This is the sort of game that I definitely need to try out before I even consider buying it.

jackaroo

jackaroo said:

Didn't realise the demo had been released until I went on the eShop yesterday to download something else. Saw it and straight away downloaded it. It's awesome. I didn't fully understand how the battles work but nevertheless I still enjoyed it. Looking forward to the second demo a great deal.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Whoops! Didn't even know there was a Project X Zone demo on 3DS eShop right now :O Shows how much attention I've been paying to the Download articles :P I've been greatly looking forward to Project X Zone, can't wait!

Tate24

Tate24 said:

Please tell me bringing this out as retail game not just downloadable game?

I wanted code princess but wanted retail version sadly didn't happen :(

Please tell me this is not only a Eshop game ?

DIALGA63

DIALGA63 said:

Meh, looks like another Smash Bros game. Smash Bros. Brawl was great, but i definitely dont need another!