Rex Rocket Smashes Through Its Kickstarter Target

Posted by Andy Green

There are plans for a Wii U and 3DS adaptation

At the end of last month a Kickstarter campaign started for the interesting looking 2D platformer Rex Rocket, which takes a leaf out of Metroid's book and combines it with a hint of Mega Man.

Developer Rob Maher - who now runs the newly named studio Castle Pixel - confirmed with us that if the project was backed he would strive to get the game onto the Wii U and 3DS.

Well, we're happy to announce Rex Rocket smashed through its goal of $6,000 by early May and finished on $10,987 on Sunday. That of course meant the project was $13 short of hitting the $11,000 stretch goal, but Castle Pixel has decided to be nice and has unlocked it anyway.

Rex Rocket is down for a January 2014 launch on PC but the developer wants to bring the game to as many platforms as it can, including 3DS, Wii U, Ouya, iOS, Xbox Live Arcade, Mac and PlayStation Vita.

Castle Pixel cannot guarantee it will come to Wii U, 3DS or Vita as the trio are "closed" platforms but it will strive to make it so!

Getting Rex Rocket onto any of Nintendo's devices would truly be a dream come true for us. We will do everything in our power to to get Rex Rocket on Playstation devices, Wii U, and 3DS but with the three platforms being closed we can't guarantee them.

What are your thoughts on Rex Rocket? Check out the trailer below and let us know what you think to it in the comment section underneath.

[via kickstarter.com]

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

Oh, a kickstarter inspired by Megaman. Whoa, indie gaming slow down, I'm gonna get whiplash on this completely new direction you're going!

looks fun

Jayvir

Jayvir said:

I actually was talking to the devs through Kickstarter and they said they'd have an "exciting announcement" concerning Wii U support in the coming weeks.

NINTENBOY

NINTENBOY said:

I love hearing when these things are a big sucess!! I wish them all the luck in the world I really do.

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

@Fusion14

Okay, perhaps that's an exaggeration, but please think twice before you say something as ignorant as that.

Plenty of mobile devices have more juice than the 3DS, and there are fine games on mobile devices.

Gregor

Gregor said:

I don't want this game. If it can work on iOS then its automatically too small for the 3DS in my opinion.

ueI

ueI said:

That's good. Even though I don't care about Rex Rocket, it means he can start planning for that other interesting game he wants to make.

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

the council of science? terrifying . new detroit?

this game looks great, and only 10 grand, other indie developers should take note... this should make it to all platforms (as should all games)

what is renegade kid doing when this game loos so much better than anything theyve done

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

I'm all for the indie game/Kickstarter movement but why do so many of them have to have the same 8-bit art style? I like that style, don't get me wrong but they're gonna make it stale with everyone imitating it.