Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity Is Super Effective in UK Charts

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Another strong 3DS debut

In recent weeks there's been consistently good news for the 3DS in the UK, with titles occupying the top 10 of the all-format charts. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity continues that good form, coming in at number four in its first week.

According to UKIE, this is the third best debut week performance for the spin-off franchise, placing it in the middle of the DS and Game Boy Advance releases of past years. One 3DS title entering the top 10 is offset by two departing, though Luigi's Mansion 2 and LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins are still doing well in 12th and 13th places respectively. Fire Emblem: Awakening deserves a pat on the back, too, as after dropping off in the last two weeks it's still hanging on in the top 40, occupying 34th place.

There's still nothing to tell in terms of Wii U exclusives, as we await the steady influx of the second half of the year. It may be worth watching LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, however, as the multi-platform release is still occupying 14th place; with the Wii U entry arriving this week, we'll see whether there's a bump in its sales.

[via ukie.info]

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

Got the game at the weekend with Injustice,but I haven't tried it yet,too busy with Fire Emblem.

BigBluePanda

BigBluePanda said:

Not planning on getting this one, but happy to see all these 3DS exclusives chart so highly the past few months.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I'm a but disappointed with this. Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem were great games and sold well, so it was sending the right message to Nintendo. This just tells them they can put the Pokémon name on any old rubbish and have it sell :(

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

there were only two things I didn't like about this game. 1: you couldn't make dialogue text instantly appear by pressing the dialogue button, and it's slow as molasses, and 2: you could only take on one missions at a time (unlike the other games). other than that it was a fantastic adventure

SuperSah

SuperSah said:

Passing on this since they totally ruined it for me.

Waaay too different than Time/Darkness.

Ah well, glad it's helping 3DS anyway.

bassoongoon

bassoongoon said:

I liked the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (the one on DS/GBA, I had the DS version), however I have heard bad things about Gates to Infinity, so I probably will not pick a copy up with my 3DS.

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

@Peach64 This isn't 'rubbish' though. Aside from some downers such as the lack of Pokemon and it being pretty slow like @Marioman64 mentioned, it was still a great game if you ask me.

It's a little shocking to see you not enjoy success. :o

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

I personally downloaded this game with Nintendo offer, else I was planning to skip it, but glad to hear it's selling well; especially since, now that I'm playing it, I can see clearly that it deserve some success ^_^

It won't be a masterpiece as some recent 3DS releases, but it's still a fun and very enjoyable game :)