Nintendo Direct: Watch The North American Presentation Live

Posted by Damien McFerran

Shot directly into your eyeballs

Today at 10am Eastern and 7am Pacific time, Nintendo of America will be holding a Nintendo Direct broadcast which will contain information relating to its big summer titles for Wii U and 3DS.

As always, you can watch the presentation live on this very site, and we'll be posting comments as events unfold. You can also use the comments section below to post your own reactions, as well as share your predictions before the presentation starts.

European readers can find coverage of their region's Nintendo Direct broadcast here.

Your bodies are ready, right?

Live Text - Updates will load here automatically, no need to refresh the page.

15:28

It's Reggie!

15:20

Pikmin 3 news now!

15:20

Wonderful 101 launches 15th September on Wii U

15:20

$19.99 for the download version, $29.99 for the packaged version

15:19

New Super Luigi U also coming as a stand-alone physical release in August

15:18

Nabbit can't power-up but is invincible, so he's perfect for noobs!

15:17

That pesky Nabbit is now playable in New Super Luigi U!

15:15

Resi Evil Revelations now...looks pretty on the Wii U!

15:14

Game & Wario will be just $39.99, remember! Not to be sniffed at!

15:12

Fronks? What the fronk!

15:12

Game & Wario footage up next...

15:07

(They launch on 30th May, BTW)

15:07

Zelda GBC Oracle games will be $4.99 each until June 20th

15:05

More Sega Game Gear titles incoming for 3DS Virtual Console

15:05

Sonic Lost World is exclusive to Wii U and 3DS

15:05

Worldwide partnership with Sega for Sonic the Hedgehog

15:03

Makes use of the Wii Remote Plus for better control

15:02

Coming to Wii U...

15:01

New Mario and Sonic game from Sega!

15:01

Special Nintendo Direct focusing on Wii U content coming close to E3, Iwata says

15:00

It's starting!

14:56

It's nearly time...watch the presentation on Nintendo Life!

14:23

Is your body ready?

rjejr

rjejr said:

You guys (and Orla) need to stream them both on 1 page with big MUTE buttons under each one so we can watch both and listen to whichever 1 looks more interesting at the time.

I already do this myself w/ 2 browsers but I'm trying to figure out ways to be even more lazy in my life.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'm keeping expectations low once again, which didn't work out the past three times. However, this time I really think this won't be anything ground-breaking. They would have to save it for right before E3 if it was. Release dates and more gameplay footage is all I would want, although I can't rule out yet another new game of some kind being announced. A Kirby game for 3DS would be nice.

hendie001

hendie001 said:

I wish nintendo would start to make sports game that don t involve mario. Any one remember ken griffey jr baseball or nba courtside. That would shut EA up! A new hockey game would blow my mind. haha

tsm7

tsm7 said:

I don't have high expectations if it's not Iwata doing the presentation.

Tra_Venous

Tra_Venous said:

@Savino If anything, they'll reveal footage of the new Mario Kart; I'm doubting any game announcements that we don't know about (that'll be saved for the next ND)

GermenatorHue

GermenatorHue said:

I love it when Nintendo shares its news directly with me. Hopefully we'll see some gameplay footage of Wind Waker HD and 3D Mario.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

ummm...unrelated question. My avatar is supposed to be Mumbo Jumbo, but for some reason thsi morning I'm only seeing the feathers on the top of his head. Anyone else seeing that, or do you see his whole face?

LtAldoRaine

LtAldoRaine said:

I'm not exactly thinking they will show news games,but if they do...bring something on for the Wii U. You're doing fine with th 3DS for the near future,just give some Wii U stuff.

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

I just got here, I know it doesn't start 12 minutes but where is the stream link all I see is a picture no video player?

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

What alternate dimension are we living in where Sega games come exclusively to Nintendo consoles? Who would have thought 20 years ago?

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Seasons & The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Ages . Both DAY 1 purchases for me. Can't wait to get these 2 GEMS!

LtAldoRaine

LtAldoRaine said:

God. I wish I could watch this with y'all,but video players are blocked here at work. So I'll settle for the excited comments and at least knowing what they are showing.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

It's funny about the GAME GEAR games. Are we getting Sonic 1 before Japan did? :/

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

Enough about Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. Just give the fans a DKC 4 as an eShop title for once in 16 - Bit graphics. ;(

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf should be good for online play this time I hope.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

Wario games like this aren't what they used to be now since Game & Wario is coming soon.

rjejr

rjejr said:

EU Direct news (dates probably not US applicable):

Wondreful 101 out Aug 23 in Europe.

Luigi Levels DL June 20th DISC in July

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

Just give me a classic style Wario Land 6 game instead of this poor excuse for a game.

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

Man, I'd almost like to get that Luigi U standalone just for colllector's purpose. That's a cool game case.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

They need giant humans in a Pikmin game like this to make it a bit interesting imo.

rjejr

rjejr said:

You can call it a koppad, everybody else is calling it a map. That's it, just a map.

We've been waiting for Pikmin 3 for so long they should have made Pikmin 1 and/or 2 unlockable. Plus the US had to wait about 2 years for NPC Pikmin 2.

Oh well, I'm just glad it's finally coming out. Even if the US is getting it a week after EU.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

Jeez Reggie. Make it available where we can play unreleased Wii U games at home.

Faruko

Faruko said:

well that was... anticlimatic, but good nontheless

but anyway, you just cant expect a new game on every ND, they have to save something for the E3 weeks

rjejr

rjejr said:

Reggie? Is that a "pink slip" on that stack of books to his left?

Wow, finally having demos on the kiosk. But only in Best Buy? And only for a week. Not good. Well good for Best Buy maybe, they can use the foot traffic.

JRC72

JRC72 said:

That's it, what a freaking waste of bandwidth !!!
I am really really disappointed with Nintendo ! What a joke

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

Aww, I was hoping for game demo's to be available on eShop for the E3 week. Nothing was said on the European show so we get nothing.

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

Got to say, that was a little disappointing. Sonic: Lost World exclusive is cool, but not a whole lot of surprises there. I think the previous Nintendo Direct raised my expectations too high!

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

anyone else loving luigis DLC and also having a retail copy too? just glad tey said released dates

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

That kills the experience of demoing a game that's being shown off at E3 if they're gonna have it at stores like Best Buy ONLY.

McGruber

McGruber said:

I'm impressed overall but I wish the e3 demos could be downloaded for people that actually have a wiiu

nilcam

nilcam said:

It was okay until it hit the Gamegear section. I'm super excited to finally play Shining Force for Gamegear. And having a Wonderful 101 date made this Direct worth it.

Faruko

Faruko said:

people need to calm down you CANT expect a new game on EVERY ND... thats just stupid

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

I think this Direct was just right, as I wasn't really expecting any big announcements or previews for that matter. They're saving the best stuff for E3 and that's the way it should be. This is just a way to build more anticipation. Can't wait for next month.

zionich

zionich said:

Overall infotmative, Shining Force 2, guess I was just hoping for a new game sneak peek.

fluggy

fluggy said:

Wow!!! That was pointless!! Nothing new. . . just release dates that could've been announced on any website!!! None of the games (which weve seen footage of before anyway) interest me at all! Yawn!!! Tell me ninty have more up their sleeve than this!!!

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

The news of new GAME GEAR games coming to 3DS VC made this Nintendo Direct worth it to me OVERALL. Never expected to see a new Mario & Sonic game this early in trailer form.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

wow a new Sonic exclusive! Wasn't expecting any announcements (because Nintendo said it was Spring/Summer only), that was honestly a surprise.

(Was expecting some new Wonderful 101 footage though!)

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

It was a decent Nintendo Direct for NA. I didn't really expect any huge news. I enjoyed seeing more Pikmin 3 footage, finally got a Wonderful 101 release date and the new Sonic game SOUNDS promising. I like that it is an action adventure game. The ND around E3 should be a bit more exciting, but I appreciate every one they do. No other company does this for their fans. Just a small part of why I love Nintendo so much. All those games you unimpressed people want will be on the ND around E3, guaranteed. Just like a great poker player, they don't want to show their hand too early.

McGruber

McGruber said:

I'm real happy about the Luigi packaged version, as well as the gamegear games coming. Iwata is very entertaining.

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

@Lionsgate the retail version of New Super Luigi U doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I guess there are some collectors out there who will want a disc and box, but how many people are there who A.) own a Wii U, B.) don't own New Super Mario Bros. U and C.) DO want New Super Luigi U?

Neferupitou

Neferupitou said:

Já temos boas novas sobre os pokês X e Y, então.. nada do que reclamar, este Direct foi bem informativo e isto é o que conta!
Embora eu admita que esperava um pouco ou algo sobre o novo smash né? mas tudo bem.

GBLUIGI

GBLUIGI said:

I like the idea that New Super Luigi U is coming as a retail game for $29.99 tbh. It gives me a perfectly good excuse to buy this seeing as how it would be awhile before I ever get to buying New Super Mario Bros. U

Alexneon

Alexneon said:

Sigh...now kids can see why nintendo decided not to host a large-scale presentation on E3 this year.

Rezalack

Rezalack said:

Never knew there was a Shining Force for the Game Gear.. considering Shining Force 1&2 are up there with my favorite retro games of all time, this is exciting news. I can't wait to buy this when it hits the eShop.

Savino

Savino said:

I really hope that Nintendo has some very cool stuff to show in the next ones... Because Mario and Mario Kart will not save the day forever...

BATRA

BATRA said:

I LOVE SONIC GAME MORE THEN MARIO BUT HOPE TO SEE BATTALION WARS 3 SOON

KillerGBH

KillerGBH said:

they should have plenty stuff in bank for the next time just be patient ^^ . super luigi U in a month thats nice. i was expecting more stuff as well guess we all need to be patient :O

Wiicube64

Wiicube64 said:

I'm a staunch Nintendo fan but even I fear the worst
The control options are too confusing; wii u game pad, wii remote, classic controller, wii pro controller, wii remote nunchuck plus +
Is it any wonder the public are getting confused about this being a Wii 'add on'
It doesn't differentiate itself enough from the previous wii

and as for ... Kop pad in Pikmin 3?
wtf?
and using the wii u game pad as a monitor for wii remote plus and nunchuk?

I was really expectinghoping that there would be a surprise hintrevelationshock at the end but it just kinda ended flatly

Just announcing a Wii U Pilotwings or Blastcorps would be enough; Nintendo need to employ me!

LtAldoRaine

LtAldoRaine said:

Well,it was a bit uneventful,apparently. But it's OK,I just hope they DO show soon their Wii U big guns soon.

Wanderhope

Wanderhope said:

Game & Wario, Mario & Sonic looked surprisingly perfect for my little family. Pikmin 3 just looks more and more amazing every time I see it. Wonderful 101 looks like a must buy as well (though not from today's Direct). Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart, Mario... What lack of games? My wallet is ailing. In Wii's first year, I bought TWO games total. This year I will likely buy at least seven.

UnseatingKDawg

UnseatingKDawg said:

FINALLY!!! MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!! I CAN FINALLY DOWNLOAD SONIC 2 FOR GAME GEAR ON MY 3DS!!! I'm also excited for Mario and Sonic's next outing, Sonic Lost World looks interesting, and I'll love to get New Super Luigi U.

3Daniel

3Daniel said:

Im so over seeing trailers and videos for pikmin 3. Put a demo up on the eshop before you lose my interest in theto game entirely, nintendo!

paburrows

paburrows said:

So I'm curious is the Mario & Sonic game will be another Olympics type game or an actual platformer. I've wanted a Mario vs Sonic platformer ever since the 90's.

Justaguest

Justaguest said:

Donkey Kong looks very prosmising. Unlike Mario it seems like a challenging platformer with more action. getting that

warlordovblood

warlordovblood said:

That was kinda disappointing but oh well. I shouldn't have expected something big. The sonic news was pretty awesome but beyond that nothing else wowed me. I'm really hoping the next nintendo direct delivers.

moroboshi

moroboshi said:

The frame rate in that Sonic winter games thing was diabolical. I hope they have a LOT of optimisation planned.

bassoongoon

bassoongoon said:

Mario and Sonic at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics looks like so much fun!! From what I’ve seen, I will definitely be picking it up!

I am definitely considering getting the packaged version of New Super Luigi U (I already have NSMBU, the NSLU disc would be an awesome addition to my collection!). It looks really fun. I’ll admit I was skeptical at first, but I think it is really neat what Nintendo is doing with the release.

I am even more excited than ever for Pikmin 3. It looks like Nintendo is developing it around a really cool concept. However, in terms of the lower pressure and stress, it seems more like Pikmin 2 (unlike what Nintendo had previously implied). Oh, and flying pikmin! New puzzle challenges anyone??

quino711

quino711 said:

@manu0 I knew about the game already, having it as an exclusive is nice, but I wanted something new coming from Nintendo themselves.

Varia01

Varia01 said:

Two things:

First few games shown:
The first few games shown looked really neat. Mario and Sonic at the S-whatsit 2014 Winter games looks like it has great graphics. That idea for a sport that uses different vehicles is also pretty creative. The idea of Mario: Minis on the move 3D that allows you to build your own levels is awesome! I can't wait for Sonic the Lost Worlds, I really liked colors and generations.

Metroid at E3 possibility:
E3 being held for the U.S and Canada is a pretty neat idea. I hope that a surprise Wii U Metroid game will be revealed. I would like to see HD on Metroid, especially after seeing the cinematic graphics of Other M. The gamepad is certainly the best controller for Metroid.

bassoongoon

bassoongoon said:

@Ryno

And me. Although I have NSMBU already, I am pretty anti-DLC, so I think it is pretty cool what Nintendo is doing with this: giving you the option to get it as a DLC, or buy a retail version. Super cool. This strategy might have just sold me on NSLU. I was not planning on buying it before, but after seeing the gameplay and the box, I definitely want to get the retail version. I can only hope it counts for club Nintendo points....

Ryno

Ryno said:

@bassoongoon: Pretty much what you said is how I feel and I would bet it counts as Club Nintendo coins. I just wonder if you would get 30 instead of 20 for buying the packaged version? Highly doubt it though.

bassoongoon

bassoongoon said:

@Ryno

Yeah, I am pretty frustrated that most retail Wii U games do not provide club Nintendo points. This seems pretty unfair to me, as I strongly prefer having a physical copy whenever possible.

I would guess 20 on the packaged version as well. Still, that is not too bad. Not as bad as what they did with Wii U (I was a little upset when I found out that my Wii U basic set only got me as many points as a 3DS would. Come on Nintendo!).

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

This was a disappointing Nintendo Direct. Expected more other than new features of games we have already heard about in the past. :I

Emaan

Emaan said:

Every Nintendo Direct can't be as awesome as the memorable Wii U February Direct and Pokemon X and Y announcement. People get disappointed too easily.

I wasn't expecting anything crazy so I'm happy with what they covered. New Super Luigi U got a release date, price, and retail box- which is really cool- and The Wonderful 101 finally got its own release date as well. I think the partnerships with Sega- resulting in an exclusive Sonic game and their teaming up with Best Buy for some E3 game demo goodness is great news in itself.

Also, the new Pikmin 3 footage was a personal highlight of mine :3

With that said, I can't wait for the next Nintendo Direct around the time on E3. :D

tasmans11

tasmans11 said:

You know I might actually watch the Nintendo Direct instead of reading about it if THEY COULD ACTUALLY GET SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS PROPER ENGLISH!

Ren

Ren said:

great, it took 30 minutes to talk really slowly about 4 or 5 games we've either already played or have already been promised since launch. this is more deflect than direct. Just wait until there is actually something new to tell us about or it just looks bad. So glad I got a 3DS and waited on WiiU until it's dirt cheap next holiday, or there is some (very likely) better system.

Mr_G

Mr_G said:

Now that we have the summer line up out the way. June through September the next Nintendo Direct can focus on the holidays Oct through Jan and it going to be over whelming in Epicness. Mario 3D October. Mario kart and WW HD november and hopefully smash bros or retro studio game for christmas. This holiday season going to be amazing for Wii U

LightSuitGuy

LightSuitGuy said:

Wow so much great news! I might get Super Luigi U now that its being released in stores! The next Mario & Sonic entry looks great and it may be the first of the series I actually buy!

Its great to finally hear some news about Sonic's next game. So its called The Lost World then? Is it related to Jurassic Park? :P

Also I'm glad we're finally getting those Sonic GG titles released on the 3DS eShop, as well as tons of other GG titles.

SubZer023

SubZer023 said:

glad to here that a new Sonic game is coming to 3DSandWiiU and more great GG for 3ds eshop