Mutant Mudds Deluxe in Final Preparations for eShop Submission

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Planned for submission to Nintendo of America this week

Mutant Mudds Deluxe, the Wii U eShop expansion of popular 3DS namesake Mutant Mudds, is getting increasingly closer to its arrival on the platform. That should be good news for fans of the original, as not only will it include the main levels and free "Granny" DLC, but also spruced up HD visuals and 20 new "parallel universe" stages with a ghostly theme; there'll be checkpoints, too, to help ease the difficulty level a little.

Renegade Kid has been working to deliver the title promptly, and co-founder Jools Watsham has now taken to Twitter to confirm that its arrival may not be too far away, if all goes well with the submission to Nintendo of America.

Naturally that tweet suggests a North American arrival before it hits Europe, with the 3DS title having five months between release in the respective regions. We've reached out to Watsham for clarification and will update this article if we receive a response.

Is Mutant Mudds Deluxe on your Wii U wishlist?

[via twitter.com]

Magnalon

Magnalon said:

"Is Mutant Mudds Deluxe on your Wii U wishlist?"

Yep! Played it at PAX East and loved it. The new Ghost levels are great.

Kyoto

Kyoto said:

Not sure whether to buy this. I 100% completed Mutant Mudds and absolutely loved it but to buy it again for just HD and 20 extra levels...

Extremist

Extremist said:

It's not an 8-bit game since the WiiU is not an 8-bit console - it's a game with a retro look. The graphics might be 8-bit, haven't counted to check if there's more than 256 colors in a level. But I get your point, just nitpicking... ;-)
Wouldn't mind a Mighty Switch Force HD-look though, but that's not gonna happen. I guess they've just tinkered a bit with it to not look too blocky or something on a much larger screen.

NintendoPro64

NintendoPro64 said:

This will bust into the Top 20 Wii U Games on eShop in America in 2 weeks flat. Calling it now! :)

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs said:

It's a great game on 3DS. I bought Mighty Switch Force for Wii U after playing it on 3DS and it didnt seem worth it for me so I won't be getting this.

But I will get Mutant Mudds 2!

EvilLucario

EvilLucario said:

I'm definitely buying this. Mutant Mudds was one of my favorite games on the eShop, and this looks solid as well.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

I bought the game for 3DS at that discount and I'm about to finish it 100%. Not really interested in buying it again, though 20 levels is a pretty meaty expansion.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Pod

Pod said:

I'm that old cynic who still has no 3DS, so I might be very interested in the Wii U edition.

tsm7

tsm7 said:

I loved the game on 3ds but I don't know if I want another run through . Can't we just get a sequel.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I'm not sure if I would get the Wii U version or the 3DS version. I suppose that if I don't get a Wii U I will have no choice but to go for the 3DS version.

I-U

I-U said:

With the news of checkpoints and spruced up visuals, I may consider getting this edition of the game as well. Still want to finish the Granny levels though, I got around 17-16 more to go.

garfreek

garfreek said:

I heard so many great things, glad i finally get to play it (i have a wiiu but no 3ds!) ^_^

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

Yes! Wait, it'll be ages before I play it... :|
Whatever! My body is ready! :)

@tsm7 There will be a sequel next year...

bahooney

bahooney said:

I've been holding off on the 3DS version because pixel art with vibrant colors looks unbelievable on an HDTV.