Multiplayer Sandbox Title, Rawbots, Coming to Wii U if Kickstarter Goal is Met

Posted by Orla Madden

Robots designed and programmed by you

We've seen a number of indie developers crowdfunding for potential games to appear on the Wii U eShop since the console's release in November. We've recently seen Super Ubi Land and Shovel Knight receive the appropriate amount of funding for their respective projects, and another game in line looking for support is called Rawbots.

Described as an open-world multiplayer robot-building sandbox game, it focuses on building and programming your own robot. Your personal robot can have its own universe and you can invite friends to join in various modes, such as arena battles and races. You may also customize your world; build bridges, traps, roads, and even forts and towers to protect your planet. It could possibly be the next big thing since Minecraft, according to Neil Haran, CEO of Team Rawbots.

At the time of writing, Rawbots is currently sitting at $4,578 of its massive $300,000 Kickstarter goal. If you like what you see in the official teaser trailer below, you know by now how to support it. As always, let us know what you think of the project in the comments below.

[via kickstarter.com, rawbots.net]

Rukiafan

Rukiafan said:

I'm starting to get the feeling that if it weren't for Kickstarter the WiiU eshop wouldn't be getting any more games. :|

Yosher

Yosher said:

Is everything depending on Kickstarter these days? It's kickstarter this, kickstarter that, kickstarter everywhere!

Void

Void said:

@Rattle86 Ah yes, but I can't seem to remember the days where people liked waiting 5 years for a game. ;)

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Cool! And as with any kickstarter project that strives for Wii U release, I wish them the best of luck!

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

This and the stretch goals needs to be set nao.

I mean you get to build a mother flippin Universe!

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

This honestly looks fantastic, and exactly my cup of tea. I hope that this comes to Wii U - it would be an instant purchase for me.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

I usually don't like sandbox games. I simply can't get into minecraft. This looks like it can be done well. I'll be pledging.

Unit_DTH

Unit_DTH said:

This looks like Spores with robots!! AwesomeAwesome, its getting a pledge from me! Would love to have something like this on Wii U!

NintendoPro64

NintendoPro64 said:

When I move out and get a Wii U of my own, I am buying 2 TB drive! Indies deserve our cash WAY more than all these rotten third parties! :D

SMW

SMW said:

Its got potential. Never had any interest in Minecraft, but this looks fun.

Bluerobin2

Bluerobin2 said:

Better than Minecraft? WHAT? Answer: Get computercraft for minecraf, and you're set to go.

RikuzeYre

RikuzeYre said:

@Omarsonic9 Minecraft isnt that fun.Sandobx games arent exactly things I like anyway. And honestly if you're on a nintendo site your going to run into fanboys. Fanboyism is silly anyway. If you dont like it then dont deal with it. Solve your own problems and quit hating and complaining. Being useless and impractical are two things I detest.

devilwaffle

devilwaffle said:

This looks more fun then most of the retail games for Wii U... I'd be certain to grab it.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

It would be an interesting game if it had some serious depth to the customization of your robots. I can see how this game would be fun.

Lobster

Lobster said:

The thing is that this looks exactly like Spore to me. And we all know how Spore turned out. If this gets funded, there will be robots of male genitalia EVERYWHERE.