Eevee 3DS XL Evolves For Pokémon Center 15th Anniversary

Posted by Orla Madden

One of the many Eeveelutions

Last month we reported that posters hinted that Eevee would be featured in some way on a new 3DS XL design, but details were scarce on its appearance.

And now we know it's official - an Eevee-themed 3DS XL is indeed making its way to Japan judging by a leaflet found in Pokémon Center stores, posted by Twitter user MarvicaFii.

It'll be a very limited release; the lottery, celebrating the 15th anniversary of the stores across the country, begins tomorrow, and if you're lucky, you'll be in with the chance to purchase the system.

Take a close look at the picture provided, and let us know your thoughts.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

The Eevee 3DS is so awesome, that you win by buying it. That's awesome. Haha. Geez... It's not really a bad thing. I mean, a 3DS XL is a 3DS XL no matter what color it is.

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

I think it's pretty ugly.. I don't see why they wouldn't take Eevee and it's evolutions and just paste it on there Luigi 3DS XL style. That would excite me.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

Wow, that's so ugly! Most of these limited edition ones look awful recently. What happened to the great designs like the golden Zelda GBA SP, the red Mario SP and that lovely Zelda 3DS?

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Even though I don't like the design I do have a soft spot for eevee so I want it. :)

@Peach64 I agree. Even the toad 3ds I won is not that good looking. :S

tsm7

tsm7 said:

I actually really like it. I was expecting an Xl with just a giant pokemon plastered on it. This is more of just a simple design. A bit retro - colors are kind of 70s

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

How disappointing. It looks like a traditional sweater pattern.

I'll just stick with my kawaii Pikachu 3DS XL thankyouverymuch. :P

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

I'd seriously consider blowing the money on that sweet Charizard 3DS XL if it was ever released outside of Japan.

Squid

Squid said:

Come on guys, it's not that bad. :P If you all don't want it I'll take it. :*

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

Eh, not really my style. Kind of reminds me of some 1970's wallpaper. If Nintendo brings the 30th Anniversary Luigi 3DSXL to NA I'll probably pick that up though.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

That's the single most beautiful 3DS I have ever seen in my life!

Sad to see the general reaction to it is the opposite of mine though.

Edit: found a better pic @ serebii.net:

Untitled

DrRandle

DrRandle said:

I find the design rather classy and elegant. But I"m a fan of that kind of modern/minimalism art style.

HeyLuigi

HeyLuigi said:

that picture on the back is legitimately adorable :) not sure about the top stripes though.

pariah164

pariah164 said:

I like it! It looks like it's made of wood. I would love to have a chance to buy it.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

I actually really like that design, too bad it has a snowball's chance of making it out of Japan since its a limited release.