Disney Registers Racing-related Domains

Posted by Tim Latshaw

A new game taking the starting grid?

A lineup of domain registrations by Disney Enterprises is pointing to the possibility of an upcoming racing game.

The domain names include DisneySpeedster.com, DisneySpeedsters.com, DisneyRacers.com, DisneyKart.com, DisneyKartRacing.com, DisneyKarting.net and DisneyRacing.com. All of the domains were discovered by Twitter user @supererogatory, who also found that the @DisneySpeedster Twitter handle is following Disney Interactive, Disney Games and Disney Infinity. Curiouser and curiouser.

If a Disney racer is coming, what would you like to see in it? Let us know.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

ScorpionMG

ScorpionMG said:

Mario kart Wii U Ftw.
I like how you put Cruella De Vil on the pic driving like that :P
I wouldnt really be interested in the racing game, sonic all stars racing transformed is pretty good but you dont get that feeling from mario kart..
If so, i would like all the good old disney characters if a disney racing game happens :P

Ricube

Ricube said:

Someone remember Mickey's raceway USA? That was a good game for the N64...

bassoongoon

bassoongoon said:

Ehhh, does not really seem interesting to me. As others have said, I'm eagerly awaiting Mario Kart U. My copy of Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed, and Mario Kart (when it comes out) should keep me happy in the racing department, oh and project CARS too haha

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

A Disney Kart would be cool if it wasn't for the fact that Mario Kart U is releasing this year. That would be some serious competition.

I had to chuckle at that Cruella De Vil screenshot, though.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

Nice, except I'm not too fond of kart racers, which I'm assume this game is going to be. Also, if I actually wanted to get this, I'd rather they use classic Disney characters instead of these new ones.

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

they should just make a game based around the original games from wreck it ralph, it would make a really good compilation, an FPS, and old school arcade game, and a kart racer, i think it would sell, at the same time reaching many fanbases, and it would give parents a break on the wallet, three games for one, and your kid will still view it as three games

dc_10

dc_10 said:

Venellope Von Shweets from Wreck it Ralph is a perfect fit!! I mean she was from a kart racing game, Sugar Rush. Turbo could even be like a challenge racer or unlockable race. Turbotastic!!!
Chip n Dale and the Rescue Rangers plane would be a cool one to see also.
Duck Tales (Gizmo/Gyro!!), Mr. Toad, Herbie!!
A nice lineup of cars from CARS would be great!! RC CAR from Toy Story with like a Woody and Buzz double dash sort of team.
Man I'm kind of exciting myself for this!!

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

@SirQuincealot;
I never said the game will have new characters. I was just stating that I'd rather have older characters in the game than newer ones.

SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms said:

Just because of that picture, Cruella de Vil must be in the new Disney racing game.

I would like to see Kronk, from The Emperor's New Groove as a playable character.
Untitled