Devil Survivor Overclocked Patch is Now Live in The European eShop

Posted by Andy Green

Ghostlight confirms game-breaking bugs are fixed

Back in March, Ghostlight released the much-anticipated Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked in Europe, more than 12 months after it launched in North America.

However, what should have been a momentous occasion was hampered by the fact the game came cursed with game-breaking bugs that stopped the player from progressing. Using the summon ability or being lied to by an auction seller was causing the game to crash and the only way out was to reset the 3DS entirely.

Thankfully Ghostlight got to work on a patch and confirmed late last month it was finished and on its way to Nintendo.

That patch has now officially been given the green light and is available to download from the 3DS eShop right away.

Were you been experiencing issues with Devil Survivor Overclocked? Has the patch solved all your problems? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via twitter.com]

Expa0

Expa0 said:

Just in time for after I completed the game.. Wait...

E: I am thankful that we finally have the same product US has had for 2 years now, but seriously this could have gone better.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

Somewhat off-topic, but after recently getting boned out of 20 hours by a bug in Virtue's Last Reward, seeing this makes me hope there's a patch someday for that too.

Morph

Morph said:

Great, I can finally start playing it, if only I hadnt started fire emblem the other day

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

Will download it when I get back into the game. FE & DK taking all my time at the moment.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

Great, now I can buy the game. I've wanted this game for years and didn't import it because this edition was announced. Finally, my wait is over. :)

f_zul

f_zul said:

But is the game available digitally from now on? or just the patch...

Koapa

Koapa said:

Wow Nintendo, this was really quick.
Only about 4 weeks after developer sent you the patch.
Finally I can play this game. (it need to wait, cause I have many others)

KodaSmooss

KodaSmooss said:

@f_zul The game is not available on the eShop, only the patch is.

@KnightRider666 Nope, it was EU only.

I have already finished the game, so a little bit too late but for those who have not played it, the patch will greatly enhance the experience, I think.

Otto-Soq

Otto-Soq said:

Thanks, NL, for this info! I play the game for a couple of days, and was surprised my 3DS sort of bricked when summoning a monster in a fight. I hope all is sorted now. :)

Vader_MIB

Vader_MIB said:

I would have bought it without this bug. But then no way. If developers cannot release a game without bug (and a huge and so apparent one), they won't get any of my money.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

@TruenoGT
I feel bad for you pal, if I hadn't been forwarned that could have been disastrous.
20 hours though? Can't you just restart from the elevator and repeat the pathway?

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

@HexZyle @AJWolfTill
Actually going in I had known about the bug (saving in an escape room can corrupt your save game), so I was really careful, but it happened even though I took precautions. I'd like to restart, but since the workarounds don't necessarily apply, I'm cautious about going through again. Oh well, so many other great games to play these days I suppose! :)

Phle

Phle said:

Cool. I'm going to unwrap my game later today (I didn't want to bother playing while the bugs made a game-breaking mess).

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I've never experienced these bugs as I haven't needed to use the summon ability and the one time I have been lied to in an auction, I was lucky as my game didn't freeze but I'm glad the patch is out now as this means I won't have to worry about the game freezing, It also fixes the naming mix-ups so the game will no longer think that my character's first name is his last name and vice-versa.