CIRCLE Entertainment Will Make A Publisher Dream Sequel Should It Be Successful

Posted by Andy Green

All it needs is 888 "votes"

CIRCLE Entertainment's DSiWare title Publisher Dream is now available in both Europe and North America and it seems there may be a sequel on the way should the game do well.

The publisher recently announced on its Twitter account that if the game hits "888 votes" in the US eShop a sequel will "definitely" be lined up for the 3DS:

We're not entirely sure what CIRCLE Entertainment means by "votes" - we're presuming it means reviews or ratings, though it could also be actual game sales, we're not entirely sure. Basically, if it does well there'll be a 3DS sequel - that seems to be the gist of it.

We think the game has some good ideas - as we explained in our Publisher Dream review - but there are some questionable design choices that can hinder the overall experience.

Would you be interested in a sequel to Publisher Dream? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com]

ueI

ueI said:

I would be interested in a sequel if it improves upon the things Thomas didn't like.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

I got the game and it's not that bad at all, actually. I'd like a sequel too if it adds more stuff, like being able to name your game or have the staff talk to you. It'd be nice if fans had nicer things to say as well.

DefHalan

DefHalan said:

@Donjwolf

Totally agree, I wish I could find a history of how all my games sold, not just the ones that are currently on the market.

Windy

Windy said:

I like the game and would love to see a sequel more along the lines of Dungeon Village part RPG part Sim. Keep them coming Circle I like both publishers dreams and Bookstore Dreams

AVahne

AVahne said:

Will get this one just because I want a 3DS sequel.
I barely have any memory left for DSiWare games and I don't like having to delete the games I already have and lose my saves.

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

At $2, this might get enough attention to get people to buy and rate to warrant a sequel to hopefully fix the problems of this one, which don't sound awful by any means.

masterLEON

masterLEON said:

Well if they meant 888 downloads or 5 star ratings, I'd oblige them with both. For $2 it's a great deal!

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

what kind of 'votes' do they want? i'd be willing to shell out the $2 for it, but i'm not going to lie when it comes to recommending it to other people if it turns out i don't like it :/

SethNintendo

SethNintendo said:

Enjoyed Bookstore Dream and I like Game Dev Story so I'll probably pick this game up even though I'd have to shuffle DSiware games around. At $2 a 6 rating from NL doesn't scare me.