Video: SEGA Teases Possible Castle of Illusion Title

Posted by Orla Madden

Disney is involved in some capacity

Earlier last week, we reported that Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse is looking set for release on the Wii U, as the title received a classification in Brazil.

To add further speculation to this news, SEGA posted the following teaser video on its Twitter account, suggesting that a remastered version will indeed be making its way to Nintendo's latest console in Summer 2013.

If you look at the bottom right hand corner at the very end of the video clip, you can see the word 'Disney', so if it's not Caste of Illusion, what else could it be? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

[via twitter.com]

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

Add to the fact that it says 1990-2013 Disney, and this most definitely is a Castle of Illusion remake. I can't wait to see more, cause that trailer was awesome!

RedRocBoy

RedRocBoy said:

Kinda obvious. Glad their putting some effort into it. More games for my Wii U? HELLYEAH!

CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto said:

I wouldn't be surprised if M2 was doing the remake. Sega usually has M2 re-release their classics. I look foward to more!

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

Looks like Disney were pretty active with a variety of partners behind the scenes before shutting down Junction Point.

zane

zane said:

Uhm the witch from sleeping beauty is in the vid, Mizrabel or what is her name, so yeah smells like it's "illusion" to me :P

nik1470

nik1470 said:

Yes very exciting it can only be castle of illustion surly. This is going to be a good year for gaming!

Jack_Package

Jack_Package said:

The trailer does seem to suggest a remake, not a re-release of the original. But that '1990/2013' date stamp is odd.

Anyway, as long as it doesn't look as horrible as Duck Tales does, I'll be happy

Garo

Garo said:

That can't be anything other than a Castle of Illusion remake/sequel. Hope this doesn't turn out as bad as Power of Illusion. Just thinking about that game sickens me.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

This obviously looks like Castle of Illusion to me. I'm glad they're going to do a remastered version rather than just porting the original.

This, Ducktales Remastered, and Disney Infinity is showing that Disney's really making an effort in the video game department.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

Wow, DuckTales and Castle of Illusion? What a great summer. I just hope this one keeps the magic feeling of its look, unlike DuckTales.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

@Orla "so if it's not Caste of Illusion, what else could it be?"

Maybe "Castle of Illusion"? This is just a far fetched guess though...

lol I'm just giving you a hard time Orla! We all love you. Our little Nintendo Life girl :D

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

The Apple at the end kind of gave it away. Then again i was fooled into thinking this was going to be a tour of Tim Burton's home.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

At first I thought it might actually be the sequel, World Of Illusion but after some research we find that Castle Of Illusion was indeed released in 1990. I'm younger than I thought :) Anyhoo, those soldiers were also a common enemy in the CoI game so I can only imagine it's going to be a polished port at the very least!

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

Maybe i new 3D mickey instead of Castle of Illusions? We really need one since that travesty of an Epic Mickey series hit the scene and failed.