Video: Let's Play The Amazing Spider-Man On Wii U

Posted by Damien McFerran

Are your spider senses tingling?

There are so many superhero reboots these days it's hard to keep up. Thankfully, Nintendo Life video features editor Rory Cocker seems to knows his Hulk from his Man of Steel, and was tasked this week with playing the first half an hour of The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition, recently released on the Wii U.

You can see the footage below — be sure to also check out our review of the game while you're at it.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

I liked the demo to it on the 3ds but never got around to it. Was thinking of getting it on Wii U since it's on the cheaper side, but decided to hold out for a little bit.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

That screen tearing is terrible how did this get released like that. Companies like this should be made to fix these problems. The game does look quite good for a movie tie in though.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

Seems to be a lot of British Actors playing SuperHeros these days, Christian Bale - Batman, Andrew Garfield - Spiderman and now Henry Cavill - Superman. I bet that must piss off people in American that these English actors are portraying there icons especially Superman as to them he is an American Hero even though he's from another planet.

Klimbatize

Klimbatize said:

@PinkSpider LOL, I've never heard anyone complain that British actors are "taking our jobs". We fully understand why Britain produces the best actors. From birth they constantly pretend they're somewhere else besides the UK, and who can blame them? This continuous practice of pretending they're someone else and somewhere, anywhere but in the UK gives them the opportunity to obtain hours upon hours of expertise to become top-notch actors. ;)

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

I had already forgot this was coming out. Big fan of Marvel stuff and didn't have any of the consoles where this came out last time, so looking forward to it.

hcfwesker

hcfwesker said:

It was a great Spidey game and I thoroughly enjoyed it during my 100% completion run. But, yeah, there's absolutely no excuse for the game being released with that screen tearing.

hydeks

hydeks said:

sings the spiderman theme song YAY!!!

Awesome gameplay video, love that you guys are branching out and doing these now.

Also, random fact, that Spiderman show can still be seen in Canada, if you get Teletoon Retro :) I'm watching Inspector Gadget as we speak lmao

Rebel81

Rebel81 said:

Did pick up the 360 version a month ago for € 2,50. No way I pay the price for the WiiU version.

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

I have the 3DS one and it isn't too bad.
I have been thinking about getting the Wii U version.

timp29

timp29 said:

Damn I was hoping the screen tearing was some kind of artifact with the recording or playback side of things.

SpaceApe

SpaceApe said:

Doesn't look very good graphically. Not spending 60 bucks on the Nintendo shop for this old game.