Video: Here's Some Footage Of The Rayman Legends Challenges App

Posted by Damien McFerran

Hands-on with Ubisoft's peace offering to Wii U owners

This week sees the release of the Rayman Legends Challenges App, a free download which is largely intended to pacify angry Wii U owners following the delay of the game itself.

Although the app itself is offered entirely free of charge, Nintendo Life video features editor Rory Cocker has put together this short "first look" video for your delectation. Let us know what you think of the app itself by posting a comment below.

Buzzthebatgirl

Buzzthebatgirl said:

I'm really enjoying the App despite my annoyance at Ubi. Will I buy the game on release? Possibly not, as there is still no excuse to delay a finished game >_<

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

What scores did people get?

I played for a bit and got 1073m on one of the challenges but that's probably been doubled or more already!

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

Man, those challenges were hard. The first several times I played the one where you had to catch 150 lums, I couldn't even complete it! I eventually realized that turning them purple nets your more in the end...

I must say, though, that I was a little disappointed you play as only Murfy in those two. Hopefully you can do the platforming segments in some of the later challenges.

I had my sister-in-law play with me on the challenges and I could play as Globox while she played as Murfy, but it seemed like it didn't count those towards my record...

Still, lots of fun to be had with it!

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

@Nintenjoe64
I think I made it to the upper 900s--probably just under a 1000m. And the other one I think I got 150 lums in 48 secs or so. How many characters have you unlocked? I've unlocked the first three (knight-Rayman, Gothic Teensy, and red Globox).

Big_L91

Big_L91 said:

i managed to get 36 seconds in the lum collecting one and about 1300m in the distance i think. the challenge today looks a little easy to get a perfect time on ill check it when im home though.

Shanksta

Shanksta said:

I'm glad they're adding more bosses and 30+ plus levels to the actual game since they have more time with it. Complaining about a delay is stupid, especially when they brought it up to August now and are working hard on adding more to it. Plus this challenge app is awesome, getting all gold so far has been pretty difficult.

Ryo_Hazuki-san

Ryo_Hazuki-san said:

such a great app but to be completely honest i am good with this free app i do not think this game is worth full price of 63 bux kinda glad this got delayed! lol

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

@Big_L91 Easy? I got 21, and it's so hard to trim it down to 20. I needed to chill down so I'm taking my lunch break. Hopefully, by then I'll have my head together.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

Great app, definetely will buy the final version of the game too as I planned since Rayman Legends was revealed last year.

Big_L91

Big_L91 said:

@HeatBombastic
i ment the land of the livid dead one that came out today when i said easy, i havent tried it yet but damnnnn! 21 secs on the lum collecting one thats amazing, i bet all my golds from last night have been blown right out the water haha! and i thought i couldnt shave much off 36 secs!!!

ArkOne77

ArkOne77 said:

This challenge app is fun as hell! Spent a few hours on Murphy's Dungeon last night.....tried Livid Dead run a handful of times this A.M......going to play some more when I get home from work. I am content with Ubisoft's "Peace Offering" until the full game hits the shelves. The developers have done an amazing job on this game and deserve our support despite Ubisoft's release date blunder. I went through the same kind of delays with Rayman Origins 3DS, so I am kind of used to it.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Got to admit, I was impressed from the little I played of it.

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

I think that this will be the best 2D platformer ever. I bought Origins for my 3DS last year, but Legends on the Wii U is even better and Origins is amazing in all aspects. I guess I'm going to buy Wii Origins as well now!

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

This and Trine 2 are the reasons that I haven't purchased NSMBU. They both ooze beauty and creativity in a way it doesn't seem capable of.

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

@FiveDigitLP
I didn't realise they had to be unlocked. I couldn't figure out how to up my awesomeness level either but only played for a little bit. It definitely has the 'just one more go' aspect. I'm surprised Nintendo didn't manage to make the touchscreen bits of NSMBU as much fun as this game!

FiveDigitLP

FiveDigitLP said:

@Nintenjoe64
Yeah, I was having trouble figuring out how to up my Awesomeness initially as well. It took me a little while, but I was able to eventually get 1 point last night! It helps if you get all the Teensies and the max amount of Lums in the regular levels.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

It's a great free app and I'd say makes up for the delays (imo). I do wonder how long they'll be supporting it for though. If they support it until the game launches or at least let us play the old challenges once they stop supporting it I'll be happy enough.

Drobotic

Drobotic said:

Good thing I'll be able to get Legends on my birthday.But this will be good for now.

DarkCojiro

DarkCojiro said:

Wow, after playing this my excitement for the full game just went into overdrive. Roll on August!

OGGamer

OGGamer said:

This looks an awful lot like rayman jungle run for android and ios . An endless running app where you collect lums and try for the best times doesn't have any appeal to me . I hope others enjoy it though .

tripunktoj

tripunktoj said:

I got 1586m on yestreday's challenge, 20.26s on today's one and only got to 38.31s in the weekly... after spending 18 hours on the game of course. Its a shame you have to unlock the extreme ones, I missed yesterday's (They're way harder, got diamond cups in all regular challenges so far, and barely made it to silver on today's extreme)

Oscarsome

Oscarsome said:

@StreetPassWante Are you being serious? The greatest game of all time? Worth $150? Not even close.

The app is fun and it's nice that Ubisoft are trying to mend the broken hearts they, well, broke. However, I won't be buying this game anytime soon after its release. There are just too many better and non-backstabbing games being released at that time. I need to save my money. I'll buy it, probably, when I can find it cheap and used.

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

Played a bit last night, had a lot of fun too! will definitely play some more.

WhiteTrashGuy

WhiteTrashGuy said:

I am loving this app, and I loved ORIGINS, but I'm still pretty miffed over the delay. Will wait until I can get it for $20 - $30 here in the States.

Wodkalime14

Wodkalime14 said:

I like the challenges app!!!! The challenges are really addictive! The normal levels look great but so far gameplay is exactly the same as Origins. In my opinion its feels more of the same.