Video: Ace Attorney 5 Trailer Shows Its Own Brand of Wacky Courtroom Drama

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

We have no objection

Ace Attorney 5 is now just a few months away from release in Japan, while localisation to the West in confirmed but without a timeline for its arrival. As a result Capcom is firing up the hype train in Japan; we can happily hop on board, albeit with the danger that we have no idea what anyone is saying.

Still, we must say that marketing for games in Japan can seem more interesting than here in the West. There are often more teasers and trailers of significant length, showing off a wide range of features on the way; the latest Ace Attorney 5 video from Capcom follows that trend. It's over three minutes long and shows us some of the attractive cut-scenes, with glimpses of the investigative mode and, of course, courtroom confrontations.

If this is on your wishlist, or even if you're a fan of the DS games that hasn't seen much of the new title, we recommend that you check out the footage below. Besides, you can always learn how to say "Objection!" in Japanese.

[via siliconera.com]

Kirk

Kirk said:

I really think these Phoenix games are of a rare breed that have captured the cel-shaded look almost perfectly.

The 3D cel-shaded graphics are so close to the classic 2D artwork.

Very few "cel-shaded" games actually get the look right but these games really have nailed it.

Lovely stuff.

Jamouse

Jamouse said:

While I doubt it'll be as good as the first four, that trailer has upped my excitement for the game.

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

I've already started re-playing the previous games in anticipation.

I'm currently on of the very best cases in the entire series (or at least I think so, anyway) - Farewell, My Turnabout.

ClockworkMario

ClockworkMario said:

Wow! That was great. I hope they'll localise it quickly.

I couldn't help but notice that it said "Gyakuten Saiban Five " in the trailer. Seemed kinda out of place when the rest of it was in japanese.

psuboy172

psuboy172 said:

This is going to be a preorder game right when the release date's announced. Then I'll wait in anticipation

moroboshi

moroboshi said:

I haven't played a Phoenix Wright game in quite some time, so it will be nice to revisit this great series.

This is quite a year for the 3DS. Nicely timed too, as the regular consoles are pretty much dead now.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

I love how "Noise Level" was in english XD
This game looks seriously stunning!
@Kirk Exactly the fusion has come out perfectly.

BigDaddysPizza

BigDaddysPizza said:

This game looks amazing! I can't wait!
For those who speculate, the game will likely arrive early 2014 for NA and mid 2014 for EU.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

This trailer do its job perfectly...
I was already interested, but now I want this game more than ever!!! @O@

HADAA

HADAA said:

IGIARI!! Why is a high school girl being tried as if she were an adult in court?

@InternetBowser: That's just how the Japanese pronounce it in the entertainment and media industry, be it a movie sequel or a game sequel, numbers are to be read in katakana-English (tsuu, surii, foo, faibu, shikkusu etc.)

Gregor

Gregor said:

I think this title will bring the series the non-gimmicky innovation it needs. Not to mention that those 3D models do not look bad! I always wanted to see more animation in the Pheonix Wright games. And if they seriously have anime cutscenes in this game I will FLIP. MY. DOODOO.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

@link3710 Those free costumes are free for the dates listed in the video. In other words think of them as being similar to a pre-order bonus.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

DLC costumes for an Ace Attorney game? Capcom...

I didn't understand anything else but I'm still super excited.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

Is it just coincidence that both of Phoenix's assistants have been really hot 20-something women, or is he some kind of pervert?

Suzakuryuu

Suzakuryuu said:

@BulbasaurusRex
which assistant are you referring to? O.O
if u're referring to Mia Fey, then u're wrong. Mia is Phoenix's mentor, not assistant
Phoenix's 1st assistant is Maya Fey, she's more to loli type than hot
his 2nd assistant is Ema Skye, also more to loli type

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

@Suzakuryuu I was referring to Maya Fey. I didn't know about Ema Skye, but a quick search on Google Images reveals that she's pretty hot too, although not in the same league as the others.

Suzakuryuu

Suzakuryuu said:

@BulbasaurusRex
Maya is more to Cute than Hot.
and the one u refer to is Ema Skype (Apollo Justice's version, when she already became detective). when she became Phoenix's assistant, she's still cute lil girl :p