Skylanders Giants Toys Munching Their Way Into McDonald's Happy Meals This Month

Posted by Orla Madden

I'll have a Spyro with fries, please

Activision and popular fast-food giant McDonald's have teamed up to bring characters from Skylanders Giants to Happy Meals this month.

Starting this Friday 12th April and running up until the 2nd of May in the US, those who purchase a Happy Meal will receive one of nine character figures. Not only this, but you'll also get a $10 coupon for the Skylanders Giants Starter Pack, which is available for the Wii U, 3DS and Wii.

The figurines are inspired by characters such as Spyro, Gill Grunt, Drobot, Chop Chop, Ignitor, Jet-Vac, Tree Rex, Crusher and Kaos, and include their own play feature — judging by the look of the figures themselves, this will mean a shooting missile or moving arm — don't expect to be able to use these in-game.

The program will roll-out to other countries in the near future, so expect to be bombarded with requests to eat in McDonald's more often.

[via destructoid.com]

Related Games

Squashie

Squashie said:

I'm in the UK, and I don't play Skylanders, however, that's quite a good promotion really!

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

This is an amazing marketing strategy XD
Nintendo seem to have a strong relationship with Activision even if a great deal of their releases are movie cash-ins. I just hope they bring us Destiny.... PLEASE

rjejr

rjejr said:

I only find this funny b/c I just commented yesterday that I hadn't see the Disney Planes movie in a Happy Meal yet.

Really weird timing though as the box is for the old game and not the upcoming one. Guess they wanted 1 last push before Disney Infinity. Which I'll go out on a limb and predict will sell much better than those Planes tie-in games. ;-)

efaulk84

efaulk84 said:

If you want to buy just the toys you can buy just the toys. I don't know how many people know that.

ultraraichu

ultraraichu said:

That's cool. The only time I buy a happy meal is when they have the Pokemon figures.

Thumbs up for video game IP awareness, or more childhood obesity if your a pessimist.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

Too bad you can't use these in game. That would be TRULY appealing for many I'm sure.