Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers Arrives in Europe This Fall

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

NIS America teams up with Atlus

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers is a suitably lengthy name for this first-person dungeon crawling RPG, which offers extensive depth in its adventure. Originally a release on the SEGA Saturn, its new and improved 3DS version is available now in North America and, we're sure, consuming a few lives right now.

Europe has missed out so far, as developer/publisher Atlus rarely brings its titles to both sides of the Atlantic, but the good news is that NIS America — a team that is one of a select group that brings relatively niche titles to the EU — has teamed up with Atlus to complete the necessary localisation. Though no date has been given yet, the publisher has confirmed that Europe will get this title in the Fall season.

If you want an idea of why this should be greeted as fantastic news, check out our detailed and enthusiastic recommendation in our Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers review; you can also check out the North American launch trailer below.

So, how many of you in Europe are excited about this release?

Boukman

Boukman said:

Boukman is not here. He just went out dancing in the street with silly hat on. He looked very happy.

gazamataz

gazamataz said:

It's great news as most atlus games seem to be getting realeased in europe and this has'nt been the case until now :)

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I'm glad to hear you guys are starting to get these quality games. It's about time!! It's a really good game!

mookysam

mookysam said:

That's spooky. I was just looking at trailers for this last night and thought to myself "this'll never be released here". Looking forward to the autumn release. :-) Hopefully it won't be too long a wait for Shin Megami Tensei IV, either.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

Great news. I won't have time to play so many good games and that is taking into account that I'm not going to play pokemon x/y nor animal crossing.

Synbios

Synbios said:

Awesome. :D I only just yesterday was asking for this in another thread (signed up to this site just to do so in fact) and now it's official. So yeah, thanks! :D

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

@Doma I'm pretty sure Summer was confirmed in a recent Nintendo Direct, and NIS America re-iterated that in the same press release that announced this Soul Hackers release in Fall :)

Deathgaze

Deathgaze said:

I contacted their support and they said Australian retailers will have physical copies.

Score.

GameLord08

GameLord08 said:

Never tried the Shin Megami Tensei franchise before, but it's been peaking my interest lately. If I'm not already overloaded this year, I might pick this up.