SEGA Still Not Talking About Aliens: Colonial Marines On Wii U

Posted by Orla Madden

No news is good news?

Aliens: Colonial Marines is one of those games that may never see the light of day on the Wii U — many of you may not be bothered at this stage about its status, but it's still a pity nonetheless.

As we all know, the game was scheduled for release in the Wii U launch window, which technically ended on the 31st March — five days ago. You can already see where this is going, right?

SEGA declined to comment — as it has done previously — on the game's progression when questioned by GameSpot:

Still no comment on ACM, sorry!

We reported yesterday that SEGA had admitted that the trailer for Aliens: Colonial Marines was misleading, after a Reddit user reported it to the Advertising Standards Agency.

It's a shame that the whole thing is such a mess, but will we ever see it launch on the Wii U? More importantly, does anyone even care any more? Let us know your thoughts by dropping a comment below.

[via uk.gamespot.com]

MAB

MAB said:

When you release a shooter on PS360 make sure it's better then COD otherwise you will be rubbished on ;)

RadioShadow

RadioShadow said:

Minus the cool Soinc reference, I've heard nothing but bad things about this game.

No big lose really.

Will-75

Will-75 said:

It's such a shame this title turned out like it did it could have been an epic online multiplayer if only the right team could of been working on this title , It was a awesome concept .

NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee said:

And to think, I was seriously thinking of buying this game when I got a Wii U, that is until I heard the reviews for it :p

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

This game is starting to become like an old wound that never goes away. Come on, SEGA, just say it's cancelled or whatever already so we can all move on.

SwissChris

SwissChris said:

I care and I am still waiting...4 years of development this was supposed to be soooo epic :D I hope SEGA sues the hell out of Gearbox for taking their money and investing it in other games...

In the meantime I have logged over 130 hours on Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, I need more alien shooters for the WiiU!!

TreesenHauser

TreesenHauser said:

If it eventually does release to better review scores than what's already out there, I'll try it. Otherwise, Gearbox can kiss my tushie for lying to Sega.

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

I cannot understand why, if the game is finished, Sega don't just say so. They can always release the game on eshop download only, thus avoiding the costs in publishing & distribution. If tiny developers such as Tomorrow Corporation can publish on eshop (and make money) then it cannot cost much.

At least then we can get a copy of the game and see how stinky (or not) it is!

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

They've made themselves look so clumsy with all of this mess..."More importantly, does anyone even care any more?" Doubt it.

TheEmerlLad

TheEmerlLad said:

Here's an idea, Sonic 06 and ACM in a bundle pack, with all errors, AI mechanics, Graphics, and bugs fixed.

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

Why would we want a game to arrive on Wii U that is Sega's most broken game since Sonic 06? Give me one good reason.

hydeks

hydeks said:

I'ld prefer if people asked SEGA when's the next Sonic game coming out, I'm more interested in that than this :P The game has gotten such bad rep that what lil wanting of this game I did have, is now completely obliterated. Focus on bringing good games to the Wii U, cancel this.

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

They are not commenting about the game because this probably ruined their and Gearboxs reputation.

SunnyShores

SunnyShores said:

If i was sega, gearbox or demiurge, i would be using this time to vamp the Wii U version up. make it the ultimate edition of the game and at least try to get it right. that could be what is happening. they could be trying to fix the game up a bit, add features so they can release the new version on the Wii U. though i have lost interest in the game.

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

This is one port the wiiu can do without!! Such a waste of a good licence.

Neram

Neram said:

So now it's not just current multiplatform games that aren't being released alongside Wii U, but it's actually games that were already announced for it that are being held back too?

There is no hope for thrid-party support on Wii U.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

If it does release on the Wii U, I can't wait to see NL's review to find out if the Wii U version is better or if it's just as bad as or worse than the other versions.

JAPBOO

JAPBOO said:

Could anyone provide what are the major things that make this game so bad? I didnt read reviews but know the scores are low, just wondering because I hear some people actually played it and enjoyed it.

Sir_Deadly

Sir_Deadly said:

I am guessing this game is scrapped for the Wii U because of the horrible reviews it got :( !

MiNiStRy

MiNiStRy said:

Loved the aliens. Series at the movies and am really hoping we get the definitive version somewhere down the track.

SwissChris

SwissChris said:

It's looking a lot better on the PC with the 4GB patch....please SEGA please just shut up and take my money :D

Gameday

Gameday said:

All i can do is laugh at this game. Played the full game campaign and some multi and in the end im like really this is it ? No wonder the game didnt come out for wii u. So many people that are waiting for this game i really want to hear their end result when they get what they want finally if ever. Lol and none of that buyers remorse ! Be real and say what you feel ha

SwissChris

SwissChris said:

Check metacritic, EGM gave this game 90% for the XBox360 and Guardian gave it 80% for PC...sure all the other review are god awful but there's still hope :D I will definitely still buy this if it comes out for the WiiU...