Sam Fisher Shows Off His Abilities In This New Splinter Cell Blacklist Trailer

Posted by Damien McFerran

Stalking the shadows

Ubisoft has unleashed a new trailer for Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist which showcases Sam Fisher's impressive selection of unique abilities.

The game launches on Nintendo's system in August. The Wii U edition will offer all the features of its current-gen siblings, but will come with exclusive Wii U GamePad features, too.

Will you be adding it to your shopping list? Post a comment to tell us.

rjejr

rjejr said:

2 things -

Is that "Nintendo Life" beginning new? I don't remember ever seeing it before.

At the end of the video it has PS3, Xbox360 and PC DVD but I didn't see WiiU. I even paused it to look. Is it an old video?

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

@rjejr Yup, it's a new ident we're going to be using :)

This is a brand new video, released today. Not sure why the Wii U version wasn't included, but we obviously know it's coming to the console.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

I wonder if the PS3 or Wii U version will be better. Are they developing this for the PS4 and Nextbox as well?

rjejr

rjejr said:

@Damo "but we obviously know it's coming to the console."

Coming like Aliens Colonial Marines or like Rayman Legends? ;-)

Sorry, rhetorical question jerk reflex kicked in there.

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

The Splinter Cell games had some of the most interesting multiplayer around years back. I haven't played one of the entries since Chaos Theory but maybe I should get back into the series.

xwolf7

xwolf7 said:

This looks great!!, time to get back into the series since double agent.

Lopezdm

Lopezdm said:

It looks pretty bad ass, the cqc is spot on. This IP has changed for the better over the years. It makes you feel bad ass when you take out 5 people and walk away like it was nothing. I still might hold off until the reviews come out though I have little time to play games and I don't really need another game gathering dust.

AtomicToaster

AtomicToaster said:

So the plot is he's going up against terrorists that are mad that the american government took their land and resources. Ugggggh! These games aren't my thing!

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@Pixelroy Same. I know it's going to have language. If that's all it has, maybe I'll find out if it has voice volume before actually buying it. Not interested in listening to S and F bombs right and left. :P

mikeyman64

mikeyman64 said:

I've been a big SC fan since the first one came out on GameCube. This one's a must for my library. I'm most excited about the mention of bringing a bit of the old taste back into the series.