Resident Evil Revelations Demo to Sneak up on the Wii U eShop

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Quite a revelaiton

Resident Evil Revelations isn't far away from its Wii U release, aiming to claw at us and eat our brains — though the enemies aren't actually zombies, so maybe just the clawing part — in May. Of course if you own a 3DS you could play the game right now, and it's a stand-out title on the handheld; if you're rocking a Wii U and want the full big screen HD experience, however, it may be on your radar.

Capcom wants to show us what we have to look forward to with a demo, which is apparently coming to the Wii U eShop pretty soon; no firm release date has been given. It sounds like it'll cover the very start of the game, as Jill Valentine and her well-bearded colleague — so memorable that his name doesn't immediately spring to mind — arrive at the spooky Queen Zenobia, a large luxury cruise-liner that is delightfully reminiscent of a mansion when on board.

To further raise awareness about this HD re-release, Capcom has also released the first part of a series of developer video diaries, with the first entry focusing on the heritage and horror of the franchise. While the most recent numbered titles have moved further away from the creepier aspects of the older games, fans of frights should be pleased to know that Revelations includes a decent amount of tension and the odd bit of genuine horror.

Check out the video below, and let us know whether you'll be rushing to grab the demo with it arrives on the eShop.

Wonder_Ideal

Wonder_Ideal said:

I see what you did there with the subtitle. If you hadn't made that joke, I was certainly going to. :D

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Well I might get the Wii U version since I traded in my 3DS copy to get MHU.

Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589 said:

Hopefully the demo is different from the 3DS version at least in my opinion. Also I already pre-ordered this game for Wii U for $25 as part of Best Buy's Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off sale back a couple months ago.

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

Played the hell out of this on my 3DS and will soon do the same on my WiiU. If MH3U lets me of course.

Sonicfan11589

Sonicfan11589 said:

sorry to post a 3rd time, I have really enjoyed this on 3DS, I KNOW for a fact I clocked in more time in Raid Mode than the Story mode.

Yosher

Yosher said:

I was going to buy it anyway, but I'll definetely try the demo first too when it comes out!

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

@Ideal_Hero Imagine if it happens again?

I would download the demo and see how it feels. I got too comfortable on Revelations for the 3DS.

ferthepoet

ferthepoet said:

I have not played the game but I think getting a home console port is a huge accomplishment for a handheld title can't remember any other case, it's always the other way around

RedRocBoy

RedRocBoy said:

Got it on my 3DS, but I'm Resi fanatic so I got strategy guide and the game preordered from Amazon. Can't freakin wait!

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

How can you not remember Parker? Out of all the new characters he was just about the only one that wasn't HORRENDOUSLY ANNOYING. XD

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

The Revelations demo was good enough that I got the game, but I couldn't stand the demo of RE5 on the PS3. The controls were scarier than the monsters! The game itself wasn't scary at all though.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I remember when the 3DS version of this game had the title mispelled on the box. I was reminded of this when I saw the headline description of this article poking fun about that sorry mishap and it seems many others in this comment section remember that as well!

JSuede

JSuede said:

@WhoBeThat That whole, 30 uses thing confuses me. Once you use them up, I think you can just re-download it......so why bother with the limit at all?

I will definitely check out the demo, this version will probably be the best considering it has the second touch screen. 360 and PS3 don't, so it is going to be less streamlined. If I like it (and Nintendo doesn't announce W101 for a very soon release.....it is still technically a Q2 game after all) I'll pick it up, hopefully on the cheap.

Azikira

Azikira said:

His name is Parker Luciani, and he is the best resident evil character since Barry Burton!

NINTENBOY

NINTENBOY said:

Getting the Demo ASAP along with the game later on when I can. I love Resident Evil and I LOVE that these developers FINALLY understand the importance of horror in the game. Which they should because that's what Resident Evil the household name in the first place!!

Sun

Sun said:

@Thomas Whitehead: 'so memorable that his name doesn't immediately spring to mind'.
Parker is a great character, sorry about your memory.

Sun

Sun said:

I have the 3DS version and I will pick up the HD version as well, it's not that there are lots of good Resident Evil games lately.

HADAA

HADAA said:

@JSuede: It doesn't work that way. Demo usages are recorded in your system, so even if you re-download again it will still show "Uses remaining: 0" and won't let you play. The only way for your plan to work is to reformat the system memory.

Ras

Ras said:

@ferthepoet Not that it matters to your point, but the GTA Stories games were PSP first and then PS2. It's still not too common.

I'll give the demo a try. I think I like the idea of this better on a console than a handheld, but we'll have to see.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

I played the demo but I never got around to buying it for the 3DS. Should I get it or should I hold out until it comes out for the Wii U? Also, I'm facing the same situation with Donkey Kong Country Returns; I never bought it for the Wii and now it's coming out for the 3DS.

JSuede

JSuede said:

@WhoBeThat @HADAA Ah, that makes sense. I haven't used up all 30 plays on any demo I've downloaded so that explains that.

And honestly, if playing the demo 30 times isn't enough you might as well buy the game. I remember playing the Too Human demo a ton but idk if I played it 30 times before I bought it. I liked that game, even with all of its problems. It's a shame they couldn't get the trilogy made because I'm sure they would have fixed the issues. :-