Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies Coming To Europe This Year

Posted by Andy Green

North America will have to wait until 2014

While today's 3DS-focused Nintendo Direct revealed a few titles that we didn't know about, there were a few pieces of information on those we most definitely do know exist.

One of those titles was Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies, which is the last game in the prequel trilogy. We can now confirm that Europe can get its puzzle fix this year, while North America will unfortunately need to wait until 2014.

Launched in Japan in February, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies sees Hershel Layton travel the world with his assistants Emmy and Luke as he attempts to solve the riddles of the ancient Azran civilisation. Naturally, the game features a new set of puzzles - more than 500 according to Nintendo.

There's no concrete date yet for the Level 5 puzzler, but we'll be sure to keep you posted about any further developments.

What are your thoughts on Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies? Will you be picking up a copy when it gets released? Let us know in the comments section below.

DRLAdmin

DRL said:

Only bummer of the entire Nintendo Direct was learning that North America would have to wait until next year to wrap up their Layton adventures. Most certainly one of my most anticipated games.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

definitely getting this game from the eShop. glad that it is coming out next year because I have enough stuff to get this year that I don`t need too many games to buy.

Wildvine53

Wildvine53 said:

Considering Europe is getting this by the end of this year, I'm hoping that means we'll have it by February 2014.

gefflt

gefflt said:

More than 500 puzzles? I'm guessing that includes the daily, downloadable ones (which I believe are making a comeback).

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

I think I should get and finish Miracle Mask before I get this one in the installment because I couldnt just say good-bye to Layton on my first his game in his series. That would be kinda sad.

DonnaxNL

DonnaxNL said:

I hope it comes exactly a year after the Miracle Mask (when all the Daily Puzzles are being pushed), so I can directly play further with this game :P

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

Yes! :D Prof. Layton and the Miracle Mask is currently the most played game on my 3DS (60 hours and counting, I've beaten the main game but there's all the daily download puzzles too :) ) so this'll be a day one buy for me. Absolutely love this series, they've all been great so far.

Rocko52

Rocko52 said:

Damn, wish Azran Legacies would release at the same time here in America...

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

Day one from the eShop, for sure. But could they please announce PLvAA? I'm very tired of waiting anxiously at this point. That game was the number one reason I got a 3DS in the first place, no joke.

KodyWB-98

KodyWB-98 said:

Though we still may receive PL vs AA this year, I'm still sad that us Americans will have to wait until next year. :(