Poster Hints At An Eevee-Themed 3DS XL Set For Japan Next Month

Posted by Orla Madden

What? Eevee is evolving?

At the start of the week, we reported that a new Pokémon-themed 3DS XL would be available in Japan in May to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the Pokémon Center stores.

It was rumoured that the handheld would feature the 133rd Pokémon in the Pokédex, Eevee; and to add further speculation, wild posters have appeared in Pokémon Center outlets across Japan, which can be seen below.

The image above is courtesy of a NeoGAF user who visited one of the stores this week.

The new 3DS XL design is set to be revealed on the 15th May, so we'll have to wait and see exactly how it'll shape up. Anyone care to predict what the console will look like? We'd love to hear your thoughts, so please share them in the comment section below.

[via nintendoeverything.com, neogaf.com]

connicron

connicron said:

If you buy the normal 3ds and have it for other a year does it evolve into a Jolteon?

dudey300Staff

dudey300 said:

I'm going to throw a very wild guess, and say that there will be a 3DS XL for each of the Eeveelutions. Only basing it on how the poster suggests that Eevee is evolving.

A more realistic prediction is all of the Eeveelutions feature on the one 3DS XL.

Xtremetdifan

Xtremetdifan said:

It will probably promote the newest eevee evolution while still paying tribute to older evolutions

Demmi-Alpha

Demmi-Alpha said:

I would assume this is an advertisement for the new Eevee evolution, Sylveon. I'm probably wrong though, considering how old that news is.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

@dudey300 wouldnt that mean they wont be releasing a second new eeveelution this gen? Well they still have some time to reveal the last one if thats the case

Rod64

Rod64 said:

While the Americas still have Ugly Blue and Childish Red as the only available colors.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

That could help me to upgrade from my Ambassador Cosmo Black 3DS.

Actually, I would keep that one and add this 3DS XL if it is nice looking and it gets released outside of Japan. You need two systems to transfer mons anyway. I would love to see it in a bundle, with X or Y preinstalled.

Joe1113

Joe1113 said:

You know what I immediately thought when i saw this picture? It looks like eevee's evolving in the new game. I mean if you think about it, there have been 2d pictures of all the 6th gen pokemon released so far, so maybe theyre still incorporating the 2d sprites somehow; with evolution as one way of them doing it.

@Tysonoftime The reason for it looking weird may be that its a newly drawn 2d sprite of eevee

skjia

skjia said:

@TysonOfTime I've never seen a real Eevee so I couldn't say. :P jk

@Rod64 Hey! We also have Pink ... Oh I see your point. lol. Yeah I would really like some more 3DS XL colors over here.

Skeet102

Skeet102 said:

hope this comes to america. if i ever decide to upgrade to 3ds xl, this would be the one.

stefenjc

stefenjc said:

Im guessing, These 3DS XL Limited edition will bundle up with Pokemon X&Y for Nintendo of America. Cause I can tell these wont be coming to America in a while. Just like how the Pikachu 3DS XL did.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

Boy, Eevee sure has been getting a lot of love lately, not that I'm complaining. I hope they do some sort of fur pattern for it instead of sticking it's face on it though, I think it'd look much nicer that way.

Rensch

Rensch said:

There's a new evolution of Eevee that was revealed a few months ago called Sylveon. Perhaps it makes an appearance too.

Chobi

Chobi said:

That's such a weird pick. I mean Eevee? Don't get me wrong Eevee's a fine Pokemon. But why? I can understand the Charizard XL. Because he's a fan favorite of the classic Pokemon. And then you have the Pikachu XL. But that's only because she's the mascot of the series.

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

i'd buy it if it comes to NA....hopefully if it does come here it will be bundled with X&Y and then I'll finally have a Pokemon XL. Would love it if the charizard one came here but i doubt it ever will.