No Plans From Nintendo For Renovated Consoles In Europe

Posted by Orla Madden

The service is exclusive to North America

We reported yesterday that Nintendo was now selling refurbished 3DS and DSi systems direct from its official online store in the US.

Some of you were hoping to see the same service from Nintendo of Europe, but it has been confirmed that the option won't be coming across the Atlantic. A Nintendo UK representative told Eurogamer the following:

We currently have no plans and have made no announcements for this type of activity in Europe.

It's a shame for European consumers, seeing as you'd be getting a second hand console at a decent price that's tried and tested to meet Nintendo's standards. Perhaps in the future, but for now EU Nintendo gamers can only hope.

What are your thoughts on this, Europeans? Were you hoping for the same options as our friends across the pond? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section.

[via eurogamer.net]

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

That's a shame. As I recall, NoA has something of a better history in general when it comes to replacement parts and things though.

by the way, you've cropped the article preview a bit short on the homepage

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

Well, I already have a perfectly fine 3DS, so this doesn't really bother me right now but yes; that is indeed a shame. Having the option would be nice for some of us EU gamers.

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Its a shame that they are not bring it here. If my 3ds does break, I still have my toad 3ds as backup (still not sure if I should sell it or not XD).

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Okay, now what about the buy-three-get-one deal coming to the US? Still waiting on that one...

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Unfortunately, my experience with Nintendo is that outside the US (and, I assume, Japan) the services they offer are very limited.

It's a shame, as a couple of times I've wanted to order replacement parts in Australia but there isn't an online store to order from like the one in the US.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Why is the word "refurbished" in the article translated to "renovated" in the title? It that a UK/EU/Irish thing? I only ask b/c I read the title 3 times before it clicked. I've been reading a lot about renovations lately due to superstorm Sandy so I thought Nintendo was redoing their UK hq or offices or something.