Nintendo Set To Host Mysterious 3DS Event In A Couple Of Weeks

Posted by Orla Madden

What will it include?

Nintendo is planning to host an all day 3DS event in just a couple of weeks in San Francisco for selected members of the press, ourselves included naturally.

Major titles arriving in the coming weeks include Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and the hotly anticipated Animal Crossing: New Leaf, so we can only assume that these titles will be playable for attendees of the event.

No other hints were given regarding the showcase; information is being kept under wraps. Perhaps new titles may be shown, but with it being so close to E3, it's unlikely that'll happen.

What are your thoughts on this? What do you reckon this mysterious 3DS event will be about? Let us know your thoughts by posting in the comments section below.

Peach64

Peach64 said:

All day event doesn't sound news related to me. News comes out of a press conference or announcement videos. This sounds more like something where press can go play games in development. Would love to be wrong and see some new games announced though!

nastobi123

nastobi123 said:

3ds XL Ver.2 with 2 Analogs, 2 Front Cameras, 2 Screens, 2 Shoulder buttons, 2 Eyes to Play 3D and MORE. This is a special offer only today so buy now and get one free.

Squashie

Squashie said:

Yum! I hope there will be more New Leaf news! Unbelievably excited for that one!

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

probably just going to have 3DS games to play, maybe a contest and hopefully some release dates for mario golf, mario & luigi dream team and maybe another game. i just hope there is something in this for people who can't attend this event...like maybe a mii.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

Lots of speculation, but I just hope it's something good! They've really got my curiosity aroused now...

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

Super Mario Sunshine 3D? More footage of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team? A new 3DS-exclusive Zelda? Kirby on 3DS? Games from third party companies like a new 3DS Sonic or Mutant Mudds 2?

WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret said:

I'm excited, but at the same time not expecting any big surprises. E3 is almost just around the corner after all.

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

If Nintendo wants to hold a mysterious 3DS event, then I say why not hold it at a place like Nintendo World Store in New York. It only makes sense imo, unless they decide to do it from NOA headquarters, then that's OK. I just want to see if Miiverse shows up sometime soon for 3DS this time, if not then we wait until E3 2013.

SammyOfMobius

SammyOfMobius said:

All titles for Super Mario main series games coming out this year and next year:
New Super Luigi U
New Super Mario Bros. 3: Nostalgia Strikes Back! Again! Again! Again! Again!
New Super Mario Bros. 4: Yeah, we're really running out of Ideas.
New Super Mario Bros. 5: We just fooled you into buying the same game again!
New Super Mario Bros. 6: Yep... you people must really hate us now.

rjejr

rjejr said:

Shouldn't Nintendo be spending more time focusing on the WiiU than the 3DS?

The 3DS has DKCR3D dated for May, AC:NL dated for June and Pokemon X+Y dated for Oct. The WiiU has a bunch of TBAs and a Gamecube remake in "autumn".

SirQuincealot

SirQuincealot said:

@rjejr no they should focus on both, welcome to the launch period for a new console, new games are few and far between at first, so dont expect much wii u stuff happening untill in needs to (christmas)

Romeo

Romeo said:

hopefully they'll announce something that's so amazingly good that it'll make me happy

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Probably playable versions of upcoming games, but perhaps new localization confirmations.

Romeo

Romeo said:

well, it has to be an extremely amazing announcement!
then im sure i would be able to be happy

DarkNinja9

DarkNinja9 said:

hmm maybe miiverse or more new 3ds apps? i doubt it hmmm maybe some new list of demos that they still not finish making idk.. =[

-Crystalline-

-Crystalline- said:

Please, and I mean PLEASE go back to the old-school Zelda formula, Ninty :( Give us a new Zelda title full of greatness, once more!

I hope they release the oracle games on the eShop as well. That and the ambassador GBA titles :3 It's not much too ask, now is it? ;)

Would love to see some new rpg coming to the system too.

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

We probably aren't getting some crazy, crazy stuff announced but I probably won't get shocked if we at least get a new release or two announced or(hoping for) Miiverse 3DS like others have mentioned above.

DarkKirby

DarkKirby said:

You know what's not going to happen? 2nd Circle Pad built into the 3DS and a battery life that isn't terrible.

=(

Lalivero

Lalivero said:

^ Why the sad face about that? I would snap up one of those in a heartbeat if it means not having to use a rather unattractive attachment for games that make use of it.

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I wouldn't speculate a major annoucement of a new game. It sounds like it's mainly just more information and perhaps footage of this summer's coming titles like Mario Golf and Mario & Luigi.

ChrisT99

ChrisT99 said:

All I want is three things:

• Miiverse on 3DS
  • Miiverse on Web
  • Nintendo eShop on Web
Emaan

Emaan said:

Perhaps Miiverse on 3DS I suppose, and news on upcoming games.

Also, the fact that this article says "in the coming weeks" and "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" in the same sentence makes me so excited! :D

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

Crossing my fingers now and beginning to chant: "Silver / Black 3DS XL. Silver / Black 3DS XL..."

If I do this continuously for two weeks, it will surely happen.

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

Hmm....I'm curious as to what they are planning on showing during this "secret" event. They could show one or two secret titles and save the rest of the surprises for E3.

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

Zelda 3DS
Zelda Oracle Series
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Bros 4
MiiVerse
XL Cradle + Circle Pad Pro

Captain_Balko

Captain_Balko said:

@ClassicSonicFan Oh, wait, you forgot to mention Mario and the Black Knight and Mario Unleashed, where Mario turns into a werewolf... Oh wait? I distinctly remember another beloved video game hero (cough cough blue blur) getting dragged through that mess...

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor said:

I wonder... any news should be exciting, though. I'm still dying for Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

GamerZack87

GamerZack87 said:

I kinda figured we'd be seeing a Nintendo 3DSi pocket Light Color Advance SP micro lite XL mini this year. :)

DJDALLYDEE

DJDALLYDEE said:

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I would rather have a mystery Wii U event...

GreenDream

GreenDream said:

Nintendo will announce that every time you open up your 3DS, a picture of yourself is sent to Nintendo HQ, then sent to Facebook, to upload crazy photos of you without you knowing it. >8D

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Something big enough to get hype going for E3 may not be the worst idea.
Could just be a new remodel of the 3DS though, who knows.

FOURSIDE_BOY

FOURSIDE_BOY said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET IT BE ZELDA!!!!! I'm just crossing my fingers hoping they will add at the end: "Oh yeah, by the way, we saved the best for last: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA (INSERT TITLE HERE) 3D!!!!!, and it will launch on september XX". AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!