Nintendo Direct: Watch The European 3DS Presentation Live

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Live at 3PM UK time

Today at 3PM UK time, Nintendo Europe will be broadcasting a 3DS-themed Nintendo Direct. You can watch the entire thing live on this very page, and as always we'll be providing textual commentary as events unfold.

What exciting news could be contained within? Are the rumours of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask being re-released true? Will we see any of the Guild02 games unveiled? What retail and eShop treats does Nintendo have lined up for 2013?

Keep your eyeballs glued to this page to find out in a little while. In the meantime, feel free to speculate in the comments section below.

If you found your way here and you're in North America, you can switch over to live coverage of your event right here.

Live Text - Updates will load here automatically, no need to refresh the page.

15:53

Nintendo certainly went big at the end of those broadcasts, what did you think?

15:42

Well well, we're going to write this up.

15:41

Link can turn to paper, some fantastic looking puzzles, comes late 2013. Oh my.

15:40

It's a new Zelda title for 3DS, no remakes here!

15:39

This year for Bravely Default in Europe.

15:39

Oh gosh, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy trailer is being shown in Europe

15:38

Professor Layton's final title is coming to Europe this year.

15:36

Over 400 demons to find, yikes.

15:36

Shin Megami Tensei IV is next up, so bring your hardcore hats...

15:36

All three Guild02 titles are coming to the European eShop soon.

15:35

Attack of the Friday Monsters, despite previous doubts, is coming to Europe.

15:35

The Starship Damrey being shown, all three Guild02 titles coming to Europe!

15:34

May 30th for both Zelda GBC titles.

15:33

Zelda Oracle of Ages & Seasons Coming to 3DS VC (Europe) in May.

15:31

There's the Animal Crossing Special Edition 3DS XL bundle, coming to Europe June 14th.

15:30

Shibata-san has a Majora's Mask poster in his Animal Crossing room...

15:29

Now we're seeing plenty of footage. Including the dream suite, to visit other towns from friends via wi-fi. Up to three others can visit each other locally at the same time, too.

15:27

Lots of Animal Crossing social networking sites now being advertised.

15:26

LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins now being shown in Europe.

15:25

We now have Europe-specific details. The Champion DLC Pack for Fire Emblem: Awakening will be reduced for the first month.

15:23

Earthbound is coming to Europe this year, holy moly.

15:23

Oh, he's talking about Mother 2...

15:22

And best of all, the Virtual Console begins with next week's update.

15:21

Wii U Panorama views will be £1.79 each the day after the system update.

15:20

Wii U Panorama View is part of the system update.

15:19

The Wii U Spring System update arrives next week. Speeding up the operating system, allowing transfer between USB drives, hit B to go to Wii Mode when it's booting up, games will automatically install while you're playing other games.

15:18

We're seeing plenty of Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move now. It looks neat, and arrives on the eShop on 9th May.

15:16

Classic Yoshi's Island action there, some really attractive backgrounds.

15:15

Oh snap, we have a new Yoshi's Island game coming to 3DS!

15:13

DK Country Returns 3D - There are green balloons to stay out of pits, and portable DK barrels to get junior in on the action.

15:12

We're onto Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. The New Mode is being detailed, with an extra life heart to accommodate handheld players.

15:11

New Super Luigi U is scheduled to arrive this summer.

15:10

The world map is exactly the same, but all 82 stages have been changed for the Wii U eShop expansion.

15:09

And now we're onto New Super Luigi U

15:08

Mario Party on 3DS is due this winter in Europe.

15:08

Plenty of variety in the mini-games, with 81 in total. Some will even use AR cards.

15:07

Seven boards in this Party game, each with themes and specific rules.

15:07

It's a new Mario Party for 3DS, nice.

15:06

Online, community and local multiplayer are all in. Online rules can be set for normal rules, tournaments with specific characters.

15:05

Communities, similar to those in Mario Kart 7, confirmed for Mario Golf: World Tour.

15:05

Mario Golf details are up, emphasis on worldwide online play.

15:03

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. Hits Europe on 12th July.

15:02

Some cool looking battles, the visuals look promising.

15:02

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team story background, begins on Pi'iilo island. Peach is kidnapped, of course.

15:01

Satoru Iwata starts with Mario and Luigi, of course.

14:55

If Iwata-san isn't wearing a hat of some description, we'll be disappointed.

14:49

Ten minutes, so last call for drinks and comfort breaks. Down with logic, up with hype!

14:33

Moving away from wacky predictions, today should at least bring key release dates.

14:26

Myself and Mr Wahlgren have spoken about our dreams of a surprise 2D Metroid, but the odds must be pretty long on that one (Tom)

14:22

An obvious prediction after the latest rumour is Majora's Mask 3D, so let's just get that one out of the way (Tom)

14:19

With the countdown continuing, let's have some wild predictions for the EU...

13:59

Only an hour to go, are you ready?

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

I always enjoy these nintendo directs. If the majoras mask rumour is true then ill be one happy camper!

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

I'm at work... might be able to read the updates but I'd prefer to listen to it later in full.... that aint happening I'm gonna be reading it as it goes :) Everyone else though, enjoy! I'll be reading everything.

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

I highly doubt they'll announce another Zelda remake with WW HD coming up for the Wii U. I'd love to hear about some new titles though. At the same time, I don't expect a lot of announcements for new games out of this one. Still looking forward to it though.

seronja

seronja said:

i wish there will be some news of a new metroid or f-zero =D or any news about zelda ( new or any remake ) would make me happy too =)

Fudgewhizzle

Fudgewhizzle said:

I'm hoping for a new Metroid or Zelda title... or something completely new. That would be even better. I love Nintendo's existing IPs, but it would be nice to see some new ones.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I keep my expectations low when it comes to Nintendo Directs, that way literally any games they mention is a bonus. I do hope for some laughs though :D

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

Will watch it later after work.
My guess is they will probably be confirming release dates for already announced titles and some new trailers for games still a little while away - Zelda oracle games (VC), Etrian Odyssey IV, Mario Golf, Luigi RPG, DK Country returns, Mario Vs DK [arcade-puzzle game], and Flipnote/animation utility (which, given my complete lack of artistic ability, i'm not personallyt interested in).

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

F-Zero

Treasure's new project

Guild 02's Monsters Come out on Friday.

I want these.

KodaSmooss

KodaSmooss said:

As usual I prefer to keep my expectations low. So only release dates and details for upcoming titles. Anything new-never-heard-of is, of course, a welcome addition.

Scollurio

Scollurio said:

I really hope nintendo can get the hype wagon and sales going for Wii U as it did with 3DS. Seriously, 3DS this year is occupying most of my gaming-time. Topping my 360 and even my PC by far in total time played.

rodaco

rodaco said:

Really hoping for some Zelda news, though I'm already pleased Oracle's games are on their way to europe.

THENAMESNORM

THENAMESNORM said:

I'm hoping of a firm release date for GBC zelda's, gba vc games and a huse sale for retail download software!

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

What are the odds of a Pikmin 3 release date? I know this is tailored to the 3ds but they would struggle not to mention the Wii U at some point.
I'm expecting Guild 02, Mario Golf, that Luigi dream game and 3d miiverse. Hopefully we will get some third party reveals and some localisation confirmations.

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

While I never had the chance to play MM on the gamecube, I'd much rather have a 3DS original Zelda title.

trossy998

trossy998 said:

3ds firmware and miiverse that comes with it more info on pokemon x and whos forgoten about that virtuel sensor for the wii that detects the heartbeat within the game i wouldnt mind nintendo id intergration as this is seperate from mii verse which was ment to come out on janurary 29th :P

McRokert

McRokert said:

If after today Majora's Mask wont be announced im gonna give up on that tho.. But lets hope for also things like updates like an off play support for Lego City.. I find it really strange that it doesnt support that :(

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

@Arcamenel Your letters are upside down XD
I love MM but I agree, unless they are making the Hero of time games into a 3ds trilogy using the new engine and graphics.

trossy998

trossy998 said:

yeah i got that game what is funny though zombie u doesnt have full on online multiplayer and lobbys that would of been nice with the pro controller :)

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

I'll do what I normally do and that's to not hope for anything. Then any news will be intriguing at least.

trossy998

trossy998 said:

theres a wii u annoucment proberly to do with the update thats coming out next week for it :)

Cesco

Cesco said:

Neo geo games available for the 3DS virtual console... hehehe....

Morph

Morph said:

Bravely default announcement and majoras mask, maybe even layton vs phoenix wright

Cesco

Cesco said:

I'm just hoping to see someone announcing a limited edition of the 3DS XL with Animal crossing bundled together

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

For once I'm live-texting this with a respectably fast internet connection. I'm hoping this will go well...

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

This year of Luigi has really led to too many Mario games. Mario+Luigi, Mario Golf, Mario Party. I mean seriously Nintendo, where are the Metroid/Zelda games?

trossy998

trossy998 said:

yes yoshis island 3 ive been waiting for a true sequel as the ds one wasnt that good :)

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

@LuigiMan200 - Nintendo can do better than just Mario games. Criticism is just.

Yoshi's Island game is good news though - not a fan of the graphic style though.

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

@Geonjaha - I agree on the Yoshi Island game. It looks a bit off and little stiff in Yoshi's animations but I imagine it'll look better upon release.

Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur said:

To be honest, I don't care about Animal Crossing, just get to the end so I can be disappointed about no Majora's Mask...

luminalace

luminalace said:

OMG new Zelda game set in the world of Link to the Past and Earthbound too. Wow I'm really happy.

Ducutzu

Ducutzu said:

Wow, this presentation was amazing!

So many 3DS games to be excited about.

And the system update for the Wii U!

DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi said:

Hmmm, a new Zelda for the 3DS, seems to be inspired by Link to the Past. Never made it far in the SNES game so I'll definitely be getting this.

Gah, so many 3DS games this year!

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

Gosh...that blew my mind on so many levels, so many times O.O
What a presentation...
The support for the 3DS is simply overwhelming.
I only wished, that the WiiU Would also get that much attention. But the Update looks very promising, and you cant top a worldwide release of earthbound ;)

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

When I saw the Woodcutters Hut, I thought it was a 3D remake of Link to the Past but a brand new game is even better. Well played Nintendo. What a fantastic Nintendo Direct, so many titles and exciting news.

gavn64

gavn64 said:

ZELDA :') that submerging into the wall's mechanic look's amazing thanks nintendo you are collectively "THE MAN"

XXIV

XXIV said:

...Wait, I don't understand. EUROPE GETS BD FIRST? DOES NOT COMPUTE, DOES NOT COMPUTE!

THENAMESNORM

THENAMESNORM said:

brilliant presentation, and great to see that nintendo listened to everyone(myself included) that posted on MiiVerse to get Earthbound released everywhere else! It's just a shame they haven't listened about Fire Emblem!

Henmii

Henmii said:

So I didn't watch for nothing! Awesome new footage of the upcoming Mario and Luigi, a awesome looking Yoshi's island, Earthbound coming to Europe (this is a miracle if you ask me), and at the end the new Zelda!!!

What do you guys think of the new Zelda? I am not entirely sold on the graphics yet, but it is top-down and it's a follow-up to Alttp (wich many people will love). Though I saw some Chu chus! And it's coming this year (at least where I live, in Europe)! By the way, the wallpainting move looked cool!

Trikeboy

Trikeboy said:

Fingers crossed that there will be a 3D remake of Link to the Past published along with the new game, similar to when they released Ocarina of Time Master Quest with Wind Waker.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Wow! I'm mindblown! :D Bravely Default is coming & seemingly without any English voice acting. Earthbound! New "sequel" to LoZ: ALttP & all the GUILD02 games :D I can hardly remember all the awesome titles coming our way!

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

EARTHBOUND IN EUROPE!!! EARTHBOUND IN EUROPE!!! I've never read the reviews, seen it in action or even been a fan of NES or Lucas in the SSB series... BUT I'm hyped for this because everyone else has been... Bring in the game! :)

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

Really looking forward to the WiiU system update. No more Leaving the WiiU powered up while it downloads/installs, Auto game update, etc Much more than simply speeding up WiiU.
Even ps3 foesn't download in low power off and you have a be a ps+ member for Auto updates.

But the best thing about WiiU has to be the fact Nintendo Listen to its user community. Yes its takes a bit of time but Wether its to do with the system itself, or games if the community as a whole want something Nintendo seem to br happy to provide if at all possible.

A major difference from how Sony & Microsoft operate.

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

Happy to see Oracle of Ages & Seasons make a return. I played Seasons but never played Ages, so I'll probably get Oracle of Ages first.

If Earthbound was going to be on the 3DS eShop I would buy it in a heartbeat but since it'll be on the Wii U I'm not sure....it's a shame. I'll probably get the Wii U one day though and it'll be one of the first game in my sights.

Also great to see Bravely Default making it out of Japan. So many great games coming out in the next few months. It never rains but it pours. I'm going to have to borrow the Tardis off the Doctor so I have time to play all of them.

The only thing that would have made this even better is if we had gotten some kind of Ace Attorney 5 or Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright news.