Mega Man Composer Manami Matsumae Writing Two Songs For Shovel Knight

Posted by Orla Madden

Mega Matsumae

We reported earlier last week that upcoming 3DS and Wii U title Shovel Knight was closing in on its Kickstarter goal, only to find that it hit the target three days later.

The game is described as "a hot mashup of new and old that may remind you of Mega Man", and now there's another reason why Yacht Club's platformer will remind you of one of Capcom's most recognised characters — Mega Man composer Manami Matsumae will be hard at work writing two songs for Shovel Knight.

Matsume is known for her work on the very first Mega Man game in the original series, Mega Man 10, U.N Squadron and contributing sound effects to Mega Man 2.

Speaking about her new project, she said:

This is the first time I'm working on a Western game! It's quite exciting! Shovel Knight and I are a good fit. So... let's get shovelin'?

Shovel Knight's Kickstarter still has 8 days to go at the time of writing, and it's currently received $103,092 of its $75,000 goal. With Manami Matsumae on board, we can see the total rising rapidly.

[via kickstarter.com]

Related Games

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

Yeah baby! Shovel Knight has New Game+ and Mega Man music. I wonder how high this is gonna get backed?

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

I think my mind just got blown to bits right now. Retro-like game, great music, coming to the Wii U and 3DS, what MORE will they have? Definitely a day one purchase for me.

FOURSIDE_BOY

FOURSIDE_BOY said:

@Five-seveN She was awesome in both megaman 1 and megaman 10. In my humble opinion, her best track ever composed was Elecman's stage music in megaman 1, just f-cking awesome and addictive to listen to. I even have that track on my ipod, I don't know why but it soothes my soul; it is the perfect example of how a videogame's soundtrack should be made: simple but at the same time encouraging you to move on.

For all of you who haven't heard from her previous work on megaman, I'll just leave this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22qJa6tZfXA

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Awesome! Now I'm even more pumped for Shovel Knight! :D & yay They've passed $100,000 hence a New Game+ will be added to the game :D Radical!

Azikira

Azikira said:

They let all us backers know this, it's quite amazing how the game is shaping up to be :3

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

@Five-seveN

Well the NES games had a great roster of music tracks but my favorite ones are Spark Man from 3, Bubble Man from 2, Toad Man from 4 and Skull Man from 4.