Lose Your Inhibitions With Spin The Bottle

Posted by Lee Meyer

Kiss and tell

The upcoming Wii U eShop party game Spin The Bottle is unlike any game you've ever played before. Coming from the quirky minds at KnapNok Games, most of the activities you'll encounter in Spin The Bottle don't even use a TV screen. Players use the GamePad as a spinning wheel (think Twister) and act out whatever odd activity they're prompted to perform. KnapNok recently previewed Spin The Bottle at the Official Independent Drinking Games Summit, an event organized by the experimental game development circle, the Copenhagen Game Collective.

While titles that have emerged from the Copenhagen Game Collective don't typically lend themselves to mainstream release, Spin The Bottle is decidedly innocent, with the only awkwardness coming from the players' actual experiences playing. Older players will likely enjoy the game after loosening up a bit. Dajana Dimovska, co-founder of KnapNok Games, explains the developer's design philosophy to Eurogamer:

If nudity or this physical closeness were considered a sexual thing it would just not happen. Because then it's a different setting. It's not like 'oh, I'm naked I want to have sex with someone.' That's not the case at all. 'I'm naked. I'm having fun,' is the approach.

This isn't to say that Spin The Bottle involves nudity. Despite showcasing the game at a "Drinking Games Summit," Spin The Bottle can be enjoyed by any age group. One of the minigames, "Hide the Monkey," involves two players each hiding a Wii Remote behind their backs and the others trying to guess who has it, with a bonus challenge allowing players to tickle the players who are holding the Wii Remotes.

Spin The Bottle is definitely shaping up to be one of the most unique offerings on the Wii U. Are you planning on trying out this wacky party game? Let us know in the comments section.

[via eurogamer.net]

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

I probably won't play it that often, seeing as I play my games alone. But I may get it for it could be useful in the case I have guests over. Although Wiii Party U would pretty much serve the same purpose...

rjejr

rjejr said:

Yet another reason I'm glad I have 2 sons and no daughters.

And somebody tell that guy being naked is reason enough for teenage boys to want to have sex. Actually being clothed is also reason enough for teenage boys to want to have sex.

Tainy

Tainy said:

I think this game will be a lot of fun. Too many people are just afraid of physical contact. I guess it's our culture.

touching≠sex

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

So it's basically a lot of minigames that involve using Wii remotes instead of a bottle or other arbitrary object, and having to pay for the privilege. 'Hide the Monkey' sounds like a terrible way to play 'guess which hand?'. Well, I needed a good laugh.

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

I should have not read Dimovska's comment O_O, but anyways, this is one of the weirdest games I have ever seen in my life.

antipop621

antipop621 said:

This game is not for me, but the concept is very clever and I hope the game succeeds.

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

I just read the original article and the quote used in this article is out of context. It is still disturbing in context, but it is only tangentially related to this game.

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

Maybe for a free download but pay for this is a steal. All people have bottles, pencils or another things to play a game like this, even you can play this game using a wiimote in the floor without download or paying anything.

LexKitteh

LexKitteh said:

That was a bit of a strange quote to put in this article.. They were talking about Nordic culture and how some people behave when drunk, they weren't even talking about this game at that point.. Read the source article for some better context.

kurtasbestos

kurtasbestos said:

I love pants off dance off dance parties! For some reason the women folk tend to look on in horror and/or mild amusement while my friends and I dance around like maniacs in our underwear (or less), but it has nothing to do with sex, it's just fun. But yeah, like LexKitteh said, that quote kind of seems to have nothing to do with the game. Also, this game sounds kind of fun to me, possibly because I have no shame.

TonIttou

TonIttou said:

Reading about the mini game 'hide the monkey' after 'I'm naked. I'm having fun' on the previous paragraph made me burst out laughing.

• Also, maybe I'm either too chaste or too old, but pants-off dance-off parties sounds way too odd for me.