LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes Release Date Emerges From The Batcave

Posted by Orla Madden

To the Batmobile!

We reported towards the end of February that LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes was set to blast onto the Wii U this Spring, however with Spring ending this month and still no official release date, that didn't seem to be the case.

News has now emerged that Batman and co. will hit Nintendo's new console next month. Several online retailers including Amazon and GameStop have the sequel listed for 21st May, and online site Joystiq has confirmed with GameStop that the listing is the real deal.

The game has already seen a release on the Wii and 3DS, but are you Wii U owners looking forward to the full-fat HD release? Let us know in the comments section below.

[via nintendoeverything.com, joystiq.com]

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I may pick this up, I didn't get a chance to pick it up when it was first released on other consoles, though I'll probably only pick it up for a relatively cheap price.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

I just beat LEGO City and really enjoyed it! I'll definitely be getting LEGO Marvel Superheroes and as for this, maybe. I have heard some really good things about this one so that's a promising sign!

Dreamcaster-X

Dreamcaster-X said:

I put off getting the PS3 version after I read about the added Wii U features and for $39.99 on Amazon I feel it's a great deal. I pre-ordered mine a few weeks ago and I got an email Saturday announcing the May 21 release date which is also Resident Evil:Revelations release date as well. May 7th could also see the release of Deus Ex if Amazon's original date holds up. May could be a VERY good month for Wii U releases!!

rjejr

rjejr said:

In the US spring doesn't end until about June 19th or 20th, which is about 2 months from now, not the end of this month. Where do you live?

Ricube

Ricube said:

Glad i'm not the only one who found this strange... Spring begins at the 21th of March and ends at the 21th of June... as far as I know...

Bluezealand

Bluezealand said:

Springtime on the Northern Hemisphere: ~March, 21 - ~June, 21

The UK is on the Northern Hemisphere.

jacksayspurple

jacksayspurple said:

@paburrows I live in the UK and I wouldn't say summer starts until the 1st of June. Unless you're talking about 'British Summer Time', in which case, that has already started...

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

@paburrows
As Bluezealand pointed out, spring in the UK is the same as spring in the US. A lot of people seem to have trouble with precisely when the seasons begin/end for some reason.

Svengoolie

Svengoolie said:

I love how all the comments are about how the author of the story doesn't know what Spring is.

rjejr

rjejr said:

@dudey300 - Where I am, Spring begins February 1st, ends 30th April.

That must be when they harvest the Guinness ;-)

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

Ya, I know for sure summer starts on the 20th of June, at least in U.S. That would be the spring they are talking about most likely. I don't know how seasons work in other countries.
Anyways, not really planning on getting this game.

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

After becoming massively addicted to Lego City Undercover I might miss the open-world aspect of Batman2 (but will probably still get it anyway!)

SMW

SMW said:

I thought something was up. I knew this game released before! Just the Wii U one is late. Now I get it. Glad I never got around to playing it on the Wii now.

Knux

Knux said:

Unless the Wii U version offers something extra and worthwhile, then I'll likely just buy the PS3 version down the road.

GazPlant

GazPlant said:

This really needs to be a £20-£30 game. Unless there are some extra features, there's no reason to get this over the PS3/360 version

tweet75

tweet75 said:

hope its low priced....its been reduced in price for ps3 and xbox to the 19.99 level and it cannot compete with that at higher prices

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

4 seasons. Divide the 12 months between them. Therefore you get 3 months each do you not? Spring ought to be March, April and May therefore. Anyway, hope the price for this game is reasonable and hoep we get a LEGO Harry Potter HD 1-7 Complete on the Wii U the GameCube Star Wars games came over to the Wii in complete form

JaredJ

JaredJ said:

It comes out on the same day as Resident Evil Revelations. I will have to pick this one up later.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

This is one of three Lego games I plan to get this year so yes, I'm keen. Better be available for download!

placidcasual

placidcasual said:

I literally just finished 100%ing this on my xbox and had a great time. Throughly recommend it. It's open world and some of the puzzles are really quite clever which was a rarity in lego games before this and undercover. If anyones between games on wii u you could do a lot worse than picking this up imo.