Japanese 3DS Owners Can Now Post Images Directly To Social Networks

Posted by Damien McFerran

New tool supports Twitter and Tumblr

Sharing is apparently caring — we're told — and Japanese 3DS owners can now share to their heart's delight by posting in-game screens shots from Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Tomodachi Collection to Twitter and Tumblr.

Twitter user Cheesemeister gives some more information:

Hopefully we'll see the same sort of functionality come to the west, as well. Would you be keen to bother all of your Twitter followers with your exploits in Animal Crossing? Let us know by leaving a comment.

[via nintendo.co.jp, gonintendo.com]

Zyph

Zyph said:

Great! I expect it'll come to other regions as well. I hope we can post images regardless of the game.

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

It posts pictures from your camera library, so yes. Now all we need is a simple screenshot tool :) (like use the game note function to create a screenshot)

Marakuto

Marakuto said:

It would be nice if a screenshot tool was added onto the Game Notes screen.

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

yes, it's really the only feature I miss on my 3DS. As I like to do unofficial reviews of games it's quite impossible to get good images of them.

shinesprite

shinesprite said:

While this is ok, I think we'd all much prefer the ability to post screenshots of all games through miiverse! ;)

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

It's a cool feature but I pray Tomodachi Collection - 3DS is announced at E3 because really want to play the game. :)

I can already post pics on the web. :) That is nice though being able to do it with the browser in the 3ds though. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

AtomicToaster

AtomicToaster said:

This was the same guy that that leaked the no always online drum and full back compatible for 360! I love how a guy named cheesemeister can be taken as a reputable source on the internet! That's not a knock on Nintendolife it's just funny!

AtomicToaster

AtomicToaster said:

I'd like to see the big N do more features like this! I'd love to share my miiverse drawings on other networks and its a huge advantage because their touch screens are actually good for dwing, I hear the dual touch ones are less accurate.

Emaan

Emaan said:

I would definitely post some pictures of my Animal Crossing: New Leaf adventures to my Tumblr. Hopefully this is a worldwide feature :3

devilwaffle

devilwaffle said:

Not as good as posting screenshots on a 3DS Miiverse, but I'd like putting screenshots on my tumblr.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Not as good as Miiverse, but it's something at least. Might use it when it's available for a game i'm interested in.

CasuallyDressedStaff

CasuallyDressed said:

I'd love to see an OS-level screenshot tool, like you have on iOS and PlayStation Vita.

The Wii U's implementation is ooooookaaaay, but, as far as I'm aware, the screenshots just get stored in a cache until you post them to Miiverse; there's no way to actually save them.