Injustice: Gods Among Us Release Pushed Back To 26th April In The UK

Posted by Orla Madden

No details as to why it's delayed

Expected to arrive in the UK this Friday 19th April, Injustice: Gods Among Us has been delayed for the Wii U. The upcoming brawler has been pushed back to the 26th April, so we've just one week to wait.

Speaking to CVG, a spokesperson for Warner Bros. had confirmed the new release date, but never gave any information as to why the game would be delayed in the first place.

Were you looking forward to picking up Injustice: Gods Among Us this week? Does waiting an extra week bother you? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via computerandvideogames.com]

JJOR64

JJOR64 said:

For second I thought I read this as the US release. A bummer for people in the UK that planed on getting it for the Wii U, but at least it isn't a giant delay.

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

Thats not that bad of a delay, its only 11 days unlike Rayman Legends which still is delayed for the next five months, so EU gamers should be thankful that it wouldnt be that long :)

OrionLee

OrionLee said:

While I am slightly annoyed at the delay, at least I still have Fire Emblem to look forward to this week. :)

manu0

manu0 said:

Yeah...too many games coming out in Europe...would be bad timing to release it now!

Lopezdm

Lopezdm said:

That sucks for the EU. I wasn't planning on getting it until I read some reviews anyway. Having a little more time to read and watch reviews prob isn't a bad thing.

SuperKMx

SuperKMx said:

Given how dire and slow the 360 demo was, I'd imagine that they've delayed it because it isn't fun. :)

MiNiStRy

MiNiStRy said:

Street date was broken in Australian and was released yesterday in some stores.

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

Dosn't really effect me as not got the money to buy this this week, so was getting it next week anyway.. but still a blow.

My question is, with other recent games having distribution problems, Eg- MH3, NFSMW, is the delay also down to the same issue with distribution and would rather release a game fully available rather than partially?
Seems very strange its only the WiiU version and only by an extra week, so It can't be down to development issues.

I also Wonder if the game will release on eshop this week though, and WB simply delay retail release.

MrGawain

MrGawain said:

Everyone is talking around it saying it's 'all very odd', but what were really all thinking is: 'Are UK/European distributors intentionally delaying the Wii U version as a kiss off to Nintendo for not reducing the price of the console?' The retailers seemed to know it was going to be delayed BEFORE Warner Bros announced it.

And we may all come to the conclusion that it may be a little far fetched, but it's still sitting there in the back of all of our minds....

Jack_Package

Jack_Package said:

All the retailers in Europe came together and purposely delayed release, by one week, to exact revenge on Nintendo for not reducing the stock price of the Wii U?

Yeah, I'm pretty high too, dude. Peace Out

SuperDel

SuperDel said:

I reckon they delayed it a week to add GamePad support right out the box and not in a firmware update. Maybe they plan on using that as a selling point on the back of the box. Who knows though, I always thought it was the 26th and only realised PS3 and 360 owners are getting it 1 week earlier. ShopTo had this date for months...

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

What I find odd is that the game is being released in the US tomorrow and I haven't found a single review yet. I know there are embargoes with some games but this is too much.

Digital-Deviant

Digital-Deviant said:

Let's face it retailers know something is up when a box full of games doesn't appear at the warehouse! It must be a European distribution problem...

Digital-Deviant

Digital-Deviant said:

@sinalefa I think we are all aware that this game may suck hard, the EU delay is quite useful really as we get to hear what our NA folks think before we take the plunge!

cyberman67

cyberman67 said:

Lego Batman 2 PS3 > 22th june 2012, for the Wii 29th of june. Lego Lord of the Rings PS3 > 23th november 2012, for the Wii 30th november 2012. Both dates verified on amazon.de. Seems to be a pattern in recent releases by WB for Nintendo Wii systems. The 3DS versions have been released the same day as all other versions.

Kifa

Kifa said:

I suppose this does not bother me, as I've intended to wait for some reviews and platform comparisons before buying (Colonial Marines for PC left me psychically scarred and I'm not preordering anything for the next two years minimum).

It might not be as strange as it looks - maybe there are some trouble getting those custom optical discs made in adequate quanities? Or some logistics problem we don't know of?

Gamer83

Gamer83 said:

It's averaging an 85 (360 version) right now on metacritic so I don't know if it has anything to do with game quality and it's arriving on time here in North America so I really don't get this but hopefully they use it as a chance to hype up the Wii U version a bit more.