Freshly-Sliced Version Of Cut The Rope Coming To 3DS eShop

Posted by Damien McFerran

The adorable Om Nom is back for more munching

ZeptoLab has confirmed that the 3DS eShop will be getting a new version of the insanely popular Cut The Rope, developed by Abylight. The physics-based puzzler has been downloaded over 100 million times since its 2010 release.

Based on the iOS original, the developers are promising that this new version will be a marked improvement over the DSiWare port, with 3D animations taking place on the 3DS console's top screen while the rope-slicing action plays out on the lower touchscreen.

You can check out some footage of the game below. Be sure to post a comment if this is something you're personally looking forward to playing.

[via revogamers.net]

jacksayspurple

jacksayspurple said:

Om Nom is the most adorable thing ever and it seems that ZeptoLab have put in a bit more effort than the usual phone port games, so I might download it...

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

This has been on my wish list for some time now! Now being on the 3ds gives it a much better chance of me dl-ing it.

manu0

manu0 said:

How do they handle the puzzles for which you need multitouch?

iphys

iphys said:

Hmmm, been interested in this for a while. I hope the price isn't outrageous.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Looks superb, I picked up the DSiWare version and was sorely disappointed with the performance issues, as well as having to hold the game sideways.

rjejr

rjejr said:

"downloaded over 100 million times"

Probably 99 million of the free version and 1 million at 99c. Though I suppose $1,000,000 is still $1 million.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I'm not a huge fan of IOS games, but I have played this one on the Ipad and its terrrific. I'd like check this one out

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

I got the ios version 2 or 3 years ago so I'm not interested in this one. Great value btw, 0'79€ for countless levels is awesome.

HeroOfCybertron

HeroOfCybertron said:

Good I can finally get this game when it comes out. I never got the DSiWare version because the book style play made it unplayable for me.

TheHunter

TheHunter said:

I think I'd be annoyed by the top screen just being the little monster opening and closing it's mouth in 3D for the whole game.

CrabGats

CrabGats said:

I've been holding back due the fact that it's DSiware, but I'm probably getting this version!

FOREST_RANGER

FOREST_RANGER said:

Wait a minute. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those first few stages identical to the iOS version?? Maybe set an extra cheap price for it to sell well.

KoiTenchi

KoiTenchi said:

I have this on iPhone and, granted I'm not big on iPhone games, but this is one of my favorite games on the device.

That being said, I'm not that interested in this... The second screen and 3D pretty much add literally nothing to the gameplay and the levels seem to be exactly the same from what I recognize.

If this game had new levels, sure, but it looks like it's pretty much a port so ehhh...

All that being said, I would still recommend it for those who don't have access for an I device to play it on.

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

OMG 3D omnom on the topscreen and reworked levels to fit the touchscreen?

I'm sold!

Humphries90

Humphries90 said:

Never played it before, but if it's cheap enough then I'll get it. Maybe £1.99? Though that's probably wildly over optimistic.

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

Nice news!

I got interested in the dsiware version since it kept pop up between the most sold games, but knowing it cost more than iOS and never get updated... it sounded a bad affair honestly ^_^;

But that's all in the past, when this new version will come out I will surely be very tempted to download it ^O^

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

Not a game I enjoy in the least. However, since it will make $$ for Nintendo and the Publisher, so that they may make more games, I'm glad to hear about this. Hope everyone enjoy's it when it comes out.

Drawdler

Drawdler said:

I hope they add DLC. I got the DSi version but even some of the levels from when it came out were missing...