Etrian Odyssey IV European Release Pushed to Summer

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Darn

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan on 3DS is a lengthy, demanding and challenging RPG that has been critically praised since its North American release in February. It's a series and genre that doesn't necessarily enjoy significant mainstream support, but its quality does give it a loyal group of fans.

While Atlus handled publication in North America, NIS America has picked up the reins to bring it to Europe and initially promised a Spring release. In its own rather unique style of presenting news as a comic-strip, the publisher has shifted its window to Summer; it may be another few months before it arrives.

It's not the worst delay we've ever seen, and with titles like this we're often grateful that they're localised at all. So what do you think Europe, is this now part of your summer gaming plans?

[via nisamerica.com, gematsu.com]

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Just as long as they don't make Animal Crossing any later than it is (We're of course last again anyway) I think I'll be fine.

Blaze

Blaze said:

Atlus need to hurry up and get a European sector so we can actually get some of the awesome games they develop, especially considering how the 3DS is region locked. u_u But yay, at least we're getting it this year! :) (Hopefully, anyway)

KodaSmooss

KodaSmooss said:

Pushing it to the summer is a good idea considering Fire Emblem is out this month in Europe... Not too much lengthy JRPG's at the same time please! :)

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

Wow, EU always gets the short end...except in the case of VC releases which they seem to get the good ones before we do in NA. Nice concise tagline.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

That really sucks for you guys. Maybe they didn't want to go head to head against Fire Emblem!!

ErnisDy

ErnisDy said:

I don't mind waiting a bit more. Right now there's plenty of games to play.

f_zul

f_zul said:

What a letdown. What actually takes so much time to release it in EU? How many languages it supports?

Romeo

Romeo said:

@ErnisDy
which would then make me wonder why we have to wait so much longer for Fire Emblem: Awakening as well.......
this is SO annoying for us europeans, we always have to wait a few more weeks/months while you're already playing
sigh

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@Romeo I know about Mega Man 3 and I wasn't being sarcastic. You guys get the Wario Land games like 5 months before we do and you have Blaster Master (NES) on the 3DS VC and I've been waiting forever for that one. Granted we may get some of the good ones first, but EU usually gets them first. Also, Mega Man 3 only took a few more weeks to get to Europe once it released in North America, whereas it usually takes months for games like the Wario Land series to make it over here once they're released in Europe.

Sjoerd

Sjoerd said:

I'm quite happy with this actually. I've got many games yet to play, and this one would only make the pile grow

Hunter-D

Hunter-D said:

Fine for me (maybe not for others) as I already have too much on my plate and I haven't even started EOI yet and Fire Emblem is just on the horizon.

ErnisDy

ErnisDy said:

@Romeo Because Europe has a gazilion of different countries, so in order to publish something there they have have to do so much more work. And even then, not everything is available to everyone. I'm Lithuanian and I can't even use eShop(well, I registered as person from UK, but still).

MarkDaBeast

MarkDaBeast said:

damn, the only good thing we get that na wont get is the 1-2-3 legend of mark evans 3ds collection

MetalKingShield

MetalKingShield said:

I'm glad, to be honest. Only got II & III when they reprinted them and have also got Luigi's Mansion 2 to play. When it does arrive, I'll be there!

gazamataz

gazamataz said:

Well if the 3DS was region free like the DS was I would'nt be to bothered by this.But for some reason it is'nt and it could prove very annoying if say a sequel to Radiant Historia is ever released.I imported a few DS games over the years and they were pretty hit and miss but i do miss it and because most Atlus rpg's are pretty text heavy i think we will miss out on most of them in europe on 3DS after Ghostlight muffing up Devil Survivor overclocked.

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

I'm surprised that they'd even bother bringing this to the EU and Australia considering that Atlus hadn't bothered to release II and III here.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

Bah, I knew it....thought it was strange that no site other than NintendoLife had an EU release date.

@sillygostly US imports work just fine on though, I've got US copies of Etrian Odyssey 1,2 & 3 myself (I bought the re-releases just before 4 launched in the US). It's only the 3DS that causes a problem by being region locked. And from what I gather, Etrian Odyssey 4 is more accessible and easier to get into than the first 3 games anyway, so it'd be a good starting point for anybody who likes the look of the Etrian games but has been put off by reports about their difficulty.

Nomad

Nomad said:

Better late than never. I guess I can take my time with Fire Emblem then.

Collision_Cat

Collision_Cat said:

Now watch as it gets released here with game breaking bugs like a certain other 3DS JRPG that Europe waited a long time for~

RetrogamerFan

RetrogamerFan said:

I'm still planning to get this, regardless of the delay. Will be pleased to have it late, rather than not at all.

Ralizah

Ralizah said:

Stinks for European JRPG fans. Hopefully this is brought over without any issues.

DIALGA63

DIALGA63 said:

Good thing I'm Canadian. But really, I feel sorry for the Europeans. It really is a good game.