Eiji Aonuma Takes To Link To The Past Miiverse To Discuss Zelda 3DS

Posted by Orla Madden

Special mention for Oracle of Seasons and Ages, too

During yesterday's Nintendo Direct, Nintendo landed an unexpected surprise on us towards the end of the broadcast. We were told to expect a new Zelda game for the 3DS before the end of the year — the kind of megaton announcement that would normally wait until E3. Not only that, but we weren't prepared for a top down title set in the same world as The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

After the presentation, Legend of Zelda series developer, Eiji Aonuma, left messages in the community area of the Miiverse for the franchise. Here's what Aonuma had to say on the upcoming Zelda title for the 3DS:

Hello everyone, Eiji Aonuma here! In the latest Nintendo Direct, we announced an entirely new Zelda game for Nintendo 3DS that takes place in the world of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past! I’d like to introduce it to all of you in the Miiverse community, too. We announced it towards the end of this video.

I’m sure that those of you familiar with A Link to the Past could imagine what kind of game this would be – but I think that you’ll be surprised at quite how different it is when you actually play it!

Still, that’s quite a difficult sentiment to convey through just an announcement alone, so we’re releasing a 3D video in Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS as well.

Experience Hyrule reborn in a highly realistic three-dimensional world. A new story and new dungeon puzzles await you in this brand-new Zelda game! Development is progressing well, so look forward to hearing more about it soon!

Not wanting to leave anything else out from yesterday's announcements, Aonuma also left a comment on The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages:

Hello everyone!

I told you here before that The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages will be available for Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS systems soon. Thank you all for your patience. I’m here to announce that they will be available to purchase in the Nintendo eShop from the 30th of May!

I’m sure some of you have seen the reaction of the Japanese players in our community and wanted to play yourselves. Well, now you can! I hope you enjoy linking both stories together!

Have you downloaded the Zelda 3D video yet? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

Related Games

beat

beat said:

that awesome trailer was so sweet! the 3d effect when link was jumping from platform to another was awesome!!! and link himself looks awesome. it was nostalgic IN 3D (brown-haired kid link)

Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs said:

im sure Team Aonuma has taken an old favorite and made a rebirth well worth playing no matter how familiar we are with the original. Its a new Zelda! Such a great feeling!

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

@PvtOttobot sorry to tell you, but that most likely won't be happening any time soon. They remade wind waker (which still isn't available atm) to be a buffer for the waiting time for a true Wii U Zelda. It's the same thing they did with the 3ds. They remade LoZOoT, and we didn't hear a single word about the new Zelda, exept that they are working on it, til recently; I think the same is going to be true for Wii U Zelda.

Lin1876

Lin1876 said:

The 3D trailer was cool, but the 3D effect makes my head hurt so I probably won't be using it much, sadly.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

I think the new Zelda looks great. Day 1 purchase if it isn't too close to Christmas. Game notes will probably be helpful for the Oracle games, and I'm glad to hear they're being released on the same day as each other just as they should be.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

I really hope this has some version of the original built into it. I still haven't managed to play that game yet.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

Awesome trailer. Very happy to see a release date for the Oracle games. I can only say I wish it was sooner instead of a month and a half away almost.

FernandoMachado

FernandoMachado said:

WOW! The overworld really looks like a 1:1 upgrade of the original game. BEYOND EXCITED!
and after this one is out... Majora will follow!

ArkOne77

ArkOne77 said:

Watched the trailer 5 times just thinking how much fun this new title is going to be! Can't wait!!!

iPruch

iPruch said:

Finally, Zelda old school and for the console of the moment. Nintendo, you've done it again! :D

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

I'm glad to see everyone here excited rather than complaining. :)

I'm also glad to see us getting some good Gameboy Color titles. It seems like we haven't had any new Gameboy VC games in forever. Much less Gameboy Color. Capcom proved with the Oracles that they're as good at making 2D Zeldas as Nintendo is.

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

My two favorite The Legend Of Zeldas will be available two days after my birthday?

Oh Nintendo, I love you too.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

In the trailer the area Link is in is just remade from aLttP. I hope they aren't just going to remake the whole world with few new ideas, basically claiming it's a sequel to cover up the fact that it's a remake, really.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I thought the trailer of the new Zelda looked pretty darn good. I have also been looking forward to playing Oracle of Seasons and Ages for quite a while now.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

This is great. I'll have both oracle games on me at all times, and a brand new Zelda that pays homage to a great classic. Man this is going to be a good year to own a 3DS!

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

@KnightRider666 I hear ya. I can't wait to play the Oracles again. Seasons was my favorite of the two, but it broke. :( This new one looks great despite the fact that people are throwing off on it based on a few videos.

Emaan

Emaan said:

I'm warming up to the new art style ever so slightly, the 3D video was quite nice :3

Henmii

Henmii said:

Downloaded the trailer: Yeah, it looks better in 3D! But still not convinced! We will see!