Capcom Is Bringing Custom Armour Action To The 3DS With Gaist Crusher

Posted by Damien McFerran

You know, for kids!

Capcom has announced the excellently-named Gaist Crusher for the Nintendo 3DS. An ambitious project which will span video games, comics, cartoons, music and (of course) toy merchandise, Gaist Crusher is part of Capcom's fresh desire to create content for younger players. The fact that it also focuses on "collecting" elements — and therefore could become a cash cow if successful — could also be a motivating factor, we'd imagine.

The game hits Japan this Winter, alongside an anime TV show created by Studio Pierrot Co. A manga series will run in Shueisha’s V Jump and Saikyou Jump publications.

A western release isn't on the cards at present, but if the series is popular enough in Japan there's a good chance it could be localised. Is it something you'd consider picking up? Post a comment to let us know.

[via siliconera.com]

beat

beat said:

woooooooo. the child in me is going to explode!!!! :D... well im 17, so not really THAT old. :D

ErnisDy

ErnisDy said:

I loved that kind of animes and games when I was kid. (beyblades, yu gi oh, b daman). It can be fun if done right.

LexKitteh

LexKitteh said:

Feels a bit too similar to the new Saint Seiya anime. Even the characters' names and costumes are similar. :P

KLer

KLer said:

I have always been a sucker for this kinda anime battle stuff, ie Beyblade and Bakugan, this coming from a 20 year old I want this

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

I dont think that chances are high for it to launch in western regions. The whole merchendesign/manga/anime stuff behind it is far too expensive. We in germany wont have ANY kids TV show in a few months. None of our channels will air shows aimed for children, so that part would be missing here.
So, this whole franchise needs to be brought westward intact or should stay where it can achieve its full potential.
Its the same with the recent Dragonball strategy / card game. Porting the games would be the least problem (a console version was hinted) but the merchendesign apparatus behind it wuld just be too expensive for regions, that rather play grey/brown corridor shooters than flashy anime games.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Looks promising. If you don't have to buy anything but the main game to fully enjoy it this could be a title to keep an eye on.

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

For some reason this reminds me a lot of Spectrobes, which is a good thing since I liked that series.

I imagine this will catch on and probably do pretty well outside of Japan, most of these sort of franchises usually do. This might be worth keeping an eye on depending on what their target audience is and how its handled.

realar

realar said:

This looks pretty cool, it's like Monster Hunter for kids. I like it.

XXIV

XXIV said:

Come on Cap, localize i. We have plenty of children for you right here!
...Oh, wait, that was pretty pedo.

@Zombie_Baroth
WORM, ASSKSJDLFDJ!

Melkaticox

Melkaticox said:

What is with companies still making toys...kids of the '10s don't play with toys :B

Also Saint Capcom

GuSolarFlare

GuSolarFlare said:

I might be 18 already but wow this is one "kids oriented" thing that got my attention hope it comes out of japan!

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

interesting. hope this one gets localised. was bummed about capcom's other game E.X troopers staying in japan and not getting a worldwide release.

Volmun

Volmun said:

looks good but im almost sertan they wont bother releasing it out side of JPN 8( also it looked a bit like thay use the same engine as MML3 (To me eniway)