Beyblade: Evolution Spinning Its Way Onto The 3DS This Year

Posted by Orla Madden

Takes advantage of the 3DS' capabilities

Rising Star Games has announced Beyblade: Evolution, an all new exclusive game for the 3DS which is scheduled to spin across Europe and North America later this year. D3Publisher will distribute the game across the US.

The title, an interesting take on the TV series Metal Saga, allows players to launch their in-game Beyblade use the advantages of the 3DS' gyro and motion sensors to full effect, by manipulating the viewing angle with the Augmented Reality camera for precise control and adjustment. You'll be able to engage in real-time multiplayer battles or follow the Story Mode campaign unlocking new parts and information to fine-tune your tops in the Bey Factory.

Those who plan on purchasing the game, will have two versions to choose from: you can either buy the standalone game, or opt for a collector's edition which features an exclusive six-piece Beyblade Wing Pegasus 90WF toy - in collaboration with Hasbro - previously unavailable outside of Japan.

Will you put Beyblade: Evolution down on your list of games to buy this year? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

Yrreiht

Yrreiht said:

Using the gyro to control a bayblade? Interesting... I'll wait for more updates to make my decision.

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

I remember I once got a Beyblade game on the gamecube for my birthday, but nothing was in it.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Actually surprised Beyblade still exists. Remember my old friends back in high school used to collect them

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I didn't even know that they made Beyblade videogames. The gyroscope controls could be nifty.

AutumnShantel

AutumnShantel said:

I used to love Beyblade when the series first came out on TV... I have one of the games and I enjoyed it (for the GCN). Can't say someone who wasn't into Beyblade would ever like it, though.

Shane904

Shane904 said:

I used to love Beyblade when I was in 3rd grade. I had one of the Game Cube games, and it was pretty fun. A lot cheaper than buying real Beyblades and getting all the parts =P

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

Cant say I ever cared for Beyblade, but an eShop demo could persuade many to buy if it all works great.

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

I still have the entire 3rd series set, G-Revolution. That being said, hope the game is good, and
3! 2! 1! Let It Rip!!!!!!!!!!!

GameLord08

GameLord08 said:

The last time I heard about Beyblade, I was in Year 3 surrounded by 7-year-old boys, for the most part.

...I still have my collection somewhere too.

Beta

Beta said:

I used to have one of those when I was a kid <3 (I miss those days ;_; ) I will probably get for my little bro since I got him into this XD

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

3! 2! 1! LEEEET IT RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!!!

The DS one wasn't half bad. Improve the game mechanics and this could be ok.

3DGamer

3DGamer said:

How old is BeyBlade? Because they still make new episodes on CartoonNetwork they are really good.