All Three Guild02 Titles Are Confirmed for the West

Posted by Lee Meyer

Starships and tanks and monsters, oh my!

During today's Nintendo Direct, Bill Trinen of Nintendo's Treehouse announced that all three of Level 5's Guild02 titles would be heading to North America and Europe soon. The Starship Damrey, Bugs vs. Tanks! and Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale will be coming to the eShop in the coming months.

The Starship Damrey, from visual novel pioneer Kaz Asano, is a moody space story that drops the player into a mysterious situation with no hints or tutorials. Megaman creator Keiji Inafune's Bugs vs. Tanks! tasks the player with creating custom tanks to combat swarms of bugs. Perhaps most notable of the collection is Kazu Ayabe's Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale, which many feared wouldn't be localised due to its Japanese culture-specific subject matter. The game takes place in 1970s Tokyo in a village where monsters from popular cartoons come alive on Fridays.

The Guild02 news was just one of many surprising announcements during today's presentation. Are you looking forward to the Guild02 releases? Which of the three titles are you most excited for? Let us know in the comments section.

beat

beat said:

DAMREY AND FRIDAY!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE YOU NINTENDO AND LEVEL 5.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I'll wait for reviews on all of these before I take the plunge. They all look interesting!

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

So happy that The Attack of the Friday Monsters! is also being released. I'll be picking that and The Starship Damrey up for sure!

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

we'll see. i'd have to see videos for those games to see if i will want them but i am excited for the people who know they want those games.

rjejr

rjejr said:

"Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale, which many feared wouldn't be localised due to its Japanese culture-specific subject matter."

Japanese specific? It's a video game of "Godzilla's Revenge". Jet Jaguar is fighting Gigan in the photo. (Though that's from Godzilla vs. Megalon and not Godzilla's Revenge but you get the idea.) It's way less culture specific than Papo & Yo on PSN.

I need an HD Godzilla game, though I'd settle for War of the Monsters 2.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

Now I just need to see some reviews of these games to determine if they are worth getting. I'm glad they decided to release all 3 and not just 2 out of 3.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Starship Damrey looks deep and atmospheric.... Exactly my type of game!
We'll have to wait and see if its any good/affordable.

bluecat

bluecat said:

As a fan of tokusatsu I will definitely be getting 'Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale'. Not sure about the other two, will wait and see.

KamenRiderMelon

KamenRiderMelon said:

I do hope Attack of the Friday Monsters has something from Kamen Rider or Super Sentai... Although considering they're "Friday Monsters" I suppose that's rather unlikely.

Tobias95

Tobias95 said:

As a selfaclaimed fan of level 5 I will get the space game and tokeyo friday thing. In the bug game, do play as good guys or evils? I wont get it if the latter is case.

AgentAPE

AgentAPE said:

starship damrey is has a pretty cool concept, friday monsters looks cool too.

RR529

RR529 said:

All 3 of these will probably be buys for me. I loved Crimson Shroud & Liberation Maiden (they felt like bite sized AAA titles, instead of regular DL games).

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale would be a must for me. Starship Darmey is cool, but when they showed the monster in the trailer, I jumped back in my seat: "OH MY GAWDDDDD"

BakaKnight

BakaKnight said:

This was a great news indeed ^O^

Really hope they weren't kidding about them being avaiable "soon"!!!
Very very interested in Starship and Friday :)

Red_Acteur_2

Red_Acteur_2 said:

Grumpf ! Inafune isn't Megaman's creator ! He's has participated in the development of the game, but only as a background artist. Sure he did some more important work afterwards, but he did not create Megaman !

Dunban

Dunban said:

In the first half of Nintendo direct there was so much casual doody, but nintendo finaly got something for me to reveal :-) loved the guild01 titels so i`ll defenetly pick up one of these. meanwhile till MH4

Peach64

Peach64 said:

I'll be waiting on reviews. I remember being so excited at the thought of the first Guild titles, and having them localised was my biggest gaming hope for a while... but then they came, and I thought Crimson Shroud was the only decent one there :( Friday Monsters is jumping out at me the most right now.

TotalHenshin

TotalHenshin said:

Two of these look very much worth keeping an eye on, and one of them is Bugs vs. Tanks.

Don't care if it's from Inafune, it just doesn't look good.

gojiguy

gojiguy said:

The announcement of an english version of Monsters Attack on Friday... that MADE the Nintendo Direct for me.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

@Peach64 I tend to agree with you about be a little dissapointed in the Guild_01 games. But on the otherhand, I love the fact that each game has a unique style or gameplay type. I applaud the efforts and the courage of Level 5 to help get these games created. I will support this next run as well, I don't want a gaming future w/ just stupid FPS and GTA style games.