Agatsuma Plans To Release Farewell Umihara Kawase Outside Japan

Posted by Tim Latshaw

Reel-y

The quirky, fishing line-based physics platformer Farewell Umihara Kawase for the 3DS may see a release outside Japan if publisher Agatsuma Entertainment has its way.

Siliconera asked Rico Kuno Matsumara, general manager at Agatsuma, about the possibility of the game being released elsewhere and here's what he had to say:

Yes, we are planning to release [Farewell Umihara Kawase] in future, but not fixed anything yet. Maybe we will discuss during E3 with other new titles?

Also known as Sayonara Umihara Kawase, this latest title would be the first in the series to see an international release if Agatsuma gets its wish. Atlus USA, which recently published Agatsuma’s Code of Princess in North America, could be willing to bite on this game too, but only time will tell.

Farewell Umihara Kawase is set to launch in Japan this Summer.

Do you think Umihara Kawase would hook enough gamers overseas? Let us know by sinking a comment below.

[via siliconera.com]

gingerbeardman

gingerbeardman said:

I loved the SNES and PSX versions, and the DS version was much better than the poor PSP port. So I'll probably buy this regardless of the fact that the 3D doesn't add much at all.

Grubdog

Grubdog said:

These guys are doing a great job, I was surprised to see Code of Princess making it's way to Europe and Australia. Keep releasing games and I'll keep buying them.

zipmonStaff

zipmon said:

Wow! I feel like we've been riding a wave of crazy good news re: localization recently! And if Atlus published it over here? :O Good stuff!!

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I haven't heard of this series before but it looks interesting. I certainly won't complain about more games getting localized.

meppi

meppi said:

My God! I was planning on picking up a Japanese LL just for this game when it released in Japan! Looks like I won't have to for now. :D

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

i've seen the super nintendo version being played on an episode of gamecenter CX arino's challenge on youtube and it looks hard but challenging as well. atlus have been good so far, so fingers crossed this comes to the west.