Action RPG CrossCode Could Be Heading To The Wii U eShop

Posted by Damien McFerran

Retro role-player looks like a perfect fit for the GamePad

Browser-based action RPG CrossCode could be coming to the Wii U eShop, according to its developer Radical Fish Games.

Speaking to Nintendo Enthusiast, the studio has expressed interest in porting the game to Nintendo's system, but pointed out that finishing the PC version remains the priority.

CrossCode is built in HTML5, which would allow it to be ported to the Wii U with relative ease thanks to Nintendo's recently-announced Web Framework.

You can check out some gameplay footage of CrossCode below, or try out the demo on the official site. Be sure to post a comment below to tell us what you think of this unique title.

[via nintendoenthusiast.com]

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

As tempting as all the eShop games are, I am going to spend about a billion pounds on the VC when it opens and not have time to play these.

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

I don't know why I get so bored by the idea of guns in games but I do. Still, less than a week to go now until we (hopefully) get some Darksiders news.

ScreamoPichu

ScreamoPichu said:

I really enjoyed that demo! I wanted to play more. I'd definitely buy this if it came to the eShop. Awesome music, fun/unique gameplay and gorgeous sprite work. This has gotten me excited.

powerhour24

powerhour24 said:

Demo plays perfectly on the wii u. try it on your Wii U guys!! d-pad to move. touch screen to shoot and aim. first demo on wii u with infinite plays.

HeatBombastic

HeatBombastic said:

I don't know why people are saying the art style looks like Pokemon. That's like saying Link to the Past looks like Pokemon.

FritzFrapp

FritzFrapp said:

Quite an interesting little game. Will keep an eye on it, for sure.

I would love to see the beautiful Qasir al Wasat, by Brazilian developers Aduge, come to the Wii U. It's currently available for Mac and PC – I thoroughly recommend trying the demo: http://qasir.adugestudio.com/#game

Volmun

Volmun said:

looks really good but i feal its a bit odd there using WoW music in the vid

Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu said:

I know the developer behind this, though not personally. Lachsen was my personal hope of a well-developed RPG Maker game called "Velsarbor". I highly recommend getting it - even though it only exists in german and french, and is only a demo. But the stuff he does really shows off his detailed work, especially when it comes to animation.