Young Justice: Legacy Coming To Wii U And 3DS Despite Show Axe

Posted by Lee Meyer

The legacy lives on

Little Orbit has announced that Young Justice: Legacy — based on the recently cancelled Young Justice animated series — will be released this September for the all major platforms, including 3DS and Wii U. The game was previously announced for release this Spring on the Wii, but those plans have apparently been scrapped.

While some fans were worried that the action RPG's release would be in jeopardy because of the show's cancellation, Little Orbit took to their Facebook page to explain their reasoning for the delay:

The change in the street date has nothing to do with the current status of the show, this decision was made by Little Orbit. We realize this sounds like a long way off, and we would like to apologize for the long wait. We take the game very seriously, and the decision to push the title back was difficult.

We didn't know it when we named the title, but as the show airs its final episodes, "Young Justice: Legacy" has taken on an entirely new meaning for the fans.

Many of fans have also asked about the hardware platforms, which have shifted around a little. At launch the game will be available on Microsoft X360, Sony PS3, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Wii-U, and PC on Steam.

Are you excited for Young Justice: Legacy? Were you a fan of the show? Let us know in the comments.

[via facebook.com]

Related Games

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Damn You DC for killing Young Justice and Green Lantern.

will buy this though.

Mickey

Mickey said:

Oh boy. I can't wait to experience flat dialogue and story-lines with non-stop twists, for example: The hero is undercover, but if their cover is blown, they have a backup plan... BUT THE VILLAINS HAVE A PLAN FOR WHEN THE HEROES HAVE A BACKUP PLAN... BUUUUT THE HEROES HAVE A BACKUP PLAN FOR WHEN THE VILLAINS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN FOR THE ORIGINAL BACKUP PLAN!!!

I wasted a year of my life waiting for that show to get good...

MAN1AC

MAN1AC said:

Its a shame that the show got cancelled. It had so so much unmet potential.
Hopefully this game is decent. If it is I'll def buy it.

Yosh

Yosh said:

the show was decent, the animation was great, its is really overrated though, so not picking the game up at all.

Drobotic

Drobotic said:

Hopefully the new Batman and Teen Titans were worth getting rid of GL and YJ.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Given the characters present on the cover there, it seems unlikely that this takes place after the show's conclusion anyway.

belmont

belmont said:

I liked the series, too bad it was cancelled. I may get the game at some point.

NINTENBOY

NINTENBOY said:

I'm a big fan of the show (even though I missed alot of episodes) but I never even heard of this game. if I could see some footage, if it has online and alot of reply value then there's a good chance me and my friends will get it other wise I don't think so.

Bane

Bane said:

Come on make a Lego Young Justice, that game would be better anyway.